#4541 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 May 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Try my set up (2xGauss 2xERPPC). It's still very mean, and I use an XL engine to make sure I can still crab walk outta dodge faster than the enemy can catch me (XL 340, I believe)

KGC-0000 I believe that's it. (logging in to check).

EDIT: My current build uses one less ammo ton, and adds a 4th DHS

oh the problem is not the king crab setup, it is the pilot trying to get a hang of the style to use the duel gauss effectively. but as i have not tried an xl engine in any of my crabs i may have to just to see,....

#4542 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:30 AM

View Postloopala, on 09 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

oh the problem is not the king crab setup, it is the pilot trying to get a hang of the style to use the duel gauss effectively. but as i have not tried an xl engine in any of my crabs i may have to just to see,....

Just keep hammering at it. It takes time, and an advanced zoom module helps out a lot. Slapping an XL in a crab is a risky endeavor, but since I'm playing in a way that makes sure the enemy rarely sees me, it's less of a problem. Putting an XL in an AC 20 crab is pure suicide, by contrast.

#4543 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:55 AM

My whine i dont have enough playtime for the tournament!

#4544 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:55 AM

When the highest scoring player on your team (both in damage, and match score) is in a non-basic'd urbie. Things went wrong. Horribly wrong. (I was that urbie, btw.)

#4545 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:26 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 May 2015 - 02:55 AM, said:

When the highest scoring player on your team (both in damage, and match score) is in a non-basic'd urbie. Things went wrong. Horribly wrong. (I was that urbie, btw.)

The first time I see had the high match score on my team, it was in an unbasiced locust with a total damage of 200 something. It was somehow less rewording than I expected it to be ;)

#4546 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:35 AM

played my troll cataphract 3d with dual LBX10/4 med laser config
wanted to change it because... its lbx.
then i did 760 damage with it.
and lold.

#4547 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

Just got called a "coward" and a "timberwolf *****" in one match and a "coward" and "i hope you die" in another because i did not run straight at the first thing and die like the rest of the pugs did

I said on VOIP "stop running at them and dying 1 by 1" after i watched three consecutive storm crows walk around the same corner and get focussed fire by the whole team. I GOT A "stfu" and "stop being a coward" for not running at the team face first and dying with less than 200 damage like most of the team did.

Apparently charging valiantly in and getting your face shot of makes you a better player than staying alive and continuing to dish out damage

1st match 360 damage and second highest by a fairly big margin. not bad considering the match lasted about 3.5 minutes with 2.5 of thos walking around the map

2nd match 630 damage and a kill, highest on the team by a long way

Yeah, running straight at them is definately the way to go....

Edited by FatYak, 10 May 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#4548 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostFatYak, on 10 May 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

Just got called a "coward" and a "timberwolf *****" in one match and a "coward" and "i hope you die" in another because i did not run straight at the first thing and die like the rest of the pugs did

I said on VOIP "stop running at them and dying 1 by 1" after i watched three consecutive storm crows walk around the same corner and get focussed fire by the whole team. I GOT A "stfu" and "stop being a coward" for not running at the team face first and dying with less than 200 damage like most of the team did.

Apparently charging valiantly in and getting your face shot of makes you a better player than staying alive and continuing to dish out damage

1st match 360 damage and second highest by a fairly big margin. not bad considering the match lasted about 3.5 minutes with 2.5 of thos walking around the map

2nd match 630 damage and a kill, highest on the team by a long way

Yeah, running straight at them is definately the way to go....

learning resistance :D

they didnt hear the Sound Of Truth as they died and you spoke :D

Edited by Alienized, 10 May 2015 - 05:02 AM.

#4549 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:23 AM

Just had a match where I dealt 578 damage, in my Urbie (3 MG, 1 ERLL, 2 ML, XL 180). I out-damaged the entire enemy team, and we won. I think I was the 2nd highest damage on my team as well. It literally took a fresh ECM Loki sacrificing it's life charging through 3 teammates, and focusing literally only me for my urbie to die.

My complaint is this: Why can't I keep listening to my good instincts that give me matches like these? Also, why can't I get teammates that notice when they are under ECM, so they can turn around to shoot whoever is killing me?

#4550 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostAlienized, on 10 May 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

played my troll cataphract 3d with dual LBX10/4 med laser config
wanted to change it because... its lbx.
then i did 760 damage with it.
and lold.

This is actually a far decent loadout. Good critter build.

But very unforgiving for positioning.

#4551 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

View PostSarlic, on 10 May 2015 - 05:32 AM, said:

This is actually a far decent loadout. Good critter build.

But very unforgiving for positioning.

had to facetank a atlas.... with lrms, ac20 and pulse laser :D
i got out of lbx amo tho after fighting a DWF, a maddog, some small stuff etc.. lol.
i think i keep it that way. no other mech needs lbx 10 modules atm :D

#4552 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostAlienized, on 10 May 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

learning resistance :D

they didnt hear the Sound Of Truth as they died and you spoke :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

#4553 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

had a hilarious game today
so, one firestarter tried to cap a point but met our whole light lance, at that open taiga map (or it was canyon?), forgot its proper name, so he fled to the edge of the map, we chased him along the border... and then the firestarter, me and another teammate accidentally went out of the border and blew up -_- he died a good death
my team won but i didn't even get the conquest bonus, you lose it if you die out of borders for some reason

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 10 May 2015 - 06:03 AM.

#4554 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 10 May 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

so, one firestarter tried to cap a point but met our whole light lance, at that open taiga map (or it was canyon?), forgot its proper name, so he fled to the edge of the map, we chased him along the border... and then the firestarter, me and another teammate accidentally went out of the border and blew up -_- he died a good death
my team won but i didn't even get the conquest bonus, you lose it if you die out of borders for some reason

It's considered suicide. The same as disconnecting immediately after joining, and never reconnecting.

#4555 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:14 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 10 May 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

lol you are a true kitty :P

#4556 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 09 May 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

I am leveling the Adder and Mist Lynx so that doesn't help but I agree, something is off this weekend. Lots of new names and almost every match today has started with us getting a 1 or 2 kill lead. Then suddenly the team stops advancing and everything falls apart. I was playing in forest where people chatted more than they played about non gameplay stuff. Many matches have felt strange, I can find no better word for it. Something is not as usual but I can't put my finger on it.

I also want to whine about CW. I was in a drop where half were pugs like me against a premade. When we dropped the guys in our team that belonged to a unit gave up. They wanted to duel 1 vs 1 which lead to alot of confusion. I was confused, do we attack or not. The other team rolled us and the last player fought 1 vs 1. During the duel one of the pugs asked, what they were doing just standing there, he thought It was a bug and they couldn't see him.

Anyway I think it's poor form. Sure we would have been rolled anyway but if we had tried we might have walked away with a little more c-bills and XP. What kind of impression will a new player get of CW when vets throw the match so they can duel when they decide they can't win, not thinking about what their teammates want to get out of it?

This weekend is a bust, how is it even possible to do 18 damage (no it wasn't me) in a Timberwolf?

Ive seen people do 18 damage, total, in CW...in 2 timberwolves and 2 stormcrows...

#4557 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 10 May 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

Ive seen people do 18 damage, total, in CW...in 2 timberwolves and 2 stormcrows...

How I feel when that happens:
Spoiler

#4558 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

Games companies catering to the casuals.

I just got my third character to 80 today. Looked at her skills and realised she has 1 trait. I leveled by doing my personal story, crafting and WvWvW. This was the whole point of GW2-the FLEXIBILITY.
But apparently, it was confusing. Some players found having total freedom to level how you want to level and do exactly what you want in game to be too confusing, because as MWO has proven having to think for yourself is hard and unfair.
So ANET put in the "new payer experience" whereby many features are level locked, to get your traits now you have to do a whole host of silly things around the world to "earn "them. You either do these silly tasks or pay up a crapton of in game currency. The NPE is all about taking that choice away and funneling you through the game, one thing at a time so you don't get confused.
Result?
I'm not leveling any more characters on that game. It's INSANELY slow and annoying. All because some people can't/won't apply themselves. Sad thing is, I'm seeing this more and more. The Secret World recently has become much easier due to crying babies that found the missions too hard-a great example was the first one for the illuminati. You go to a laundrette where you have to listen to a guy speak for about 1 minute. You then have to remember what he says about cameras for max 30 seconds. the amount of peeps crying on general chat because they didn't know what to do.....cry cry cry then funcom changed it to suit them.
Spoiling it for everyone else.
Sound familiar? :ph34r:

Edited by kamiko kross, 10 May 2015 - 08:38 AM.

#4559 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 10 May 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

Posted Image

#4560 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

Ha, had a guy just a couple of minutes ago bragging about how i need to shut up. Very mature, like he was i think about 12 years old.

I tried to communicate with the team, i had to hear and understand a few times what he was saying. Saw him also a couple of times in other games raging to other teammplayers by telling how to shut up.

He didnt bother or try to communicate at all.

Spoiler

Why do some people have to b*tch about the simplest things. I am trying to help 'y know. Told him how to use the mute button if needed. End game score screen: he kept spuwing weird sentences.

Edited by Sarlic, 10 May 2015 - 09:18 AM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook