#4461 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 29 April 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

Grid Irons..I shoot the gauss and hope it crits and explodes before he kills me

How? There's no through-armor-criticals in this game, and you have to eat through, what, 70+ points of armor first.

So basically what happens is the Grid Iron just kills you.

View PostFatYak, on 30 April 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

:rolleyes:
If i were to use the same argument you used on me, the real issue here is you cant aim??? (can headhsot with LL's but cant hit that massive hunch??) We both know the issue of hitreg, HSR and the resultant weird damage application high pingers get (which was part of my reasoning for finding the GI a bit of a glass cannon) but we both know its is so much more complicated then that.
Or do we?

If I can't aim, how would I ever get headshots?

I can hit the massive hunch, but not with a full laser burn, and not with the Grid Iron pilot twisting and moving (he only has to face me for the barest of milliseconds for each shot, dude).

The only possible disadvantage the Grid Iron might have is against a particularly crafty double-gauss Jager who knows how to poke better than the Grid Iron pilot does. And that's still a mech that's 15 tons heavier than the Grid Iron, with an unmatched number of high-mounted ballistic hardpoints to be found anywhere in the game.

If you're in a Grid Iron and you're getting your torso blown off, I think you're either standing still way too often, aren't situationally aware, or you're so confident in your superquirks that you think you can just run up and superhero-mode your way through the enemy.

All of which are just taking away all the OP advantages of the Grid Iron by your lack of piloting skill.

Edited by Telmasa, 30 April 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#4462 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

i did the first team kill ever today, accidentally of course
guess with what weapon? which bloody streaks! grr

#4463 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 30 April 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

If you're in a Grid Iron and you're getting your torso blown off, I think you're either standing still way too often, aren't situationally aware, or you're so confident in your superquirks that you think you can just run up and superhero-mode your way through the enemy.

All of which are just taking away all the OP advantages of the Grid Iron by your lack of piloting skill.

You "say" you get headshot's, you could be making that up, maybe you should stop trying to brawl agile mech's in your 4ERLL warhawk? Maybe you should stop thinking that warhawk is super god mode where you can waddle into any fight and just outgun them? << look, there's a couple of more baseless assumption's, much like your assumptions about me

Look, i don't know what the hell I've done to offend you, but drop this "you suck as a pilot" nonsense

Still, what the hell is it with this line of argument though, i went back and tried to find the bit where i stated that i charge in head first, trying to brawl my way out of anything with my super quirked god-mode hero mech?

People can aim, people close in, people know the RT is large and gauss's explode and go for that weakness. I ran Gauss Shadowhawks for ages, the GI for me, is harder to protect that side when you get flanked counter snipe with their PPC's or their own gauss. If you can snipe and remain useen it can be devestating, if they locate you its a different story. . And if one is good enough you can still lay some pretty significant fire on top that right torso when they are twisting away. It's a great little mech, tougher than it was after the armor buff but its hardly god mode.

The issue isn't my inability as a pilot, the issue is your inability to deal with the mech.

Now, drop it troll

View PostCatra Lanis, on 30 April 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

One guy on our team keeps listing methods to kill and torture kids and animals with a little bit of racism thrown in for good measure. :angry:

Wow....

#4464 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:22 PM

View PostFatYak, on 30 April 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

Look, i don't know what the hell I've done to offend you, but drop this "you suck as a pilot" nonsense

That's all I can deduce, because you keep saying it's a glass cannon when all the evidence and statistics say otherwise! It gets an absurd amount of armor quirking, it's mobile, it can twist easily, it only needs to be on target/visible for mere milliseconds at a time - all of which says it's the exact opposite of a glass cannon!

The only way I can figure out anybody gets the impression of a glass cannon out of the Grid Iron is if they're sitting still, making themselves an easy target, or being overconfident/suicidal with the thing. Nothing else makes sense with that argument.

People can aim, people close in, people know the RT is large and gauss's explode and go for that weakness. I ran Gauss Shadowhawks for ages, the GI for me, is harder to protect that side when you get flanked counter snipe with their PPC's or their own gauss. If you can snipe and remain useen it can be devestating, if they locate you its a different story. . And if one is good enough you can still lay some pretty significant fire on top that right torso when they are twisting away. It's a great little mech, tougher than it was after the armor buff but its hardly god mode.

Bogus. Shadowhawk is taller & it's just as easy to hit that torso as the hunch on the Hunchie. "when you get flanked counter snipe" are things I already pointed out - lack of situational awareness, and the *ONE* disadvantage against dual-gauss Jagermech (and even then he has to hit your torso 3 times with both gauss rifles, dude).

"if they locate you it can be devastating" - well that applies to any damn mech in the game, how does that make the Grid Iron suddenly a glass cannon compared to anything else then? C'mon.

There's just no reason for it to have cooldown quirks like that, not unless you're going to give similar cooldowns to every other single-gauss-mountable mech in the game (which would also instantly destroy all the balance in the game, but who cares so long as you get to keep your OP toy, right?).

The issue isn't my inability as a pilot, the issue is your inability to deal with the mech.
Now, drop it troll

lol. Really? So as long as you're not having to play better & the mech is OP, everything is OK? Who's being the troll here?

There is absolutely no reason for it to have DPS that damn high. It literally outclasses every other mech in the game that uses a gauss rifle - even dual-gauss Jagers or King Crabs don't match the DPS, they can only beat it in a per-shot trade.

That is game-breaking.

It's crap like this that makes me want to remove weapon quirks altogether & restrict quirks purely to mobility/structure/armor/sensor/etc. buffing. There's no talking sense into someone who's enjoying their OP toy & suggesting that it's not okay to leave it that way.

#4465 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

FML...please.....leave it...its done...i don't want you to agree with me, just accept my and others opinion and/or experience are not the same as yours. You cant just invalidate anyone experience because it doesn't fit yours, that's not how life works. You're not bringing anything new and just re-iterating your aspersions about me which are false. My comments were not supposed to be about DPS, it was about how i don't find the grid iron difficult to kill, the other was that I, as in ME, not YOU, find the shadowhawk tougher, if that's not your experience then that's your experience. You cant just invalidate that because you don't agree with it

If a bad pilot like me can deal with the GI, as you keep saying i am, why cant you?

You are now just picking a fight for the sake of picking a fight.

Deal with it and move on

Edited by FatYak, 01 May 2015 - 12:50 AM.

#4466 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:37 AM

got an hilarious 10 kill streak with my zeus-9S yesterday on the last CW battle.
they spammed missiles at me, a fresh timberwolf with laservomit, alot of lights.

Zeus was still standing tall with over 1200 damage done.

overall i played alot of non meta mechs even against better units.
blackjack-1x and blackjack-3, enforcer 5p, cataphracts, highlanders and ofc my quickdraw.
im pretty sure all mechs that we have are very good usable in CW overall if you have a good Drop Commander and a well trained team.

#4467 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 30 April 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

How? There's no through-armor-criticals in this game, and you have to eat through, what, 70+ points of armor first.

So basically what happens is the Grid Iron just kills you.

If I can't aim, how would I ever get headshots?

I can hit the massive hunch, but not with a full laser burn, and not with the Grid Iron pilot twisting and moving (he only has to face me for the barest of milliseconds for each shot, dude).

The only possible disadvantage the Grid Iron might have is against a particularly crafty double-gauss Jager who knows how to poke better than the Grid Iron pilot does. And that's still a mech that's 15 tons heavier than the Grid Iron, with an unmatched number of high-mounted ballistic hardpoints to be found anywhere in the game.

Two alphas to the hunch and pop goes the Gauss ... And the hunch can be hit from any angle, so it's really not that hard to hit it with a full burn...

Now thunderbolts.... They have seemingly magical ct internal structure ....

#4468 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 01 May 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

Two alphas to the hunch and pop goes the Gauss ... And the hunch can be hit from any angle, so it's really not that hard to hit it with a full burn...

not only T-Bolts. fired 3 alphas of my raven into a orange center torso of a mad dog. nothing registered. it stood 20m of me not moving... i think, 100 damage should been enuff to kill it >_>

same with a warhawk, open side torso, the other side was gone already. 4 gauss shots + 5 salvos of my 3 med pulse lasers before it died. it stood 50m in front of me and my aim is not really bad.

it remembers me of something a mate said after we needed over 300 damage to the center of a dire wolf to kill it: we gonna see alot more of these 500% armor/struc hack users during the event.

looks like he was completely right with it.

#4469 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

View PostFatYak, on 30 April 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

FML...please.....leave it...its done...i don't want you to agree with me, just accept my and others opinion and/or experience are not the same as yours. You cant just invalidate anyone experience because it doesn't fit yours, that's not how life works. You're not bringing anything new and just re-iterating your aspersions about me which are false. My comments were not supposed to be about DPS, it was about how i don't find the grid iron difficult to kill, the other was that I, as in ME, not YOU, find the shadowhawk tougher, if that's not your experience then that's your experience. You cant just invalidate that because you don't agree with it

If a bad pilot like me can deal with the GI, as you keep saying i am, why cant you?

You are now just picking a fight for the sake of picking a fight.

Deal with it and move on

God you're stubborn.

Your opinion doesn't matter.

Facts matter.

He presented facts. Whether or not you "find" the Shadowhawk tougher than the GI, that's really... nothing.

How many replies ago was it that you said you're done, now?

#4470 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostBloodweaver, on 01 May 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

God you're stubborn.

Your opinion doesn't matter.

Facts matter.

He presented facts. Whether or not you "find" the Shadowhawk tougher than the GI, that's really... nothing.

How many replies ago was it that you said you're done, now?

I am stubborn, if you attack with with the argument of "you suck as a pilot" then i will not back off. Myopinion does matter, everyone's opinion matters, you clowns who attack anyone with an opinion other than yours with "you suck as a pilot' are s culpable as anyone in the stubborn department ( i don't mean you specifically bloodweaver)

The shadowhawk this is totally a matter of opinion as it also a matter of how you play the mech, some people find mech's better than others, i find the shadowhawk a bit tougher than the grid iron, or any XL hunchie in general - there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

This game is not made up of 'hard numbers' in isolation of everything else. Mech 'X' has 80 point of armor = tough is not how it always works out

This can end right now if Telmasa quits attacking me as a person

Edited by FatYak, 01 May 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#4471 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 01 May 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

I like the comment about the "cherry red syndrome" someone made earlier, though that's a pretty good description

#4472 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

Hit reg tonight... gar and bage. What I find even more interesting is it affects one team or the other. You either can do nothing wrong with your shots, or none seem to register.

#4473 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 01 May 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

What I find even more interesting is it affects one team or the other.

You know what, i had thought about this more than once, but i cant think of any reason why it would work out like that =/

Edited by FatYak, 01 May 2015 - 08:22 PM.

#4474 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:46 AM

Even though I love my locusts, I sold em all today. I'm about fed up with the pug games to be honest. In a locust, you NEED your team to actively engage or you can't insert yourself into the fight with a hope of surviving.
Played 12 games...won 2. Even the two wins were campy-hidey "I'm too scared to push" matches. On around 75% of the matches, I out damaged over half my team with one medium laser and one srm6. On one notable occasion I outscored NINE of my team.
Then the other 25% of the games I died in just ONE hit. It's just too fragile to play with the puggies.....now the urby on the other hand is a different breed...

The solo queue is rapidly driving me away from MWO.

#4475 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:59 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 02 May 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

Even though I love my locusts, I sold em all today. I'm about fed up with the pug games to be honest. In a locust, you NEED your team to actively engage or you can't insert yourself into the fight with a hope of surviving.
Played 12 games...won 2. Even the two wins were campy-hidey "I'm too scared to push" matches. On around 75% of the matches, I out damaged over half my team with one medium laser and one srm6. On one notable occasion I outscored NINE of my team.
Then the other 25% of the games I died in just ONE hit. It's just too fragile to play with the puggies.....now the urby on the other hand is a different breed...

noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

who is gonna distract the team so I can wreck them in my adder?????

#4476 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

theres no difference to the highlander =/ glad that im almost done with them and they can be quite alot of fun.
skilling 5 different mechs in 3 variants atm is seriously mindboggling tho in the solo queue....

#4477 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

View Postodiemoncrew, on 30 April 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

My daily whine is that solo queue is starting to look more & more like the worst of the special olympics each day

as some one who has family that is a special olympian please don't lump the brain dead in with them

#4478 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

Im trying to level up my arrow, i kinda know how you feel

#4479 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:58 PM

is it bad that I was so disillusioned with the quality of play in the pug queue tonight that I went into a CW match as a pug, hoping the quality of play would be better? (it wasn't)

#4480 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:36 AM

I've suddenly realized something after playing a better developed game for a while. I wonder if MWO is set to do 'stat clamping', artificially lowering the hit reg and functionality of one team over another if it feels that there is too great an imbalance.

It would explain a lot of stomps I've seen where one team suddenly has the magic touch and the other just sucks like a singularity. Team "normalizing" I wonder if that's a thing since I've now experienced it in another game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users