11606 replies to this topic

#4421 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

As the battle rages on Tukayidd I am saving my own war against the clutter and mess which has devoured my basement this winter :(. I would rather be getting stomped by clanners!

#4422 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 25 April 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

if you seriously say that an XL-Hunchback and Dragon is not fragile,i think we are not playing the same game.
one 50-60 point laservomit burp (at optimum range) to Dragons side torso,and it usually pops,or is in very bad shape.Same goes for the hunchback,but in the GI the gauss gets critted and explodes -> almost certain death even when running STD engine.

If you're sitting still long enough for a laser burn to hit nothing but your torso, you're doing something very wrong. Neither the Dragon or the Grid Iron require you to be sitting still, all the damage is pinpoint. Having to adjust your aim for each shot is far less work-intensive than having to hold your aiming point perfectly on the target for a long period of time.

#4423 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:24 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 26 April 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

If you're sitting still long enough for a laser burn to hit nothing but your torso, you're doing something very wrong. Neither the Dragon or the Grid Iron require you to be sitting still, all the damage is pinpoint. Having to adjust your aim for each shot is far less work-intensive than having to hold your aiming point perfectly on the target for a long period of time.

Assumes people cant aim at moving targets..........

#4424 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

just had 3 matches where my "team" was 4,3 and 6 nil and losing before i had seen an enemy mech.

Edited by FatYak, 27 April 2015 - 12:14 AM.

#4425 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:00 PM

currently reinstalling the game because the patcher kept closing on me and the run as administrator and repair tool fixes that worked before don't. damn you hotfix!

#4426 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 26 April 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

As the battle rages on Tukayidd I am saving my own war against the clutter and mess which has devoured my basement this winter :(. I would rather be getting stomped by clanners!

sorry but i never got stomped by them :D i just stomp them under my quickdraws feet :P

#4427 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostFatYak, on 26 April 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

Assumes people cant aim at moving targets..........

Not to the point that you can't spread damage across multiple sections. Clan mechs don't have any pinpoint weapons aside from Gauss Rifles, everything else (aside from LBX, which doesn't apply to this) requires getting the weapon to hit the section perfectly over multiple seconds in order to do any kind of real damage.

#4428 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

The only thing that I complain about is complaining of others.

#4429 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

View Postlunticasylum, on 27 April 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

The only thing that I complain about is complaining of others.

:lol:

#4430 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 27 April 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

Not to the point that you can't spread damage across multiple sections. Clan mechs don't have any pinpoint weapons aside from Gauss Rifles, everything else (aside from LBX, which doesn't apply to this) requires getting the weapon to hit the section perfectly over multiple seconds in order to do any kind of real damage.

Are you trying to say there is nobody who can hold their lasers on a torso for the burn time of their lasers?

Hell, the high latency players feel it all the time, half the burn time of lasers is gone before you even know your being shot

#4431 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostFatYak, on 27 April 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Are you trying to say there is nobody who can hold their lasers on a torso for the burn time of their lasers?

Hell, the high latency players feel it all the time, half the burn time of lasers is gone before you even know your being shot

If you're properly using your mobility and torso twist, which both the Dragon-1N and Grid Iron have plenty of? Then yes, nobody should be able to hold a full burn on 1 section of your mech.

I am one of those high latency players. If I still could pull that off using those mechs, then what's your excuse?

#4432 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:33 PM

View PostAlienized, on 26 April 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

sadly not. you give clear commands and the pugs still camp in the rear not moving or supporting.

all that they want to achieve is 80 points and give a **** about the rest.

that thing is sickening me.

thank pgi who set the fixed goal to achieve and this goal is neither win nor a set number of score points accumulated over multiple games

#4433 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 27 April 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

If you're properly using your mobility and torso twist, which both the Dragon-1N and Grid Iron have plenty of? Then yes, nobody should be able to hold a full burn on 1 section of your mech.

I am one of those high latency players. If I still could pull that off using those mechs, then what's your excuse?

Whats your point? Why should i need an excuse? You get surprised, torso twist after you being shot. you don't always see the enemy mech and react before he opens fire. Perhaps we don't all have your godlike situational awareness???

And using the 2 XL glass cannons as an example??
If they are not showing the weapon side hit the shield side, they still go pop, and you can hit the right side torso on the grid iron from virtually any angle as long as your not aiming center mass

With so much vomit out now, you don't have to land all your burn on a component, just most of it - that's IS and clan. The SRM grouping are tight enough to land a lot of damage on a single component if you strike quick (lost the gridiron to this a lot - especially from stormcrows) and you forgot PPC's

Edited by FatYak, 27 April 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#4434 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:29 AM

View PostFatYak, on 27 April 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

Whats your point? Why should i need an excuse? You get surprised, torso twist after you being shot. you don't always see the enemy mech and react before he opens fire. Perhaps we don't all have your godlike situational awareness???

And using the 2 XL glass cannons as an example??
If they are not showing the weapon side hit the shield side, they still go pop, and you can hit the right side torso on the grid iron from virtually any angle as long as your not aiming center mass

With so much vomit out now, you don't have to land all your burn on a component, just most of it - that's IS and clan. The SRM grouping are tight enough to land a lot of damage on a single component if you strike quick (lost the gridiron to this a lot - especially from stormcrows) and you forgot PPC's

Again, if you're getting torso cored you are standing still WAY too long. If you can't figure this out, I really don't think you know anything about torso twisting or mobility - or why pin-point damage offered by IS ACs is so much better than what Clans get.

There's nothing "glass-cannon-y" about either the Hunchback or Dragon, they both get plenty armor for their tonnage.

If you're close enough for SRMs to all hit 1 component you're way too damn close.

PPCs are ballistic weapons, they just have heat instead of ammo.

#4435 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 28 April 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

Again, if you're getting torso cored you are standing still WAY too long. If you can't figure this out, I really don't think you know anything about torso twisting or mobility - or why pin-point damage offered by IS ACs is so

<< snip>>
If you're close enough for SRMs to all hit 1 component you're way too damn close.

You know what i had a reply but i deleted it, I thought I just wont bloody well bother, we are doomed to go in circles with this pointless argument - You assume many things about me and what i do, based on assumptions and the use of a couple of throwaway lines that in reality have to cover every conceivable situation re: protecting your torso in order to fit your narrative of what my abilities are - congratulations on your achievement there

I wont be replying to you again

Have a great day

Edited by FatYak, 28 April 2015 - 05:14 AM.

#4436 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 27 April 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

thank pgi who set the fixed goal to achieve and this goal is neither win nor a set number of score points accumulated over multiple games

nah im not blaming PGI for something that could easily be different if the players would not be so damn selfish.

#4437 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

Yo, if you fail in a push in CW, I don't care how terrible it was: you do not start arguing and bitchin about your team.

Last night a bunch of pugs and I won on counterattack versus a 10 man from 228. Today this first match was an utter disaster - nobody even qualified on our team, and I qualified every other match I've played. Arguing on voice comms and talking smack is the least productive thing you can possibly do.

Not a whine so much as just disappointed.

EDIT: Ah, CW, you fickle beast. All is redeemed via stomping clanners on Grim Portico.

Edited by grendeldog, 28 April 2015 - 11:11 AM.

#4438 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostFatYak, on 28 April 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

You know what i had a reply but i deleted it, I thought I just wont bloody well bother, we are doomed to go in circles with this pointless argument - You assume many things about me and what i do, based on assumptions and the use of a couple of throwaway lines that in reality have to cover every conceivable situation re: protecting your torso in order to fit your narrative of what my abilities are - congratulations on your achievement there

I wont be replying to you again

Have a great day

lol

go look at the structure and armor buffs that both these mechs get, dude, educate yourself

Between those buffs and player ability there's no excuse for either mech to be getting alpha-cored in one go, ever. That's WHY all the IS teams are abusing the piss out of both mechs.

#4439 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:04 PM

What's up Daily Whine!

It's been a bit...but Rip's back and ready to yammer on about things he is terrible at in an entertaining fashion that highlights his personal lowlights!

#crowdgoeswild

;)

#4440 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 28 April 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

What's up Daily Whine!

It's been a bit...but Rip's back and ready to yammer on about things he is terrible at in an entertaining fashion that highlights his personal lowlights!

#crowdgoeswild

;)

*Cheers loudly*

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users