The Daily Whine

11606 replies to this topic

#4381 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:30 PM

Laser hitreg, goddam laser hitreg

In a grasshopeer, it has 5MLAS and 2LL, there's a timby int he water on crimson, im backing up and he's close enough to hit me with his SRM's. I chain fire the 5 MLAS into him twice (so 10 hits) as well as the LL's, he starts charging me, drops another SRM volley into me, i chain fire again, use a cool shot and then alpha the lot into him (almost face grinding by this stage), cool shot again and alpha him again overheat and shut down, then he and a PPC wielding Awesome gank me and i die

Guy takes 25MLAS hits and 6LL hits, nearly all to the CT and he barely turned yellow.

Finished the match with 260 damage and a kill, bearing in mind that there's a bunch of damage into the hunchback i killed before the timby got me

those numbers make no bloody sense at all

Edited by Verapamil, 22 April 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#4382 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostVerapamil, on 22 April 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

After finding out the zeuss is a remarkable mech (bit hit and miss on the version with 3 missile points in the right arm - i had to LRM that thing...i feel dirty for it too) and having a blast in it, i decided to try the ugly as sin grasshopper. All was exceptionally awesome until i got to the champion variant.

My whine, 6 low energy hardpoints on a 70 ton mech is kinda lame, i cannot make this thing work

The Zoos is 80 tons. But if you mean the Grasshopper, the key is to not fall sucker to MLs and MPLs and not fill every hardpoint. Oh, biggest XL and max JJs too. Trust me, it never was a brawler.

View PostVerapamil, on 22 April 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

In a grasshopeer, it has 5MLAS and 2LL, there's a timby int he water on crimson, im backing up and he's close enough to hit me with his SRM's. I chain fire the 5 MLAS into him twice (so 10 hits) as well as the LL's, he starts charging me, drops another SRM volley into me, i chain fire again, use a cool shot and then alpha the lot into him (almost face grinding by this stage), cool shot again and alpha him again overheat and shut down, then he and a PPC wielding Awesome gank me and i die

Guy takes 25MLAS hits and 6LL hits, nearly all to the CT and he barely turned yellow.

Finished the match with 260 damage and a kill, bearing in mind that there's a bunch of damage into the hunchback i killed before the timby got me

that's hit reg failure. Nothing more nothing less. Part of why I'm not playing much.

Edited by Kjudoon, 23 April 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#4383 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:48 AM

View PostVerapamil, on 22 April 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

After finding out the zeuss is a remarkable mech (bit hit and miss on the version with 3 missile points in the right arm - i had to LRM that thing...i feel dirty for it too) and having a blast in it, i decided to try the ugly as sin grasshopper. All was exceptionally awesome until i got to the champion variant.

My whine, 6 low energy hardpoints on a 70 ton mech is kinda lame, i cannot make this thing work

On the grass hopper try SPLs with 2 erll big xl engine and max JJs. The 5n can boat 6 SPL don't brawl. Slash and harass use your speed and jjs to move in then out. Play like a giant light. Simaler to how you would run a jester.

#4384 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:24 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 23 April 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

The Zoos is 80 tons. But if you mean the Grasshopper, the key is to not fall sucker to MLs and MPLs and not fill every hardpoint. Oh, biggest XL and max JJs too. Trust me, it never was a brawler.

that's hit reg failure. Nothing more nothing less. Part of why I'm not playing much.

The same mech alpha'd a shut down atlas in the back twice a few matches later, no dice.

#4385 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 22 April 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

So, River City Night. I am last man standing at which point I retreat to the base hoping that the turrets will kill at least one of the last three enemies. At this point I am banged up so one more hit and I am done for. One player does not like this and start berating me for not going to my doom and finally he reports my position. They probably know it, at least to some extent but it is still team treason.

Posted Image
Posted Image

i hope you apologized for him dying so quickly (going off the damage) that he was forced to stay for the remaining 12 minutes or so of the match, there being no way for him to escape your dastardly clutches forcing him to stay in the match the entire time.

#4386 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 22 April 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

So, River City Night. I am last man standing at which point I retreat to the base hoping that the turrets will kill at least one of the last three enemies. At this point I am banged up so one more hit and I am done for. One player does not like this and start berating me for not going to my doom and finally he reports my position. They probably know it, at least to some extent but it is still team treason.

Posted Image
Posted Image

heh..

So is the naughty founder going to be taking part in the due processes of moderation, or is the fact that he will know its him when he see this, and hopefully feel shame, if its human

#4387 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

Did 50 damage in a match not too long ago. Like the lowest ever.

Had to work with morons. Apologies for my language. But that's it. They just left a Assault alone eaten alive by lights.

Shouted out why i had to work with morons.

No comms was used. No chat or anything where they were. I notified them of movement.

I was really frustated the amount of poor teamwork i saw there. I believe Lily was also on the same team like me, i feel bad for him to work with them. Elo hell? Who know's but they obviously dont know how to support the Assault.

I usally dont get mad fast, but this got my blood boiling.

Edited by Sarlic, 24 April 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#4388 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostSarlic, on 24 April 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

Did 50 damage in a match not too long ago. Like the lowest ever.

Had to work with morons. Apologies for my language. But that's it. They just left a Assault alone eaten alive by lights.

Shouted out why i had to work with morons.

No comms was used. No chat or anything where they were. I notified them of movement.

I was really frustated the amount of poor teamwork i saw there. I believe Lily was also on the same team like me, i feel bad for him to work with them. Elo hell? Who know's but they obviously dont know how to support the Assault.

I usally dont get mad fast, but this got my blood boiling.

XD I was there its so weird, 2 opponent mechs appear at a ridge, and the entire team flees off that corner, leaving the poor atlas behind. But hitreg was poop, the raven behind you on the hill ate 3x 6CERML and didn't gave a single F about -.-
Dunno why people run away, especially when they have an atlas at the same corner, thats the best cover and tank you can get.

Its weird on weekend even if the game has elo matchup people have strange behavior. 2 games earlier a similar thing on Caustic. a single Direwolf appears 600m away at a corner, and 5 mechs of our team decide to turn around and run away instead of shooting it to crap if everyone would have just alphad at it.

Weekendwarrior gets a really frustrating experience lately.

#4389 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

had a dire wolf in the enemy team earlier that took 7 full alphas to the center from a thunderbolt-5ss without dying.
it took me another 3 or 4 alphas from my little cicada to kill him PLUS alot more shots from other team members.
obvious hacks are obvious and no one cares about it.

#4390 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

Playing CW event...

Only 2 games went 'normal', all the others were one-sided super-man quirk affairs, Stalker 4Ns/Grid Irons/Dragon-1Ns/Thunderbolts as far as the eye can see.

I'm honestly at a loss as to how attackers have any wins at all, unless there's just far more pug teams on IS than on the Clan side that I'm not being thrown up against.

I watched one lone Dragon-1N take on a Nova, Dire Wolf, and Timberwolf - the Nova died in about 5 seconds despite twisting like a maniac; the Dire Wolf poured damage all over the Dragon, yet crumpled like paper when the 1N switched to him; and the Timberwolf managed to take off one of the legs, then died a few moments later...all in the space of what, 20-25 seconds?

Oh, yeah guys, Dragon-1N totally needs to be this OP, no question, fair and balanced game for everybody!

SMH.

(And if it's not that, it's the guys who take 2 Stalker4Ns/Thunderbolt/Firestarter in that order...and usually don't even have to take the second stalker by the end of the match.)

Only *one* of these teams showed any kind of tactics or group coordination, and *they* were 'handicapping' themselves by not tossing consumables everywhere like everyone seems to enjoy doing.

And now, the server connection is having major hiccups, dunno if it's just me or what. At least it's nice to know it's a huge event...?

#4391 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 18 March 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

In before lrms blah blah this and that.

I accidentally sold one of my LRM10 packs today,stupid me :angry:

Better that, than having accidentally sold a ThunderBolt... *sigh*

#4392 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

Busy weekend ...no mechwarrior :( I am afraid my poor Urbies will get lonely without me :(

#4393 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 24 April 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

Playing CW event...

Only 2 games went 'normal', all the others were one-sided super-man quirk affairs, Stalker 4Ns/Grid Irons/Dragon-1Ns/Thunderbolts as far as the eye can see.

I'm honestly at a loss as to how attackers have any wins at all, unless there's just far more pug teams on IS than on the Clan side that I'm not being thrown up against.

I watched one lone Dragon-1N take on a Nova, Dire Wolf, and Timberwolf - the Nova died in about 5 seconds despite twisting like a maniac; the Dire Wolf poured damage all over the Dragon, yet crumpled like paper when the 1N switched to him; and the Timberwolf managed to take off one of the legs, then died a few moments later...all in the space of what, 20-25 seconds?

Oh, yeah guys, Dragon-1N totally needs to be this OP, no question, fair and balanced game for everybody!

SMH.

(And if it's not that, it's the guys who take 2 Stalker4Ns/Thunderbolt/Firestarter in that order...and usually don't even have to take the second stalker by the end of the match.)

Only *one* of these teams showed any kind of tactics or group coordination, and *they* were 'handicapping' themselves by not tossing consumables everywhere like everyone seems to enjoy doing.

And now, the server connection is having major hiccups, dunno if it's just me or what. At least it's nice to know it's a huge event...?

tell your teammates to shoot the side torsos instead of the legs

try the 1N yourself and you will realize how fragile it is.

#4394 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:22 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 24 April 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

XD I was there its so weird, 2 opponent mechs appear at a ridge, and the entire team flees off that corner, leaving the poor atlas behind. But hitreg was poop, the raven behind you on the hill ate 3x 6CERML and didn't gave a single F about -.-
Dunno why people run away, especially when they have an atlas at the same corner, thats the best cover and tank you can get.

Its weird on weekend even if the game has elo matchup people have strange behavior. 2 games earlier a similar thing on Caustic. a single Direwolf appears 600m away at a corner, and 5 mechs of our team decide to turn around and run away instead of shooting it to crap if everyone would have just alphad at it.

Weekendwarrior gets a really frustrating experience lately.

Yeah. Again apologies for my language, i normally do not get 'mad' (frustated) and shout it out in the chat. Mostly calm, but this was just beyond annoying like 'What were they thinking?'

Ffs, i can handle one light but can't handle three of these laser bugs in a K. ;)

Not that it matters but the follow up match knew what they were doing and i broke the 800 damage with one kill and 10 assists. Exactly what a supportive Atlas is ment for!

Edited by Sarlic, 24 April 2015 - 10:24 PM.

#4395 condor1X1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

CW sucks, period...nothing more to say bout that.

#4396 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostFatYak, on 22 April 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

Welcome to Kamworld, where no mechs must be harmed...the amount of 1v1 fights I've lost due to hitreg are countless.

View PostTelmasa, on 24 April 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

Playing CW event...

SMH.

But dem clanz are op yo.

Or at least that's what the crying babies are saying. Far, far from it in reality.What makes them cack is effective damage, or lack thereof.

#4397 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:17 AM

We are getting ready to leave town for the day and my 3 year old son is laying on the ground sobbing: "but we won't have time to play Battletech!"

I know how you feel buddy :(

#4398 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:48 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 25 April 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

Welcome to Kamworld, where no mechs must be harmed...the amount of 1v1 fights I've lost due to hitreg are countless.

If i could take from my stats every death caused by losing a fight over hitreg, especially those times when you move in for a kill on a wounded mech and get killed because of hitreg failure, and every death from the client crashing, i could chop 2-400 off my stats i reckon

#4399 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 24 April 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

tell your teammates to shoot the side torsos instead of the legs

try the 1N yourself and you will realize how fragile it is.

Its kinda like people freaking out about the grid iron. damn thing is a glass cannon...someone sneezes at you, the gauss explodes and takes you down with it

#4400 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostFatYak, on 25 April 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

Its kinda like people freaking out about the grid iron. damn thing is a glass cannon...someone sneezes at you, the gauss explodes and takes you down with it

i personally like my grid iron with 2 ac5:s and 3 ml:s,its xl too,but is not as fragile as the gauss one.
gauss iron is strictly for cw and long range maps imo.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users