11606 replies to this topic

#4401 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostFatYak, on 25 April 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

Its kinda like people freaking out about the grid iron. damn thing is a glass cannon...someone sneezes at you, the gauss explodes and takes you down with it

That huch got that good quirks that it actually has more hitpoints than CT, far from glass cannon..

#4402 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostFatYak, on 25 April 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

Its kinda like people freaking out about the grid iron. damn thing is a glass cannon...someone sneezes at you, the gauss explodes and takes you down with it

View PostCurccu, on 25 April 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

That huch got that good quirks that it actually has more hitpoints than CT, far from glass cannon..

So much this. A lone grid iron fought my Warhawk - that's a 35 ton difference, if you can't do the math - and was able to out-DPS and out-tank my 4ERLL. You try 'torso twisting' in a Warhawk while having to hold your beams on-target for over a full second to do any damage, dude.

Another game, 5 MPL Stormcrow vs Grid Iron...I alpha'd his left torso at least 5, 6 times - he wasn't even cored. (Albeit I wasn't able to get a full burn off on all the alphas).

The claims of "fragility" on the Grid Iron always were complete fabrications, now it's just facing the light for all to see.

View PostCookiemonter669, on 24 April 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

tell your teammates to shoot the side torsos instead of the legs

try the 1N yourself and you will realize how fragile it is.

I have tried the 1N. It's the only mech I sold for being too easy to use. Fragile? It gets CT strength quirks up the wazzoo, it's got teensy-tiny side torsos, so it can mount huge XL engines without any problems, which means it can be extremely mobile and easy to twist & maneuver with - AND it gets absolutely insane quirks that give it so much DPS that you can out-alpha any mech in the game with a measly pair of AC-5s.

YOU need to go try out the 1N yourself. If you can't break 500 damage even on the most terrible loss, it's you, not the mech.

#4403 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 25 April 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

We are getting ready to leave town for the day and my 3 year old son is laying on the ground sobbing: "but we won't have time to play Battletech!"

I know how you feel buddy :(

Your son is jiminy cricket??? Your MWO conscience? Awesome! ;)

#4404 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 25 April 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

The claims of "fragility" on the Grid Iron always were complete fabrications, now it's just facing the light for all to see.

I have tried the 1N. It's the only mech I sold for being too easy to use. Fragile? It gets CT strength quirks up the wazzoo, it's got teensy-tiny side torsos, so it can mount huge XL engines without any problems, which means it can be extremely mobile and easy to twist & maneuver with - AND it gets absolutely insane quirks that give it so much DPS that you can out-alpha any mech in the game with a measly pair of AC-5s.

YOU need to go try out the 1N yourself. If you can't break 500 damage even on the most terrible loss, it's you, not the mech.

if you seriously say that an XL-Hunchback and Dragon is not fragile,i think we are not playing the same game.
one 50-60 point laservomit burp (at optimum range) to Dragons side torso,and it usually pops,or is in very bad shape.Same goes for the hunchback,but in the GI the gauss gets critted and explodes -> almost certain death even when running STD engine.

#4405 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

So how many times is it acceptable to be sent to the back of the line because someone else apparently left the line?

#4406 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostBilbo, on 25 April 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

So how many times is it acceptable to be sent to the back of the line because someone else apparently left the line?

as many times as it takes, or so it seems :( :(

#4407 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

View PostCurccu, on 25 April 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

The average alpha can almost one shot that torso clean off.

And that hunch is still not that tough enough IMO, it might have more hitpoints than the CT, and it should, its bigger than the bloody CT and you can shoot it from any angle

You should try piloting one, its not hard to kill or be killed in

I got hit by an SRM crow yesterday, met him on a blind corner and i had full armor, hits my hunch, i backa round the corner then blow up a second or so later. There are few mechs on the field that could not take a gridiron out in 1 or 2 alphas

View PostTelmasa, on 25 April 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

So much this. A lone grid iron fought my Warhawk - that's a 35 ton difference, if you can't do the math - and was able to out-DPS and out-tank my 4ERLL. You try 'torso twisting' in a Warhawk while having to hold your beams on-target for over a full second to do any damage, dude.

Another game, 5 MPL Stormcrow vs Grid Iron...I alpha'd his left torso at least 5, 6 times - he wasn't even cored. (Albeit I wasn't able to get a full burn off on all the alphas).

I can do math, not really sure what your jibe has to do with this conversation, but whatever floats your boat

You got rattled by an agile medium while piloting a while, that's not a gridiron thing, that's an outmaneuvered thing. A number of mech's would still cut you a new one in that situation. And its the combination of big hunch + gauss that makes it fragile, chuck and AC20 in and it gets a lot tougher

I think you can blame hitreg for the stormcrow example

I think your just bitter a medium took your warhawk down cause you got caught alone.

Edited by FatYak, 25 April 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#4408 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:25 PM

View Postloopala, on 25 April 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

as many times as it takes, or so it seems :( :(

It does appear so...

#4409 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

I am sick to death of getting rolled in the PUG queue because people can't take a bit of incoming fire. Or they camp Alcatraz on River City. Or they camp their own effing spawn point on Frozen City.

I just had a match on Canyon Network where the entire assault lance - a crab, a dire wolf, and a timber - refused to move because of some lasers coming in. They wouldn't move, so naturally the effing mediums wouldn't move either. The lights refused to scout, so the enemy scouts - an ERLL raven and a stock Stormcrow prime - boxed the whole damn team in a canyon not three hundred meters from our spawn point while a quad gauss dire and the rest of the enemy team got in position.

I'm in my AC/20 / 3 ERLL / 1 LL / 1 ML (to force the third ERLL into the highest mount) Misery, and I'm up on the upper level of the canyon wall. Every time I move to trade, I get hammered by gauss and AC/5 rounds from that dire and an urbanmech.

In any sane engagement the other assaults would have pushed while the mediums harassed the flanks of the enemy, and the heavies would have followed the assaults, laying down suppressive fire. Instead I get CT cored by quad gauss because the team sucks hard long reproductive organs and quakes in terror at the initial pokes of a few clan ML.

So sick of it. I'm trying to finish out my elite efficiencies on the Misery for CW, but it's taking forever because three of every four teams is full of trial mechs and timid assaults / heavies.

This game is so much fun when people work together, but pugging is necessary to grind C-bills and XP. I'm just sick of losing because people sit in one place, refuse to push, refuse to expend armor, refuse to do anything even remotely useful, and most of all refuse to play as a team!

Edit because I cannot spell in a blind rage.

Edited by grendeldog, 25 April 2015 - 08:48 PM.

#4410 LightningStorm

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • Locationİstanbul, Türkiye

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:33 AM

I was in FRR and then I've found myself in clan ghost bear all of a sudden... wanted to change it back again so i had to break my contract for 1.150.000 cbills. Now it says "Your contract has less then 3 days remaining and cannot be broken" and I immediately regretted the decision. So i lost 1.150.000 cbills for nothing and i have to play through this event with 2 trial mechs and 2 mechs with no good equipment.

#4411 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:41 AM

View Postgrendeldog, on 25 April 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

I am sick to death of getting rolled in the PUG queue because people can't take a bit of incoming fire. Or they camp Alcatraz on River City. Or they camp their own effing spawn point on Frozen City.

I just had a match on Canyon Network where the entire assault lance - a crab, a dire wolf, and a timber - refused to move because of some lasers coming in. They wouldn't move, so naturally the effing mediums wouldn't move either. The lights refused to scout, so the enemy scouts - an ERLL raven and a stock Stormcrow prime - boxed the whole damn team in a canyon not three hundred meters from our spawn point while a quad gauss dire and the rest of the enemy team got in position.

I'm in my AC/20 / 3 ERLL / 1 LL / 1 ML (to force the third ERLL into the highest mount) Misery, and I'm up on the upper level of the canyon wall. Every time I move to trade, I get hammered by gauss and AC/5 rounds from that dire and an urbanmech.

In any sane engagement the other assaults would have pushed while the mediums harassed the flanks of the enemy, and the heavies would have followed the assaults, laying down suppressive fire. Instead I get CT cored by quad gauss because the team sucks hard long reproductive organs and quakes in terror at the initial pokes of a few clan ML.

So sick of it. I'm trying to finish out my elite efficiencies on the Misery for CW, but it's taking forever because three of every four teams is full of trial mechs and timid assaults / heavies.

This game is so much fun when people work together, but pugging is necessary to grind C-bills and XP. I'm just sick of losing because people sit in one place, refuse to push, refuse to expend armor, refuse to do anything even remotely useful, and most of all refuse to play as a team!

Edit because I cannot spell in a blind rage.

Welcome to solowarrioronline, welcome to team solomatch.
Gaze around the forums and read the plaintive cries of the "poor" victim pugs....yet as you see they cause their own problems.

#4412 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:37 AM

PUGS in cw.... as timid as in solo queue >_>

#4413 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostAlienized, on 26 April 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

PUGS in cw.... as timid as in solo queue >_>

nah,its usually otherwise,i think its the respawn possibility that gives some balls even to the most scared lrm-boater there is.

i had awesome matches in 100 % pug teams in the last event,everyone was really aggressive and played very well,focused fire like no tomorrow and even called targets now and then.

but not being too positive,what the hell is up with that annoying nascaring in tourmaline? have people again watched one comp match were that tactic won the game or what?

#4414 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:15 AM

sadly not. you give clear commands and the pugs still camp in the rear not moving or supporting.

all that they want to achieve is 80 points and give a **** about the rest.

that thing is sickening me.

#4415 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 26 April 2015 - 02:41 AM, said:

Welcome to solowarrioronline, welcome to team solomatch.
Gaze around the forums and read the plaintive cries of the "poor" victim pugs....yet as you see they cause their own problems.

Yeah. I guess the thing is that I started with mediums, then went heavies and now assaults (and one light, FS9). So I'm used to being able to at least do... something. But if anything an assault is even more team-dependent than a medium, because it can't move quickly enough to get to cover without suppressive fire - and no matter what you carry on your assaults you do still need other players shooting too.

I've had good luck with giving orders as long as I add 'please' on the end of it, and directed a few pug teams to victory that way - but I shouldn't have to, as I guarantee there were other players who have been at this longer than three months in those games - and thus should have better odds of being a good leader and better than I.

#4416 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

mouse crapped out on me...

had to go get a new one... thats time I spent NOT fighting on Tukayyid :(

#4417 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostAlienized, on 26 April 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

sadly not. you give clear commands and the pugs still camp in the rear not moving or supporting.

all that they want to achieve is 80 points and give a **** about the rest.

that thing is sickening me.

That has happened to me too, they didn't even try to win. I'm going to ask an embarrrasing question. In such cases that people actually try to win, why go for Omega first?

If I understand correctly the counterattacking team has to take out Omega AND finish with the most kills. During the rush we have lost so many mechs and not done enough damage to the enemy so even if Omega goes down we are at a disadvantage. Why not whittle them down and wait for a better opportunity to take out Omega?

We tried it, I took command and we won by a slim margin, not saying it's the best strategy but it looks like a kamikaze rush on Omega isn't the only viable strategy.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 26 April 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#4418 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 26 April 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

That has happened to me too, they didn't even try to win. I'm going to ask an embarrrasing question. In such cases that people actually try to win, why go for Omega first?

If I understand correctly the counterattacking team has to take out Omega AND finish with the most kills. During the rush we have lost so many mechs and not done enough damage to the enemy so even if Omega goes down we are at a disadvantage. Why not whittle them down and wait for a better opportunity to take out Omega?

We tried it, I took command and we won by a slim margin, not saying it's the best strategy but it looks like a kamikaze rush on Omega isn't the only viable strategy.

ye you have to take out omega but WHY are you focusing it when the enemy has alot more kills and to many mechs around the zone? another stupid PUG thing. zergrush aint working anymore when its counter attack yet ppl think its over with kiling omega.

you can take out omega as last thing easily or when you have more mechs on the field or left to respawn but PUG dont even think that far.
sometimes its like beein in a slapstick event.

#4419 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 26 April 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

mouse crapped out on me...

had to go get a new one... thats time I spent NOT fighting on Tukayyid :(

Did you smashed one into pieces? Ssshhhh you can tell me ;)

#4420 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostSarlic, on 26 April 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Did you smashed one into pieces? Ssshhhh you can tell me ;)

um.....maybe

lol

crushed in the side buttons....

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook