245 replies to this topic

#21 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:43 PM

Well, if you know anything about Battletech history, both these mechs belonged to the Bounty Hunter...Just bought my preorder. Thanks PGI!!

#22 Angrius Windstorm

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:44 PM

TAKE MAH MONEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:45 PM

Looks good to me. The throwback to MW2 is really awesome.

#24 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:49 PM

View Postminist3r, on 14 May 2021 - 04:29 PM, said:

Why is there .5 tons of SSRM ammo in the DWF? It doesn't have SSRMs. Otherwise I'm super excited about this.

The DWF-C originally has a one shot streak-SRM4 in the head. One shot launchers (these are not the same as rocket launchers) don't exist in MWO, so they probably just filled the tonnage with something. Or they meant to do that, a ssrm4(OS) should weight a bit more than 0.5t.

#25 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:52 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 14 May 2021 - 03:50 PM, said:

It's all there in the specs below. The art will come.

Hey Mark,

Not sure if anyone else has pointed it out yet, but y'all are missing an SSRM4 in the Head in the specs on the store page.

Great pack! Day 1 for me. Keep it up!

Edit: I see it's been fixed now. Nice!

Edited by Vlad Ward, 14 May 2021 - 04:55 PM.

#26 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:07 PM

On an unrelated note, would there be any chance of splitting booster packs (current and/or future ones) so you can only pick one of the mechs if you don't want the other? Yeah I know that I can do that for C-Bills eventually but that's gonna be a while and doesn't come with any swag.

#27 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:19 PM

Will there be a Crusader Pack? If so, then I'm throwing my hat in the ring for these variants:

WarHawk and Mad Dog D variants. Please make these happen!

Edited by Hawk819, 14 May 2021 - 05:20 PM.

#28 -HATCHET-

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:40 PM

So EGM Dire Wolf will be the Monster MWO №-01 ))

#29 Swagna

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:42 PM

View PostHawk819, on 14 May 2021 - 05:19 PM, said:

Will there be a Crusader Pack? If so, then I'm throwing my hat in the ring for these variants:

Crusader Pack with the Summoner that Nicolai Malthus piloted. Cockpit would be located on the top center instead of the right side of the mech and a YOU DARE REFUSE MY BATCHALL?! warhorn.

#30 G2SC

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:44 PM

2 nice ECM mech? Yes plox

#31 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:48 PM

I just wanna say, whoever had the idea to base the aesthetics of the pack around MW2's holo computers needs a raise. Better two raises.

#32 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:10 PM

I gotta say. I don't play MWO much these days. Haven't in like a year. But I keep up with it (still have yet to try it out since the weapon rebalances), and this mech pack looks pretty cool. Too bad they won't be delivered until July. I'd love a Direwolf with ECM. Pretty tempting.

Edited by Renzor the Red, 14 May 2021 - 06:11 PM.

#33 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:14 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 14 May 2021 - 05:48 PM, said:

I just wanna say, whoever had the idea to base the aesthetics of the pack around MW2's holo computers needs a raise. Better two raises.

It's both a throwback to MW2, as well as the 90s BattleTech cartoon's Enhanced Imaging. I agree it was a great idea, and 100% of the credit goes to the extremely talented Mark Nicholson.

#34 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:40 PM

View PostSawk, on 14 May 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

WOW some one remembers NETMECH, ok i ran a mech like that, but LRM 15s and no MGs or small laser, but sadly in Mech Online---- your better off with the large lasers and 3 med lasers and your skill in jump jetting, on the timber.
and then hunting lights, providing you have a high speed computer and are a good shoot, if only we could use a joystick, in this game---- the 3 weapon system would rock, but sadly its does not work

Sawk

I use an EVGA X5 mouse specifically because it's ambidextrous. It gives me five useable weapon groups, and a 6th one if I really stretch my pinky. It helps me keep track of which side of my 'mech my weapons are on, too.

I'd do some research into better mice, though, if you're going to make the investment: the mouse wheel on these mice is worse than Achilles' heel. They've got major scrolling problems (which might be tied to graphics card drivers, somehow? I dunno), and the wheel-click function dies quickly. If it weren't for that, the rest of the mouse is rock solid. I just wish they could fix the wheel crap (they can't see it on their test rigs, so they think I'm just crazy).

View PostLexandro Wolf, on 14 May 2021 - 04:17 PM, said:

Another Timber Wolf...why???

ECM

View Postminist3r, on 14 May 2021 - 04:29 PM, said:

Why is there .5 tons of SSRM ammo in the DWF? It doesn't have SSRMs. Otherwise I'm super excited about this.

I haven't looked at PGI's build for this, yet, but the TT version has a one-shot SSRM4 launcher in the head. The rules for One-Shot are to add 0.5 tons to the launcher's base weight, and then you don't have to equip ammo, but it works like a rocket launcher in that case. The record-sheets version of the DWF-C doesn't have ANY free critical slots, so I don't know where they're putting the 0.5 tons of ammo. (I'm guessing they're swapping a heat sink for 0.5 tons of streak ammo and an extra ton of ATM ammo, bringing total ATM ammo up to 3 tons for 12 tubes).

EDIT: First, I finished reading the post and saw this was already answered. Whoops. Second, I guessed right. If you add up the energy heat output (from TT), you'll see it's exactly balanced by 23 heat sinks, which is what the TT build came with. Since heat's a little more fluid in MWO, I figured that was probably their easiest swap.

View PostLance McRaven, on 14 May 2021 - 04:43 PM, said:

Well, if you know anything about Battletech history, both these mechs belonged to the Bounty Hunter...Just bought my preorder. Thanks PGI!!

I knew about the TBR, but the DWF-C was a Bounty Hunter build? It's in the record sheets as just another Dire Wolf...

Edited by C337Skymaster, 14 May 2021 - 06:47 PM.

#35 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:43 PM

View PostHawk819, on 14 May 2021 - 05:19 PM, said:

So currently the MDD-D can be built on the Revnant (if you're going in with hard currency, after all...) but I agree with the WHK-D.

#36 uwuziel

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:47 PM

View Postchaosshade2638, on 14 May 2021 - 03:45 PM, said:

Checked out the variants on Sarna, ECM for a Timby is going to be extremely popular.

Dire Wolf is inconsistent to the Sarna loadout

Just build it yourself? .-.

#37 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:49 PM

Finally, there's at long last a camo pattern for all my ENHANCED IMAGING needs. I love it! I'm not sure I want to admit just how many mechs I'd put that camo on if I could.

#38 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:49 PM

Nice throwback to Mechwarrior 2 with those green outlines. Would absolutely buy a pack if they made a skin in the same theme for the Rifleman IIC.

#39 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:58 PM

View Postuwuziel, on 14 May 2021 - 06:47 PM, said:

Just build it yourself? .-.

Missing equipment: we don't have one-shot missile launchers in MWO, and it's a waste of time for them to add them since NOBODY would use them. So they're doing a bit of jury-rigging to make the build work by swapping a heat sink for a ton of ATM ammo and a half-ton of Streak ammo.

#40 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:11 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 14 May 2021 - 03:50 PM, said:

View PostDaeron Katz, on 14 May 2021 - 06:14 PM, said:

So I know paywalls and P2W is a touchy subject, but wouldn't the Bounty Hunter have made more sense as a hero 'mech? Just curious...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users