Warden Booster Pack

245 replies to this topic

#41 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:12 PM

That was exactly what I was hoping for. Well done PGI. Sold!

#42 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:38 PM

if the dire gets just a fraction of it's speed back this dire will be aewsome....A Timby with ECM? this is a clanners dream and the ECM isn't in the arm like the mist lynx or the Kit fox.... would have prefered it in the CT but side torso is better than in the arms...

View PostC337Skymaster, on 14 May 2021 - 06:58 PM, said:

Missing equipment: we don't have one-shot missile launchers in MWO, and it's a waste of time for them to add them since NOBODY would use them. So they're doing a bit of jury-rigging to make the build work by swapping a heat sink for a ton of ATM ammo and a half-ton of Streak ammo.
rocket launchers exist.

View PostDaeron Katz, on 14 May 2021 - 06:14 PM, said:

It's both a throwback to MW2, as well as the 90s BattleTech cartoon's Enhanced Imaging. I agree it was a great idea, and 100% of the credit goes to the extremely talented Mark Nicholson.
oh yes the battletech cartoon enhanced imaging i remember that probably one of the first cartoons to use CGI

#43 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:47 PM

Make a note :

Anyone buying this,.. DONT SELL the standard variant after purchase, PGI will have event for them.

Edit: too bad ECM on right-torso, cant make symmetric laser-build with jump-jets

Edited by Krucilatoz, 14 May 2021 - 07:50 PM.

#44 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:48 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 14 May 2021 - 07:38 PM, said:

rocket launchers exist.

Rocket launchers are extremely lightweight (0.5 tons, 1 ton, or 1.5 tons). A one-shot launcher is literally any existing missile launcher, weighing an extra half-ton, but not consuming any extra critical slots, and possessing only one shot at its normal damage/specs. (Rocket launcher damage was doubled by PGI to match the doubled armor values and the fact that they couldn't double ammo like with every other weapon).

You could, in theory, have a one-shot IS LRM20. It'd weigh 10.5 tons and use 5 slots, instead of an ammo-based LRM 20 weighing 10 tons and using 5 slots. You need extra slots for the ammo, but even 0.5 tons of ammo gives you more than a single shot...

Edited by C337Skymaster, 14 May 2021 - 07:50 PM.

#45 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:55 PM

Rocket Launchers also IS tech and would they introduce mix tech for that?

#46 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:59 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 14 May 2021 - 07:11 PM, said:

So I know paywalls and P2W is a touchy subject, but wouldn't the Bounty Hunter have made more sense as a hero 'mech? Just curious...

We're not really doing the Hero 'Mech business model (with new packs) at this time, and if we decide to start that back up there are plenty still to choose from. We decided to go with the Bounty Hunter variant because it was just a great Timber Wolf variant and we wanted this to be a great pack.

#47 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:27 PM

1. Daeron, I must ask this, but will the Elemental Bolt-on be colorable to where we can add 3 colors to it like previous bolt-ons?

In a way kind of like an Elemental being painted like this, but to just a lesser extent.
Posted Image
Posted Image

2. Can we get an IS Standard Battle Armor Bolt-On in the future?

Edited by Will9761, 15 May 2021 - 11:53 AM.

#48 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:32 PM

Are we going to be able to put a full Point of 5 Elementals on our 'Mechs as bolt-ons or only the three shown in the pictures?

View PostSwagna, on 14 May 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

Crusader Pack with the Summoner that Nicolai Malthus piloted. Cockpit would be located on the top center instead of the right side of the mech and a YOU DARE REFUSE MY BATCHALL?! warhorn.

They already released Nicolai Malthus's Summoner-M. But the warhorn would be cool. Or maybe one that says, "Feel the wrath of the Falcon's Claw."

#49 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:19 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 14 May 2021 - 07:11 PM, said:

So I know paywalls and P2W is a touchy subject, but wouldn't the Bounty Hunter have made more sense as a hero 'mech? Just curious...
what's the diffrence?

#50 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:50 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 14 May 2021 - 03:45 PM, said:

hmm… kinda underwhelming.
The bolt-ons in the Stryker Pack were really nice because they added something to the mechs look itself. I can't really get excited about the little guys all over my mech. I'd never use these bolt-ons.
The camo could be interesting in a different color scheme I guess, but it can't hold a candle to the Grand Dragon's pattern.

Pass for me (unless the DW gets some major updates to mobility and the camo is actually a sort of glow in the dark effect. that would be rad.)

I love those Elementals. They really add immersion because they really fit to the OmniMech.

They are much better than those Angelic Wings, Wrecked Cars and about 90% of that stupid Add-on stuff.

View Postx Deathstrike x, on 14 May 2021 - 03:58 PM, said:

While I REALLY appreciate the Timber slots which is even useable with So8 both feel sliiiightly P2W if you ask me.

Well, maybe very slightly. But:
1) ECM is not the Jesus box it used to be years ago.
2 ) People can buy ECM Hellbringer for C-Bills, ECM Night Gyr for C-Bills, ECM Sun Spider for C-Bills (and many other Clan and Inner Sphere ECM 'Mechs).
3) Some people say that Timber Wolf is not that great.

View PostLexandro Wolf, on 14 May 2021 - 04:17 PM, said:

Another Timber Wolf...why???

Some people like Timber Wolf, like here: Timber Wolf And You

For PGI it makes sense from the business point of view to offer them one more opportunity to spend their cash.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 May 2021 - 04:18 PM, said:

Sweet, picked it up.

I thought the Elementals were kind of a cool touch. Also liked the nod to the old MW2 style.

Yeah, that camo really reminds me MechWarrior 2.

View PostNightbird, on 14 May 2021 - 04:32 PM, said:

I'll wait for the set of 8 quirks on the timber. If good will get the pack, if not will pass. The ECM torso will come out eventually anyways. The dire wolf ECM CT is nice but the mech itself is highly situational.

But to get that MechWarrior-2-style livery, one must pay, right?

View PostLance McRaven, on 14 May 2021 - 04:43 PM, said:

Well, if you know anything about Battletech history, both these mechs belonged to the Bounty Hunter...Just bought my preorder. Thanks PGI!!

No, the Daishi has been a quite common configuration among the Clans since mid-3050s.

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 14 May 2021 - 08:32 PM, said:

Are we going to be able to put a full Point of 5 Elementals on our 'Mechs as bolt-ons or only the three shown in the pictures?

I hope all five Elementals.

#51 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:01 PM

View PostWill9761, on 14 May 2021 - 08:27 PM, said:

1. Daeron, I must ask this, but will the Elemental Bolt-on be colorable to where we can add three 3 colors to it like previous bolt-ons?

In a way kind of like an Elemental being painted like this, but to just a lesser extent.
Posted Image
Posted Image

2. Can we get an IS Standard Battle Armor Bolt-On in the future?

I'm going to let Mark comment on the painting of the Elementals, as I'm not sure what he's decided on that. I just know that it has been discussed.

In regards to Elementals and Battle Armor Bolt-ons for other 'Mechs in the future, we've also discussed that and it is indeed a possibility.

#52 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:06 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 14 May 2021 - 10:01 PM, said:

I'm going to let Mark comment on the painting of the Elementals, as I'm not sure what he's decided on that. I just know that it has been discussed.

In regards to Elementals and Battle Armor Bolt-ons for other 'Mechs in the future, we've also discussed that and it is indeed a possibility.

May I ask if the addon will include three or five Elementals per 'Mech?

#53 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the answers Daeron.

#54 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:10 PM

View Postchaosshade2638, on 14 May 2021 - 03:45 PM, said:

Checked out the variants on Sarna, ECM for a Timby is going to be extremely popular.

Dire Wolf is inconsistent to the Sarna loadout though (probably as a result of fixed equipment in the mech that functions as a nerf). From what I see in the model, it has two PPCs and three laser mounts. Sarna build is two ATM 6's, four med pulse, two PPCs, ECM, jump jets (probably four), and an SSRM4 launcher along with ECM. Are we going to get some changes to the Dire Whale to address this or not?

Don't base it on the visual. Those are concepts.

#55 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:23 PM

I hope that the Warhorn will play these:

Our favorite:
"Enemy 'Mech destroyed."

Turret kill during Incursion:
"Enemy turret destroyed."

At the end of the game:
"All primary objectives complete." or "Mission successful."

MFB kill during the Domination:
"Enemy target of opportunity identified."

MFB kill during the Domination:
"Enemy target destroyed."

At the end of the Domination mode:
"Area secure."

#56 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:23 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 14 May 2021 - 03:50 PM, said:

It's all there in the specs below. The art will come.

Spec for the TBR-BH may need to be adjusted. 375XL engine has 10 engine double heat sinks and 5 double heat sinks mounted for a total of 15. Spec shows a total of 15 double heat sinks. Then there is the double heat sink in the left torso, which would make the total 16.

#57 Kaukas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:33 PM

hi,nice work pgi - when i will see anihilator with 8 balistic points? and when we see new map - good luck and nice to see mwo getting some love from pgi again

#58 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:35 PM

Jump jets in the DWF-C will not be permanently affixed to the omnipod?

#59 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:45 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 14 May 2021 - 10:35 PM, said:

considering all jump jets are probably i do miss when they were pod mounted instead of fixed

#60 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 May 2021 - 11:03 PM

One Couldron member did ask for user-removable Jump Jets from OmniPods.
His name is DATA.

I support user-removable Jump Jets from OmniPods!

View PostLionheart2012, on 14 May 2021 - 10:35 PM, said:

View PostKursedVixen, on 14 May 2021 - 10:45 PM, said:

considering all jump jets are probably i do miss when they were pod mounted instead of fixed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users