• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 May 2021 - 09:08 PM

View PostAlex Morgaine, on 16 May 2021 - 09:04 PM, said:

Ok. I think 7 pages is enough for a bad joke.tickets to bird planet please.

Is it bad that I don't know how to pronounce it, and just call it Krakatoa?

#122 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 10:07 PM

This thread suffered a critical misjump. Enjoy the bird-people.

#123 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 May 2021 - 02:12 AM

This has to be a joke post, it just has to be. I'm asian myself and if there is one thing I can't stand it's the SJW woke BS destroying franchise after franchise in pop culture, be it games, movies, books or comics. The fat whales with blue hair and noserings backed by the soy brigade hoping to get laid is like locusts and I don't mean that one. J.U.S.T M.A.K.E I.T S.T.O.P:

#124 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:41 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 16 May 2021 - 07:50 PM, said:

Dude let's talk come see me when you can or I you.
I even agreed with you on a point.
And if I offended you in any way then I humble apologize.

Sir, you don't need to apologize for being a good dude.

Edited by HammerMaster, 17 May 2021 - 04:46 PM.

#125 Queen V

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 May 2021 - 04:21 PM

View PostFelbombling, on 16 May 2021 - 02:02 PM, said:

I think the OP has a valid point. I mean, if it wasn't intended originally to be offensive, but is now considered offense due to the adoption of the name by a bunch of racist jerks, I don't have a problem changing the Mech name.

I think we could still keep things mythical in nature, too, to keep in mind the original intent of the name. Something that would fit in with Japanese lore, like the mythical creature of dragons did. It didn't really exist, if not for tall tales.

If the combination of words is the problem, then let's just change the name of the Mech itself, as I like the idea of the word 'Grand'. It conveys the largest or most important item of its kind, according to the dictionary. Given that the Grand Dragon, in the novels, was a one-off design armed with a PPC instead of an AC/5, I think we should stick with Grand. The leader of the whole Draconis Combine piloted it.

So, with the above considerations in place, I propose we rename the Mech the Grand Wizard.

hahahahahahaah high five sir !

#126 Queen V

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 May 2021 - 04:28 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 16 May 2021 - 03:52 PM, said:

All Clan mechs must exit the Inner Sphere now!Posted Image
Dangit on a side note I guess my Crusader is out of the question now.
Posted Image

WHOA WHOA WHOA , that is way TOO WHITE... Boy you better slap some colour on that thing...

#127 Queen V

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 May 2021 - 04:47 PM

View PostJugger Grimrod, on 16 May 2021 - 07:36 PM, said:

Thank you for admitting that the problem lies with your perceptions, not the merits of the argument. Names of mechs? Who cares? That's not my concern. My concern is why the OP felt the need to handle this complaint in this particular way. Why not through a direct message to our esteemed Community Manager? Or to Russ? Or Paul? Why to all of us? Why? What's the point, exactly? Forming a new club for sensitive mechwarriors? Why the call for a spotlight on the victimhood? Why the cry for attention?

This isn't about a name.

It's about someone feeling offended and wanting other people to acknowledge that feeling.

Ok. Fine. Acknowledged.

Don't care that you are offended.

Have a nice day.

THANK YOU !!!! HIGH FIVE

#128 Anubis Ka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:58 PM

Grand Dragon name comes from House Kurita which is base and influenced in Japanese culture.
Dragons in Japan as in most Asian and South East Asian cultures represent power creatures that are wise, control nature and are inmortal.

I got a news flash for you. The world does not revolve around the USA, maybe instead of wasting time choosing to be offended out of ignorance you show go outside and read books.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users