What Over Quirked Mech Do You Miss Most?

29 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 10:09 AM

We all know that there have been some really sick quirked mechs over the years.. So the question is simple, what over quirked mech do you miss most?

Mine has to be the 5ML Cicada (forget which variant it was) But wow was that a fun mech. sure the (S) when it came out with JJ's was fun, and the 3M was a blast at one time, But boy was that 5MPL build fantastic. Racking up 700-800 damage in that mech was a real possibility every match.

Out of all the meta's that came from over quirks, that one i think was my favorite. (though that Dragon with Dual UAC5's was a close second)

What would you like to see make a come back in the new QUIRKENING?

I would love to see an over quirked spider 5K. +JJ QUICK with Dual MPL's of doom!! Bring back the flying spiders!

#2 x Deathstrike x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 10:19 AM

Dragon 1N
Thunderbolt 5SS
Stalker 4N

Dragon 1N I found really fair despite its high DPS sine you could disarm it easily.

And the TDR-5SS well... it was totally cool to play and you could go up 1vs1 with the overpowered Timber and come out victorious.

Stalker 4N => Large Laser Lamers

#3 Heavenward

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 11:00 AM

I miss the huge cool down reduction on SRMs on the Raven Huggin that little bird was like a Missile Mini-gun back in the day.

#4 Crohnic

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 11:06 AM

The Hunchback 4H with the AC10 cooldown quirk (20% plus a 10% ballistics cooldown iirc), it was by far my best performing medium and a lot of fun. But that was also in a different era of weapons balance. It was also the first mech I owned right after the open beta went live, so I'm very fond of it and can only hope that one day after all of the changes are implemented it will be worth piloting again.

#5 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 16 May 2021 - 11:48 AM

lct-1v(p) had a huge lpl quirk for cool down which you could shoot it twice in the normal span of an lpl. Made the mech fun unless you went ac 2 trolling with it.

#6 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 16 May 2021 - 11:55 AM

Locust 3S used to have a -50% missile cooldown. It used to be hilarious to put 2 chain fired streak 2s on and and just have a stream of homing missiles

Edited by Alstren, 16 May 2021 - 11:56 AM.

#7 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:02 PM

The Thunderwub was great.

#8 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:03 PM

I miss the mobility quirked Summoner.

#9 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:04 PM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 16 May 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

I miss the mobility quirked Summoner.

The SMN still has good mobility today, it's just part of the base stats rather than being listed in the quirks list.

#10 Capt Deadpool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:07 PM

The old Raven 4X with high laser duration reduction <3 <3

My old handle, 2 LPL's, zero strikes used:

Posted Image

#11 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 May 2021 - 05:48 PM

Huginn doesnt give as many hugs as it used too.

#12 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:02 PM

Spider 5K. May 2017 (skill tree intro) lost 30% energy cool down ( it used to be 50%) and 15% energy duration (it used to be 25%); now it is just pathetic. The Annansi lost its agility too; it went from having 55% accel and decel to no bonus at all. How often do you se an Annansi, let alone doing well, let alone carrying? The Jenners (minus the Oxide) were similarly hit.

Give the BJ-1 back its 10% AC2 cooldown and its 20% AC2 heat gen quirks (not to mention its 30% ballistic velocity).

Give the Griffin 2 N back its 35% torso twist bonus. That thing has been a pig for far too long now and been superseded by everything from Dervishes to the Invictus, to say nothing of the Assassin.

Jack up the Dragon and non hero Quickdraws' agility bonuses to pre skill tree levels. Return the IV-4's 30% ballistic cool down and 25% ballistic velocity quirks so we might be encouraged to use the gorilla arms and not just all run MRMs.

The K2 would not be OP if you gave it back its 20% ballistic range and velocity quirks.

There's so many more that I would restore but those are the ones that poped into my booze addled head atm.

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:06 PM

Really there’s only one choice. This was a thing for a single glorious day. Thanks Beef!

https://youtu.be/7mNWybex0u4

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 16 May 2021 - 07:07 PM.

#14 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:45 PM

View PostFupDup, on 16 May 2021 - 12:04 PM, said:

The SMN still has good mobility today, it's just part of the base stats rather than being listed in the quirks list.

Huh, you are right. It must have been a perceived nerfing, because when they took the quirks away I felt like my Summoner was not as nimble as before. I will have to check that out next time I log on and see what it is like with this different mindset.

#15 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:22 PM

Locust 1E:
+25% Energy Range
-25% Laser Duration
-25% Heat Gen

#16 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 11:24 PM

I miss the old CN9-D with its LBX quirks. It still has them, but it's not as insane as you could make it back in the day. You could out-DPS a UAC easily. I needed 4 tons of ammo just to not run out in an average QP match. So much fun.

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 16 May 2021 - 07:45 PM, said:

Huh, you are right. It must have been a perceived nerfing, because when they took the quirks away I felt like my Summoner was not as nimble as before. I will have to check that out next time I log on and see what it is like with this different mindset.

You're probably remembering the higher base speed it had. I think it got like 5 extra kph or something around that as a quirk.

#17 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 17 May 2021 - 03:03 AM

Pre Skill Tree KGC's, I hate my favorite mech now. Still looks cool, just can't compete like it used to because it's firepower can't defend it's hit box's as it did in the golden age of MWO.

As a bonus I'd like to see a RAC2's x6 perk viable KGC. low mounts, big CT, very little heat sinks, it's heat management would keep it in check most likely? might be able to get a 3-4 second burst out of it. It takes 26-27 heatsinks to run 4 simultaneously, so I was just thinking what about 6 without ghost heat.
You know, just in case someone gets to play around with the chassis perks. Old ultra fives are dead.

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 17 May 2021 - 03:14 AM.

#18 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:30 AM

Hunchback Grid Iron. Got an unnecessary nerf of it’s Gauss Cooldown quirk which made it unique, and definitely nowhere near overpowered.

#19 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:57 AM

Oh the great age of quirkening, those were fun times... really not even many of those super quirked monsters were OP actually IMO, maybe that thunderbolt 9S and 5SS were but others had so great weaknesses like dragon 1N that they were not OP.

but yeah maybe Dragon 1N that was fun, for some reason I still got 4 of them.

#20 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:09 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 17 May 2021 - 05:30 AM, said:

Hunchback Grid Iron. Got an unnecessary nerf of it’s Gauss Cooldown quirk which made it unique, and definitely nowhere near overpowered.

Yeah, I bought the GridIron because of that crazy cooldown. Having a single gauss that fired pretty fast made it competitive. Now, not so much. I don't think I've played it since.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users