#21 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:03 PM

View PostNightbird, on 17 May 2021 - 07:56 PM, said:

Well, the patch notes don't reflect the document so it didn't get the buff Posted Image still 10% slower than the Vulcan

OH, I thought you meant the other way around.. as in it was higher than the document.

Bummer...

#22 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:15 PM

Posted Image

Good patch.

#23 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:20 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 17 May 2021 - 07:53 PM, said:

I like the way these weapon changes are being handled; incremental scaling and modifying mechanics without adversely effecting pre-existing builds. The LGR changes had me most worried, but reducing the Range to 810 seems reasonable (was seriously worried about LGR getting its crappy HSL back).

Neither the Rifleman or the Blackjack got Armor buffs for the arms? That seems a little odd. Well, at least the KDK-3 finally has some useable agility, which might actually get mine out of cold storage and out on the field more often.

Either way, not as impactful of a patch as I'd hoped for/feared. Well done.
Maybe next patch but yeah all riflemen could use armor buffs for their arms since that's where they carry most of the guns...

#24 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:22 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 17 May 2021 - 08:20 PM, said:

Maybe next patch but yeah all riflemen could use armor buffs for their arms since that's where they carry most of the guns...

Riflemen could use a lot of things.

#25 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:26 PM

Looks like a great patch I cant wait. I have been dusting off old unused mech just because of this patch. Also the map look amazing.

#26 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:06 PM

As for the streaks ... I will cite part of my message that I left yesterday in the discussion of the previous patch (I think that neither the Cauldron nor the PGI reads that topic anymore):

3) I played about 30 battles on the 8xssrm-4 Huntsman. The first fights were downright terrible. I still couldn't figure out if the streaks got better or worse. On the one hand, the accelerated reloading was pleasing to me, on the other hand, following the results of the battles, I noticed that the damage that I caused was less than it was before.
To understand why I got the impression that the streaks were getting worse, I decided to do a little math. No emotion, just mathematics and objectivity.
Calculation logic:
a ) Bring the amount of damage of old and new streaks to a single value through the number of salvos;
b ) Look at the cooldown time required to inflict this damage;
c ) Calculate the amount of heat generated for the previously calculated damage.
It should be noted that I calculated these indicators purely mathematically, without taking into account some indicators, such as:
1) Thermal capacity of the mech;
2) Ghost heat.
So what do the calculations show?
The damage dealt coincided on 192 points. To do this damage, it was earlier necessary to make 3 alpha strikes. After the changes were made, it became necessary to make 4 alpha strikes to inflict 192 points of damage. At the same time, it takes 9 seconds to inflict 192 points of damage (earlier and now). According to this parameter, the coincidence is complete, and one gets the impression that everything is fine. But I also calculated the third parameter - the heat generated. Previously, when dealing 192 points of damage, the SSRM-4x8 would generate 288 points of heat. After the introduction of the patch, when applying 192 points of damage, the SSRM-4x8 will generate 307.2 points of heat. Thus, the new SSRM-4x8 with 192 damage points became hotter by 6.67%. Yes, the streaks have gotten hotter.
Now, from objectivity to emotion. Earlier, playing on the SSRM-4x8 Huntsman, I tried to attack large targets first of all, I could afford to engage in a battle with a much heavier opponent and emerge victorious from it. I almost always ignored light 'Mechs, unless their pilots were stupid enough to leave oneself wide open.
Now, taking into account all of the above and my personal impressions after the battles on the indicated mech, I most likely will not dare to get involved in a battle with a heavier opponent. This means that I will start hunting for light mechs. Remind me, were the lightsdrivers whining about streak damage must be cut? Now I will be forced have to pay attention to the lights first. You have achieved the opposite effect (for me at least). Congratulations.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 17 May 2021 - 09:07 PM.

#27 Dithmenos

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:07 PM

tbh I still don't understand why you wanted to change one of the most played maps. people loved it the way it was. changing it is asking for negative backlash basically.

perhaps concentrate instead on maps players are avoiding so far?

#28 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:08 PM

The changes are looking good. It's nice to see Firestarters actually getting agility on par with most other lights . . . shame they don't have viable Flamers to actually fulfill their purpose. Speaking of which . . .

Sadly, I was really hoping to see Flamer changes in this patch after the good conversations had with Krasnopesky, but they aren't there. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the Cauldron folks . . . PGI are the ones putting out the patches. Regardless, that is my hard requirement to open my wallet to support MWO . . . I've waited almost an entire decade for that weapon to be fixed.

In the mean time, there's always next month. On the other hand, MW5 hits soon, it has the Flamers I want to see (and should have been in MWO ages ago) in it, and I can always wait for that to go into a deep sale . . . which conveniently gives the modders time to update/change things with the new modding tools PGI will also be releasing at the time.

I've had patience for nearly a decade now, what's a few more months?

#29 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:10 PM

View PostDithmenos, on 17 May 2021 - 09:07 PM, said:

tbh I still don't understand why you wanted to change one of the most played maps. people loved it the way it was. changing it is asking for negative backlash basically.

perhaps concentrate instead on maps players are avoiding so far?

Being the most played doesn't mean it isn't flawed. Its one of the main maps generating the constant complaints about Nascar. These changes are aimed to reducing nascaring.

#30 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,756 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:12 PM

Liking the armor buffs for the jenner IIc. Now those arms won't fall off at the slightest touch.

Also the max damage potential for snubs goes up to 14 with the splash if you hit the ct since the arms and legs gets splashed so now triple snubs can do 42 damage instead of 30. Welp.. Guess we will see how this pans out. Posted Image

#31 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:13 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 17 May 2021 - 09:06 PM, said:

As for the streaks ... I will cite part of my message that I left yesterday in the discussion of the previous patch (I think that neither the Cauldron nor the PGI reads that topic anymore):

3) I played about 30 battles on the 8xssrm-4 Huntsman. The first fights were downright terrible. I still couldn't figure out if the streaks got better or worse. On the one hand, the accelerated reloading was pleasing to me, on the other hand, following the results of the battles, I noticed that the damage that I caused was less than it was before.
To understand why I got the impression that the streaks were getting worse, I decided to do a little math. No emotion, just mathematics and objectivity.
Calculation logic:
a ) Bring the amount of damage of old and new streaks to a single value through the number of salvos;
b ) Look at the cooldown time required to inflict this damage;
c ) Calculate the amount of heat generated for the previously calculated damage.
It should be noted that I calculated these indicators purely mathematically, without taking into account some indicators, such as:
1) Thermal capacity of the mech;
2) Ghost heat.
So what do the calculations show?
The damage dealt coincided on 192 points. To do this damage, it was earlier necessary to make 3 alpha strikes. After the changes were made, it became necessary to make 4 alpha strikes to inflict 192 points of damage. At the same time, it takes 9 seconds to inflict 192 points of damage (earlier and now). According to this parameter, the coincidence is complete, and one gets the impression that everything is fine. But I also calculated the third parameter - the heat generated. Previously, when dealing 192 points of damage, the SSRM-4x8 would generate 288 points of heat. After the introduction of the patch, when applying 192 points of damage, the SSRM-4x8 will generate 307.2 points of heat. Thus, the new SSRM-4x8 with 192 damage points became hotter by 6.67%. Yes, the streaks have gotten hotter.
Now, from objectivity to emotion. Earlier, playing on the SSRM-4x8 Huntsman, I tried to attack large targets first of all, I could afford to engage in a battle with a much heavier opponent and emerge victorious from it. I almost always ignored light 'Mechs, unless their pilots were stupid enough to leave oneself wide open.
Now, taking into account all of the above and my personal impressions after the battles on the indicated mech, I most likely will not dare to get involved in a battle with a heavier opponent. This means that I will start hunting for light mechs. Remind me, were the lightsdrivers whining about streak damage must be cut? Now I will be forced have to pay attention to the lights first. You have achieved the opposite effect (for me at least). Congratulations.
I've lost all hope in ever using streaks, i haven't used them since i rebuilt my arctic wolf so guess i'll never use them now.. Srms are more viable to me since streaks require locks more tonnage and usually an active probe.

#32 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the increased maneuverability of the 'Mechs.
Now I can start pumping the recently received TBR-C (C) :)
I will look at the new Canyons with interest. It is somehow unusual in the pictures to see the Canyon Network without breasts in the center.

Let me ask you when the spawning points on all maps will be corrected (I remind you that the spawning points have not yet been corrected even on the Tourmaline)?
The second question is no less interesting. Is it possible to make a matchmaker in this game? Well, this is a thing that picks up the opposing teams according to the given parameters (tonnage, number of mechs of a particular weight class, players level, etc.).
And it is also very interesting when (if) the group and solo queues will be separated?

#33 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:31 PM

View PostNightbird, on 17 May 2021 - 07:24 PM, said:

Nice!

edit. I noticed the Firestarter numbers seems off from the document which was moved to be a tiny bit better than the Vulcan, intended or typo?

The plan is for the Firestarters to be updated again in June.
The revision we did was after the May lock-in date.

#34 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:36 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 17 May 2021 - 09:31 PM, said:

The plan is for the Firestarters to be updated again in June.
The revision we did was after the May lock-in date.

Thanks for the clarification!

View PostMeep Meep, on 17 May 2021 - 09:12 PM, said:

Liking the armor buffs for the jenner IIc. Now those arms won't fall off at the slightest touch.

Also the max damage potential for snubs goes up to 14 with the splash if you hit the ct since the arms and legs gets splashed so now triple snubs can do 42 damage instead of 30. Welp.. Guess we will see how this pans out. Posted Image

No it's 33 damage, each snub does 8 + up to 3 damage splash total (1.5 to adj components). TTK will go up by around 25%.

Edited by Nightbird, 17 May 2021 - 09:38 PM.

#35 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:37 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 17 May 2021 - 09:12 PM, said:

CT will transfer 1.5dmg to each side torso. So 11 total. ST shots transfer to ct and adjacent arm. Limbs transfer to adjacent ST. Head transfers to CT.

Edited by dario03, 17 May 2021 - 09:38 PM.

#36 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:05 PM

Return of the Jenner

-

I was already rediscovering how fun it is.

Now it just needs them jump jets to boost it higher than two inches.

#37 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,756 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:05 PM

Ok so its not really splashing to all connected bits as per the weapon info blurb because the legs and head are also connected to the ct. Thats fine but there needs to be more transparent info on the finer points of the game.

#38 NotSoDeadpool15

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:11 PM

I think the Kodiak excluding the 3 could benefit from being at least on par with the atlas in mobility, since it doesn't have the armor quirks the atlas has. Them having the same mobility would be appropriate to me, but I am willing to wait and see how it performs first.

Edited by NotSoDeadpool15, 17 May 2021 - 10:12 PM.

#39 NotSoDeadpool15

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:16 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 17 May 2021 - 10:05 PM, said:

Ok so its not really splashing to all connected bits as per the weapon info blurb because the legs and head are also connected to the ct. Thats fine but there needs to be more transparent info on the finer points of the game.

I'm pretty sure legs are adjacent to their respective side torso not the ct as if you over damage a mechs legs it starts to damage the side torsos first

#40 Johnny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:26 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 May 2021 - 07:16 PM, said:

[color="#eeeeee"]Light Gauss Rifle (IS):[/color]
  • [color="#eeeeee"]Optimal range decreased to 810 (from 880)[/color]
  • [color="#eeeeee"]Max range decreased to 2050 (from 2200)[/color]
[color=#EEEEEE]Notes: Following its removal from the heat scale system, and receiving an increase in range and damage, light gauss rifles have seen significant use either alone or along with other weapons with similar long-range properties. After evaluating its performance against other long to extreme range competitors, it was concluded that increased damage and removal of heat penalties have been the main reasons behind making this weapon a viable option. In this patch a slight adjustment has been made to the Light Gauss range profile to make it equal to the standard Gauss rifle.[/color]

Unbelievable... Posted Image

The range... yeah, the range was the problem.... Way to ignore the actual issues Cauldron! Never mind the cooldown, damage, Ammo... and of course the real problem: the godawful overpowered and broken possibilities of PPC/LGR pairing. As for giving the LGR the same range as the GR? if nothing else it proves just how empty the claim that the aim of changes to the LGR was to:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 April 2021 - 07:05 PM, said:

differentiate it from standard Gauss.

Hmmm exactly the same but lame... what a difference... You guys are Hilarious.

Obviously the metabois agenda trumps everything, so glad we could sacrifice the LGR's actual unique niche on the battlefield that some of us peons enjoyed just so you guys can have your little pet PPC/LGR comp-monsters up in FP and Tier I.

Edited by Johnny Slam, 17 May 2021 - 10:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users