334 replies to this topic

#61 Cyberrior

• Pip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:37 AM

Well...
Night Gyr has a lower Mobility than an Atlas after all ! Timber Wolf as well !
Not speaken about the Kodiak 3 ... the Only Mech that could compede against Cyclops,Fafnir,Mauler,Atlas...
Clan Streak`s are still unplayable... the only answer against Assasin rushes in Faction play.
I dont think you guys play Faction Play ! or do u ? Ahh you play for IS side than never mind...
Make MWO fun again ? it seems like make IS Mechs even better than before. But jeah you dudes loves your IS Mechs. Or standing at 900 meters an snipe all the time rather than play Brawls.
Truly Metaboys update !
Except for the Canyon update this is great !

Edited by Cyberrior, 18 May 2021 - 01:42 AM.

#62 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:54 AM

View PostAlreech, on 18 May 2021 - 01:34 AM, said:

NASCAR is a working tactic in a game there:[list]
So changing the maps to prevent NASCAR don't work.

Wrong. On a map like crimson, nascar is non existant.

#63 supernovazella

• Pip
  • Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:13 AM

nice my hunchbacks are gonna be used i think, and looking forward to the map rework. and other things keep it up guys at mwo and others who help

#64 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:14 AM

So is the Jump Jet 'enhanced mobility' tweak coming in June 2021, when all mechs have mobility tweaks (aka Mobility Pass 2)?

#65 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:15 AM

View PostCyberrior, on 18 May 2021 - 01:37 AM, said:

Well...
Night Gyr has a lower Mobility than an Atlas after all ! Timber Wolf as well !

Night Gyr (Prime,A,B,C,H,JK):
  • Acceleration increased to 17.72 KHP/s (from 10.8)
  • Deceleration increased to 25.66 KPH/s (from 16.67)
  • Turn Rate increased to 40.1 DEG/s (from 34.95)
  • Torso Speed increased to 90 DEG/s (from 63)
  • Pitch Angle increased to 25 DEG (from 15)
  • Yaw Angle increased to 90 DEG (from 70)
Timber Wolf (All variants):
  • Acceleration increased to 29.26 KPH/s (from 17.72)
  • Deceleration increased to 31.66 KPH/s (from 19.67)
  • Turn Rate increased to 60.16 DEG/s (from 42.4)
  • Torso Speed increased to 99 DEG/s (from 68)
  • Pitch Angle increased to 25 DEG (from 20)
  • Yaw Angle increased to 95 DEG (from 80)
Atlas (D,D-DC,RS,S,KR,K):
  • Acceleration increased to 20.03 KPH/s (from 13.11)
  • Deceleration increased to 21.5 KPH/s (from 13.25)
  • Turn Rate increased to 55 DEG/s (from 42.4)
  • Torso Speed increased to 108 DEG/s (from 76.5)
  • Pitch Angle increased to 25 DEG (from 16)
  • Yaw Angle increased to 110 DEG (from 90)
Read again and do kindergarden level numbers comparation.

Not speaken about the Kodiak 3 ... the Only Mech that could compede against Cyclops,Fafnir,Mauler,Atlas...

No it doesn't even in slightest and was trash even since it was nerfed and can't twist away its' humongous CT so this already speaks volumes about your game knowledge. Just FYI MCII-B/MCII-DS, Blood Asp, Warhawk and Direwolf exist maybe you should try them I heard they are pretty good.

Posted Image

Clan Streak`s are still unplayable... the only answer against Assasin rushes in Faction play.

Have you tried shooting them at legs with weapons that require aim? Seems like not.

I dont think you guys play Faction Play ! or do u ? Ahh you play for IS side than never mind...

Yes significant portion of them plays FP for last 5 years on both sides since it was released but keep thinking you know better.

Make MWO fun again ? it seems like make IS Mechs even better than before. But jeah you dudes loves your IS Mechs. Or standing at 900 meters an snipe all the time rather than play Brawls.

Let's ignore existance of 15xmicropulse PIR, 4xSRM6+5xSRM2 ACW-1, 8xSRM6 Huntsman, 12xSPL Nova, 15xmicropulse Viper, 15xmicropulse or LBX20+3xSRM6 Stormcrow, LBX20+4xSRM6 Vapor Eagle, 6xSRM6 Linebacker, SRM+Lasers Mad Dogs, 3xLBX10+5xSPL Night Gyr, LBX20+4xSRM6 Orion-IIC, 2xLBX20+4xSRM6 Scorch and Keeper, 2xUAC20+3xSRM6 Boiler and finally a Spirit Bear that is getting mobility buffs.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 18 May 2021 - 02:17 AM.

#66 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:30 AM

Dear PGI, hello Caldron,
we will see how it fits, the Mapupgrade looks pretty cool, but why don´t you take a closer look at the Clanmechs, they still stay behind the IS Mechs in fact of mobility just for reasons i can´t understand, would be nice if someone could teach me about this.
And yes i know we are far away from the Battletechunivers (if we where, IS mechs usly are hundrets of years old, Clanmechs where produced by modern Technicals .
So you think the Snubnoose PPC needs an other Buff? before doing 10 Points Pinpointdamage, now doing 11 Points dmg with 8 Pinpoint and 1.5 Splashdamge? I would love to get 15 Pinpointdmg on Clan-ERPPC without the Splashdamage, and make it cooler, or Add another ClanGaussvariant(Hyperassaultgauss) would be nice without heat Penalty to fire with ER-PPC to get it equal to IS-Variants, btw when will stealth be fixed(yes it needs a fix, you can cooldown while in stealth, can´t be Taged when in close range, would not been seen by Dropships, Turrets, just one Weaponsystem wich could get a Mech out of stealth(ER-PPC) no equal on clanside? When will the weightadvantage of the IS will be removed in Factionplay(Yes IS could bring 3 Assaults to Factionplay, Clan only 2? Where is the Armorquirk on Clanmechs which usuly uses Armmounted Weapons(MADCAT MK II -B, Riffleman II-C), when will the Hitboxes of ASN be fixed?

#67 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:32 AM

Bring back the ring battles in old Terra Terme

#68 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:49 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 18 May 2021 - 02:30 AM, said:

Dear PGI, hello Caldron,
we will see how it fits, the Mapupgrade looks pretty cool, but why don´t you take a closer look at the Clanmechs, they still stay behind the IS Mechs in fact of mobility just for reasons i can´t understand, would be nice if someone could teach me about this.
And yes i know we are far away from the Battletechunivers (if we where, IS mechs usly are hundrets of years old, Clanmechs where produced by modern Technicals .
So you think the Snubnoose PPC needs an other Buff? before doing 10 Points Pinpointdamage, now doing 11 Points dmg with 8 Pinpoint and 1.5 Splashdamge? I would love to get 15 Pinpointdmg on Clan-ERPPC without the Splashdamage, and make it cooler, or Add another ClanGaussvariant(Hyperassaultgauss) would be nice without heat Penalty to fire with ER-PPC to get it equal to IS-Variants, btw when will stealth be fixed(yes it needs a fix, you can cooldown while in stealth, can´t be Taged when in close range, would not been seen by Dropships, Turrets, just one Weaponsystem wich could get a Mech out of stealth(ER-PPC) no equal on clanside? When will the weightadvantage of the IS will be removed in Factionplay(Yes IS could bring 3 Assaults to Factionplay, Clan only 2? Where is the Armorquirk on Clanmechs which usuly uses Armmounted Weapons(MADCAT MK II -B, Riffleman II-C), when will the Hitboxes of ASN be fixed?

Never because:

1) Give better reason then "clan mechs need to be more agile then IS because lore"

2)

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 May 2021 - 07:16 PM, said:

Notes: Following the decreased heat and increased heat scale limit, SNPPCs have returned to mid/short range fights as one of the main energy-based weapons, either by themselves or in combination with large caliber ACs. In this patch, a slight adjustment is being applied to SNPPCs which introduces a considerable splash damage mechanic (similar to C-ERPPC) for a reduction in raw pinpoint damage. This change has been made to add a unique flavor to SNPPCs, and at the same time differentiate it from other pinpoint options that usually require using a standard engine and heavy tonnage investment.

3) Stealth require you to have ECM, give up Ferro or Lightferro weight savings, 12 slots, give up a lot of cooling when active and all that just for ability to not get locked so usefull only vs players who don't know how to use their eyes and in FP context not get locked by turrets which literally never matters and anyone who actually plays FP over generator destroyer will never put a single stealth mech in their deck.

4) FP dropdeck weight is not Cauldron business.

5) Armor quirks on MCII-B and RFL-IIC I can agree would be nice but they are good even without them.

6) ASN leg hitboxes are totally fine.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 18 May 2021 - 02:52 AM.

#69 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:18 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 May 2021 - 07:35 PM, said:

I wonder what people are going to NASCAR around now on Canyon network with those two rocks kicked into outer orbit?

I'm sure they'll find a pebble or a dead squirrel to rotate around. just wait.. ;)

#70 Niederrheinmetall

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:31 AM

Will the new Canyon Network fully replace the old one? Will the "Classic" CN exist on?

#71 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:34 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 May 2021 - 07:38 PM, said:

Kodiak now has more yaw than a Marauder II. What are you talking about?

That's only because the Marauder II was passed over in this mobility update (as were a lot of 'mechs, for which I'm bummed. I was really looking forward to the Dire Wolf mobility updates, and it looks like I'll have to wait one more month for those).

Kodiak is really on par with the Atlas in the current game. Ideally, the Kodiak should be a much faster, more mobile, less-well-armored, and less heat efficient counterpart to the Atlas. The fact that it has half the mobility of an Atlas still runs counter to its entire philosophy.

PGI: get rid of the inflated ballistic hardpoints on the Kodiaks (KDK-3 should only have one per side torso. KDK-4 should only have one, in the right torso). Without the inflated hardpoints allowing the builds that broke the Kodiak, we can return it to its launch-day, pre-engine-desync mobility stats, which were way higher than an Atlas.

#72 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:38 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 May 2021 - 03:34 AM, said:

Kodiak is really on par with the Atlas in the current game. Ideally, the Kodiak should be a much faster, more mobile, less-well-armored, and less heat efficient counterpart to the Atlas. The fact that it has half the mobility of an Atlas still runs counter to its entire philosophy.

To what philosophy? That one 100t assault should be better then other because you want so?

#73 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:39 AM

View PostCh0L3R1C, on 18 May 2021 - 03:21 AM, said:

Lol this is ridiculous... 3 days after I sell my firestarter because of the atrocious pitch angle they double it...

A ) Well, these changes have been discussed openly for a while now, you could've well, payed some attention
B ) Contact support. They may be able to revert your sell.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 18 May 2021 - 03:40 AM.

#74 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:45 AM

Is the old Canyon going to be kept on file and brought out from time to time? I kind of liked it.

#75 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:56 AM

View PostIanDresarie, on 17 May 2021 - 10:50 PM, said:

Oh hell no. The Cauldron has proven and even aqknoledged in private that they don't use lock-ons. Given how much they messed up streaks and over-nerfed ATMs I pray they stay away from LRMs which are currently in a really good spot.

I.am a member of the Cauldron and I use lock ons plenty.

Comment doesn't sound accurate based on what I play and stream.

#76 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:15 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 18 May 2021 - 02:15 AM, said:

Read again and do kindergarden level numbers comparation.

"Kindergarten". It's a German word :)

Posted Image

So your performance in that match is an outlier. Until you can show me 12 matches with similar performance back-to-back (and honestly, I'm even talking 1000+, not even 2300 dmg), I'm not taking that as evidence that the Dire Wolf is "good". If it can stand in one spot and shoot AC/2's at the entire battlefield without having to twist or turn too much, you can rack up a score like that. The second a Dire Whale starts taking return fire, it folds like a cheap Chinese fan.

Let's ignore existance of 15xmicropulse PIR, 4xSRM6+5xSRM2 ACW-1, 8xSRM6 Huntsman, 12xSPL Nova, 15xmicropulse Viper, 15xmicropulse or LBX20+3xSRM6 Stormcrow, LBX20+4xSRM6 Vapor Eagle, 6xSRM6 Linebacker, SRM+Lasers Mad Dogs, 3xLBX10+5xSPL Night Gyr, LBX20+4xSRM6 Orion-IIC, 2xLBX20+4xSRM6 Scorch and Keeper, 2xUAC20+3xSRM6 Boiler and finally a Spirit Bear that is getting mobility buffs.

Was gonna just reply for this bit, then saw the rest: Viper can max 11 energy hardpoints, including hero arms on -C CT. Stormcrow can max 13 energy hardpoints.

#77 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:20 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 18 May 2021 - 03:38 AM, said:

To what philosophy? That one 100t assault should be better then other because you want so?

Kodiak's "thing" is mobility on a 100 ton chassis. Hence XL 400 engine and all short- to medium-ranged weaponry. Atlas is known for its armor. Dire Wolf for its firepower. Fafnir for Dual Heavy Gauss. Annihilator for being a turret. These are what these chassis are known for. These are their base reputations. The fact that the Kodiak has ZERO mobility (better after today's patch, but still poor in comparison), especially when compared to other 100 tonners, means it's not living up to its base reputation, and is being unfaithfully represented in-game.

#78 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:21 AM

@denAirwalkerrr

Don't, not worth the hassle. Let's be glad MWO is taken care of again (at least to some extent).

Whoever wants to play "conclusio praecox" shall do so.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 18 May 2021 - 04:25 AM.

#79 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:22 AM

Why buff missile health when clan streaks are dead in the water?

Literally no point to use a weak streak now when you can just go lrm for a .5 ton savings per launcher.
More missile health will not bring people back to that system. Absolutely no need to nerf such an important staple weapon AND for what? To satisfy the light pilots who facetank, eschew rdr. dep. and hold still too often?
ATM nerf was similarly hamfisted but that could be worked around.
"A 1/3rd decrease in dmg because... people are ****." cannot be smoothed over - may as well remove cstreakSRM's from the game as nobody is ever going to take such a piss weak weapon seriously again.

Congratulations: this is why I never bought the warden pack - 1 step forward 2 steps back.

#80 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:23 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 18 May 2021 - 03:45 AM, said:

Is the old Canyon going to be kept on file and brought out from time to time? I kind of liked it.

Well, you're in luck: there's an "Old Canyon" in rotation with a whole bunch of snow on it. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users