#102 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:21 AM

View PostMonke-, on 18 May 2021 - 06:15 AM, said:

The main request I see is new maps not new 'stuff' to break up the meta, and yeah more maps is a universal thing people want. TT or shooter there is only so many ways you can play on a map before it becomes stale.

Just last night, I found this post: https://mwomercs.com...-new-features/. There were a lot of requests for weapons and equipment that are just a year or two beyond where the game is currently at, so yes, people are asking for more things to "break up the meta" than just new maps.

#103 evlkenevl

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:21 AM

The Kodiak 3 will still be a pig, with hitboxes the size of a stadium. Why can't it have the mobility of the other Kodiak variants? It doesn't have masc or ecm, yet now all Atlai are getting heavy-mech quickness.

Also, this will be the 2nd time for "Canyon 2.0". It's also been ages since the last real new map. What about River and Caustic classics? Before all these high-center fairness maps, nascar wasn't anywhere near as common as it's been for several years now.

No offense intended. A lot of the recent changes have been great, and I doubt we would have seen most of them without the Cauldron's input.

#104 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:22 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 May 2021 - 06:17 AM, said:

TT, "Pilots" aim their weapons, using onboard targeting and tracking equipment.
MWO: Players aim their weapons, using onboard targeting and tracking equipment.

Seems pretty similar to me.

Sure when you super abstract it you can go "look its the same!" but you ignore that the reasons for them are very different. A TT pilot gunnery has in theory has the same impact on gameplay as someone's skill in shooters however the former is there for balance and thematics while the latter is just someone's ability.

#105 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:25 AM

Me...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

New things are good things!

#106 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:30 AM

View PostSpeedy Plysitkos, on 18 May 2021 - 06:20 AM, said:

Ex-Wot player ?

Impressive.

#107 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:30 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 17 May 2021 - 10:05 PM, said:

Ok so its not really splashing to all connected bits as per the weapon info blurb because the legs and head are also connected to the ct. Thats fine but there needs to be more transparent info on the finer points of the game.

Really?

It’s literally the same effect that the cERPPC has just with different values.

#108 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:32 AM

+1
I'm very excited about the new changes Posted Image

Enough to motivate me to procure yet more Premium mech packages Posted Image

The next round of Annual (Loyalty) Rewards may be coming up...
time to plan ahead for which mech package to get, in view of the May/June mech mobility passes :)

View Postanfadern, on 18 May 2021 - 06:25 AM, said:

Me...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

New things are good things!

Edited by w0qj, 18 May 2021 - 06:33 AM.

#109 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:37 AM

View PostMonke-, on 18 May 2021 - 06:22 AM, said:

Sure when you super abstract it you can go "look its the same!" but you ignore that the reasons for them are very different. A TT pilot gunnery has in theory has the same impact on gameplay as someone's skill in shooters however the former is there for balance and thematics while the latter is just someone's ability.

That's my point, though: you're not seeing the forest for all the trees. You're associating the "paper and dice" with the in-game HUD, but the "paper and dice" is your computer, sitting on the floor at your feet. THAT'S where that comparison begins and ends. The rulebooks are the source code which is running on your computer. Your imagination is what makes the TT game play out, and that same imagination is what allows you to move a mouse and aim your weapons at another target on your computer screen.

You're exactly right: on TT, you simulate pilot gunnery with a number. In MWO, pilot gunnery is literally the player's own personal skill with a mouse. "Piloting" is your skill with a keyboard (since we haven't figured out neurohelmets, yet). I wouldn't say mine is 1:1. I'd give me a 4:3. And the "3" piloting is helped significantly by the fact that MWO doesn't do knockdowns or rough terrain, so I'm left with my situational awareness (which isn't helped by a 21 inch non-gaming monitor).

#110 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:39 AM

New map and armor redistribution are great. Timby changes are the least you could have done to the poor mech... But why is an Atlas still more nimble than a Night Gyr? Keeping it sluggish traps the mech in a sniper role and little else, which is what caused the nerf in the first place. Give the thing normal mobility and some kind of negative HSL quirk to PPC and Gauss but not this. You're condemning it to a single play style and then punishing it for playing that style.

#111 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:54 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 18 May 2021 - 01:54 AM, said:

Wrong. On a map like crimson, nascar is non existant.

And that's the reason most players don't like it.

The most popular MWO maps are NASCAR friendly: HPG Mainfold, Mining Collective, Canyon Network, Grim Plexus, River City.

#112 Supatim101

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:55 AM

I'm a lore junky and I don't think this game needs to have a 1:1 relationship with the lore. I want a fun game where my favorite mechs are effective not necessarily lore accurate.

Effective in a vehicle sim, FPS game is going to look different than what is described in the TT game, the TROs, and the novels. That's due to limitations of software, scope of the game (i.e. no combined arms even if it is in the lore), as well as, simply, what is "fun" for most people to play. Fun is subjective, of course, but I'd wager that most people don't want their Hunchback IIC to crumple to enemy fire after two alphas. I'd rather have an effective mech than one that is 1:1 true to the lore.

This game isn't even canon.

It's weird that some people want the lore to dictate how the game is designed over and above tried and true methods of game design.

On topic: I'm super excited about the mobility buffs to the Firestarter, Centurion, Timberwolf, Kodiak, and Atlas. Some of my favorite mechs in the lore and in the game. Again, I want my favorite mechs to be effective, not held back by lore constraints (even if I love the story). Thank you PGI, thank you Cauldron. Can't wait for the Warden pack.

#113 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:05 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 18 May 2021 - 05:25 AM, said:

RIP SNPPC April 2021 - May 2021.

Now worse than before the April patch, wow.

It will take KDK3 almost 6 seconds to rech full speed even after the buff. The reluctance to buff it more seeing how there's already a better clan gun boat (MCII-B ) is ridiculous.

Lol worse than before the April patch? That’s patently false. It’s still cooler than it was and is still going to be strong.

The KDK3 got a huge pitch and yaw buff, which is going to make a huge difference.

#114 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:08 AM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 18 May 2021 - 05:35 AM, said:

Unless they fix the spawns, old canyon can take a hike.

No kidding. As a fat slow assault, it can be as low as 10-15 seconds in that you are getting shot in the back by lights on that map. It can ruin the match for you before you can actually play the game.

#115 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:17 AM

View Postevlkenevl, on 18 May 2021 - 06:21 AM, said:

The Kodiak 3 will still be a pig, with hitboxes the size of a stadium. Why can't it have the mobility of the other Kodiak variants? It doesn't have masc or ecm, yet now all Atlai are getting heavy-mech quickness.

Because it has 4 high mounted ballistic hardpoints spread across two different components? I’m not saying with this change it’s going to be just fine, but there is plenty of justification for it. Atlases run completely different roles (notice the KDK-SB has some pretty good agility stats) and don’t have the same load out potential or high mounts. Were you around when uac10 KDK-3s would man handle the solo queue? With the yaw angle and pitch angle alone it’s going to be a force again, so let’s wait and see how it goes.

#116 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:26 AM

View PostAlreech, on 18 May 2021 - 06:54 AM, said:

And that's the reason most players don't like it.

The most popular MWO maps are NASCAR friendly: HPG Mainfold, Mining Collective, Canyon Network, Grim Plexus, River City.

Dude, crimson is one of the most picked maps. From my exp. third most picked after canyon and hpg, so stop making assumptions what most people like and dont like based on your personal beliefs. Hpg is not even a nascar map, more like king of the hill map. Its only another proof of people idiocy, when they initiate nascar on that map, once someone took the center.

Edit: also, mining colective is not a nascar map. I mean... there are places where nascar can take place, but such locations are on every map.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 18 May 2021 - 07:28 AM.

#117 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:39 AM

This patch looks great and "This patch reverts those changes" will forever be my favorite line in there. So many things went wrong in the last years.

Edited by suffocater, 18 May 2021 - 07:40 AM.

#118 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:55 AM

A sale for all the buffed Mechs would be really cool! :)

#119 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:04 AM

If I'm doing the MWO marketing, I'll do a Flash Sale (12 hours only) at 50% Off on the big dollar (>=US$80) full mech packs, some time from now until June. Sale lasts only for 12 hours.
No sale on partial packs; only top tier of each mech pack.
You know, Clan Wave 1/2/3, Resistance 1/2, etc.

MWO gets to drum up sales volume, especially for big dollar mech pack.
Also gets players constantly looking at this www.mwomercs.com webpage to see if anymore Flash Sales!

Players gets to invest (speculate) on future upcoming mech mobility pass.
After all, some might hold off to see what the mobility pass would be like for June.

Win-Win situation Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 18 May 2021 - 08:05 AM.

#120 The Shazbot

• PipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:17 AM

Couple questions about the mobility stuff.

1: How come the FS9 Firestorm didn't get to keep it's mobility edge over the other Firestarters when all the other heroes (Boar's Head, Yen Lo Wang, Spirit Bear) either kept their edge or where given one?

2: Does Yen Lo Wang not get torso speed increase, making it torso twist slower (albeit only 0.5 degrees per second, 139 vs 139.5) than the other CN9s?

3: Why is the Night Gyr less agile than the Atlas?

Edit: Firestorm is literally a worse Ember now. It used to have the edge in mobility, while the Ember had extra structure.

Edited by The Shazbot, 18 May 2021 - 10:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users