334 replies to this topic

#121 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:28 AM

One thing to note, Hunchback-IIC-A was planned to have 25 degree torso pitch angle. This is apparently missed in this patch, and will be adjusted in June.

#122 Cyberrior

• Pip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:32 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 18 May 2021 - 02:15 AM, said:

Night Gyr (Prime,A,B,C,H,JK):
  • Acceleration increased to 17.72 KHP/s (from 10.8)
  • Deceleration increased to 25.66 KPH/s (from 16.67)
  • Turn Rate increased to 40.1 DEG/s (from 34.95)
  • Torso Speed increased to 90 DEG/s (from 63)
  • Pitch Angle increased to 25 DEG (from 15)
  • Yaw Angle increased to 90 DEG (from 70)
Timber Wolf (All variants):
  • Acceleration increased to 29.26 KPH/s (from 17.72)
  • Deceleration increased to 31.66 KPH/s (from 19.67)
  • Turn Rate increased to 60.16 DEG/s (from 42.4)
  • Torso Speed increased to 99 DEG/s (from 68)
  • Pitch Angle increased to 25 DEG (from 20)
  • Yaw Angle increased to 95 DEG (from 80)
Atlas (D,D-DC,RS,S,KR,K):
  • Acceleration increased to 20.03 KPH/s (from 13.11)
  • Deceleration increased to 21.5 KPH/s (from 13.25)
  • Turn Rate increased to 55 DEG/s (from 42.4)
  • Torso Speed increased to 108 DEG/s (from 76.5)
  • Pitch Angle increased to 25 DEG (from 16)
  • Yaw Angle increased to 110 DEG (from 90)
Read again and do kindergarden level numbers comparation.

No it doesn't even in slightest and was trash even since it was nerfed and can't twist away its' humongous CT so this already speaks volumes about your game knowledge. Just FYI MCII-B/MCII-DS, Blood Asp, Warhawk and Direwolf exist maybe you should try them I heard they are pretty good.

Posted Image

Have you tried shooting them at legs with weapons that require aim? Seems like not.

Yes significant portion of them plays FP for last 5 years on both sides since it was released but keep thinking you know better.

Let's ignore existance of 15xmicropulse PIR, 4xSRM6+5xSRM2 ACW-1, 8xSRM6 Huntsman, 12xSPL Nova, 15xmicropulse Viper, 15xmicropulse or LBX20+3xSRM6 Stormcrow, LBX20+4xSRM6 Vapor Eagle, 6xSRM6 Linebacker, SRM+Lasers Mad Dogs, 3xLBX10+5xSPL Night Gyr, LBX20+4xSRM6 Orion-IIC, 2xLBX20+4xSRM6 Scorch and Keeper, 2xUAC20+3xSRM6 Boiler and finally a Spirit Bear that is getting mobility buffs.

Ok Dude i think you have to read and compare the mobility between the Mechs again ... Night Gear has a clear lower mobility than an Atlas( but thank you for showing). Ok the difference between the Timber Wolf and Atlas is a little higher but not at any point that makes any sense.

My point with the Assasins was not because of the Assasins ! its was only an example to tell that the streak srm`s on Clan side unplayable.

And last ... the point with the Kodiak 3 is, that there is no Mech that can reliable fit 4x LBX10 like so many IS Chassis can do. And there many things that Clan mechs cant do ... (Stealth,Cap Accelarator,obove 90 t with more than 2 ams) so thats the Point!
I know there are many strong Clan Mechs out there ! And there are many ways to fight but in comparison Clan Mechs are lacking hard and i think you know that !
So i dont attack you and i dont understand wy are you writing so upset about that what iam writing ?
Maybe its because there is some truth in my words and you know it !

#123 Enamillion89

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:48 AM

Hey guys, could you please work on the FLAMER weapon mechanics? As of now they're not very useful at all (and I'm sure others would like to see something done with them).

Maybe reduce the heat it takes to use them, or increase the heat they cause to the enemy mech?

#124 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 May 2021 - 09:44 AM

View PostCyberrior, on 18 May 2021 - 08:32 AM, said:

Ok Dude i think you have to read and compare the mobility between the Mechs again ... Night Gear has a clear lower mobility than an Atlas( but thank you for showing). Ok the difference between the Timber Wolf and Atlas is a little higher but not at any point that makes any sense.

My point with the Assasins was not because of the Assasins ! its was only an example to tell that the streak srm`s on Clan side unplayable.

And last ... the point with the Kodiak 3 is, that there is no Mech that can reliable fit 4x LBX10 like so many IS Chassis can do. And there many things that Clan mechs cant do ... (Stealth,Cap Accelarator,obove 90 t with more than 2 ams) so thats the Point!
I know there are many strong Clan Mechs out there ! And there are many ways to fight but in comparison Clan Mechs are lacking hard and i think you know that !
So i dont attack you and i dont understand wy are you writing so upset about that what iam writing ?
Clan mechs have been underrepresented since soon after their original release, since then each patch, at least in my opinion has 'chinked' away at clan mechs more and more, culminating to today where they nerfed ATMs and Clan streaks the latter of which is almost obsolete now. Last i recall Clan mechs were suppose to be OP ,but for this game it seems to be the other way around... I would be okay with clan mechs being only a tiny bit more powerful than IS mechs, or clan and IS mechs being even but clan having slightly more powerful guns... and this mostly applies to the originally released clan omnimechs, though i'm pretty certain even clan battlemechs have something less than their equivalent IS mech. It seems to be in my opinion that Clan mechs trade weight and range for durability... which i really don't think is a good idea, I think clan mechs should be at least equally durable as IS mechs.

On a side note, really missed out on an event for the mechs changed in this patch....

Edited by KursedVixen, 18 May 2021 - 09:53 AM.

#125 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 09:53 AM

View PostCyberrior, on 18 May 2021 - 08:32 AM, said:

How about the fact that Atlas is almost exclusively CQC mech mainly suited for almost only AC/LBX20+SRM/MRM builds with maybe only exceptioin on 6xLPL Boar's Head which require you to clear entire upper torso and arms to shoot at anything while NTG can run literally any sort of ballistics you can think of + gauss vomit, has narrow profile, pretty high mounts and was absolutely busted when 2xGauss+PPC could alpha. But nooo just because you're clan loyalist in you feel entitled to complain about how 100t mech that has to run up literally into your face to do damage should have less agility then 75t mech with almost same pod space that can sit at 500-1000 meters and get behind cover easily.

Being able to fit 4xLBX10s doesn't mean **** for assaults. Not having 2xAMS mechs over 90t doesn't mean ****. Stealth doesn't mean ****. Clan mechs are as viable as IS is you played both sides of FP enough and use your brain instead of listening to people claiming that either side is much stronger then other.

So I'll just post this wonderful image:
Posted Image

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 18 May 2021 - 09:57 AM.

#126 The Shazbot

• PipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 09:56 AM

Hey just a heads up, the new rock bridge on the D4/D5 line on the new Canyon is floating quite a bit.

https://imgur.com/zfUbMIU

https://imgur.com/5X7wNlR

Edited by The Shazbot, 18 May 2021 - 10:03 AM.

#127 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:11 AM

View PostSupatim101, on 18 May 2021 - 06:55 AM, said:

I'm a lore junky and I don't think this game needs to have a 1:1 relationship with the lore. I want a fun game where my favorite mechs are effective not necessarily lore accurate.

Effective in a vehicle sim, FPS game is going to look different than what is described in the TT game, the TROs, and the novels. That's due to limitations of software, scope of the game (i.e. no combined arms even if it is in the lore), as well as, simply, what is "fun" for most people to play. Fun is subjective, of course, but I'd wager that most people don't want their Hunchback IIC to crumple to enemy fire after two alphas. I'd rather have an effective mech than one that is 1:1 true to the lore.

This game isn't even canon.

It's weird that some people want the lore to dictate how the game is designed over and above tried and true methods of game design.

On topic: I'm super excited about the mobility buffs to the Firestarter, Centurion, Timberwolf, Kodiak, and Atlas. Some of my favorite mechs in the lore and in the game. Again, I want my favorite mechs to be effective, not held back by lore constraints (even if I love the story). Thank you PGI, thank you Cauldron. Can't wait for the Warden pack.

So you say you're a lore junky, but are okay with variations to make the game playable. That sounds reasonable, and I'm okay with that. But let me ask you a question:

Do you prefer your Kodiaks to have a little less firepower, but be able to run up to an opponent and dance around them?
Or do you prefer them to stand in one place and just blanket the whole map with overwhelming firepower?

My argument was that they're meant to do the former, and if having mobility AND firepower makes them OP, they're known for their mobility, and their overwhelming firepower should be reduced to their stock build, if necessary for balance.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 May 2021 - 07:17 AM, said:

Because it has 4 high mounted ballistic hardpoints spread across two different components? I’m not saying with this change it’s going to be just fine, but there is plenty of justification for it. Atlases run completely different roles (notice the KDK-SB has some pretty good agility stats) and don’t have the same load out potential or high mounts. Were you around when uac10 KDK-3s would man handle the solo queue? With the yaw angle and pitch angle alone it’s going to be a force again, so let’s wait and see how it goes.

So I WAS around when 4x UAC/10 KDK-3's were manhandling the solo queue, and I thought they were dealt with very inappropriately. It was just the UAC-3 build that was causing problems, but the entire chassis got nerfed because of it. If they'd simply gone "oops, I guess four high-mounted ballistics is a bit overkill, we'll just bump that back down to two, or three", then they could have left everything else about the Kodiak alone, and it would have settled into its niche just fine. But instead of undoing their own modification, they proceeded to change everything ELSE about the 'mech, until the crystals on Tourmaline could grow across the map faster than the KDK-3 could walk there. The mobility restoration is a step in the right direction, but it has further that it can and should go.

#128 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:14 AM

It's important for new players that at least the appearance of consistency be maintained: If a player trials a KDK-3, they might be put off by its inability to move, and not want to try any other KDK because they're just too sluggish, even if the -1 or -SB can fly to the moon doing pirouettes. The one they tried is representative of the chassis, and the assumption is they're all the same (it's a logical assumption, after all. They're all called the same, and all look the same. Why wouldn't they all behave the same, but with different hardpoints for different weapon options?)

#129 BASED THUNDER

Rookie

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 8 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:23 AM

Timber Wolf is back

#130 Spinning Broccoli

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:25 AM

How do I clear the ”Invalid loadout” errors in Stalker, Cicada, etc? Stripping the mech does not help.

#131 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:26 AM

View PostKurb, on 18 May 2021 - 10:25 AM, said:

How do I clear the ”Invalid loadout” errors in Stalker, Cicada, etc? Stripping the mech does not help.

strip armor -> reapply -> save

#132 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:27 AM

Hit the "reduce armor" button on each side torso, then reapply armor. I just tested mine out. It's actually being kinda dumb about it: I have one Stalker whose armor values didn't need to change at all, but it's still "invalid" because of the patch.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 18 May 2021 - 10:32 AM.

#133 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:35 AM

Now Nascar will be more difficult

#134 Maugged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:37 AM

I'm having weird grey rectangles on the new canyon.

#135 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:43 AM

Yes... I'm having wierd grey rectangles on New Canyon post-patch.

It ALMOST looks like invisible hills/rocks, but with half-transparent and half-rock texture that swirls around when you move around. You can ALMOST see the enemy behind this abnormality. Gives me a headache.

Anyone else seeing this in New Canyon?

View PostMaugged, on 18 May 2021 - 10:37 AM, said:

I'm having weird grey rectangles on the new canyon.

#136 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:45 AM

View Postw0qj, on 18 May 2021 - 10:43 AM, said:

Yes... I'm having wierd grey rectangles on New Canyon post-patch.

It ALMOST looks like invisible hills/rocks, but with half-transparent and half-rock texture that swirls around when you move around. You can ALMOST see the enemy behind this abnormality. Gives me a headache.

Anyone else seeing this in New Canyon?
i was having that problem yesterday.

#137 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 18 May 2021 - 09:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

VERY BEAUTIFUL <3 Didn't expect memes to come out of Invincible like that :P

#138 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:51 AM

KDK-1 mobility is better, but still not great. TBR mobility is wonderful. Thank you! Posted Image Still not a fan of the nerf to Streak SRMs. They really did rely on that first-shot punch. The DPS might be up, but so then is the HPS, and you're much more quickly heatcapped before you can put out as much damage as you used to be able to. Also, the ability to use them situationally is greatly reduced: the risk/reward for popping out to get off a shot is worse.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 18 May 2021 - 10:53 AM.

#139 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 18 May 2021 - 11:12 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 18 May 2021 - 10:26 AM, said:

strip armor -> reapply -> save

Thank you for this! I was confused why some of my mechs were labeled "invalid loadout" after this patch.
The mechs that got armor redistributed need to be tweaked in Mechlab to fit the new values: Stalker, Jagermech, Cicada, Jenner, Jenner IIC

#140 supernovazella

• Pip
  • Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 11:17 AM

he bought us ramps whoop, nice map the man. and I'm very pleased with this patch, my timber awesome,

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users