Patch Notes - 1.4.241.0 - 18-May-2021

334 replies to this topic

#221 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,130 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 May 2021 - 12:22 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 May 2021 - 11:58 AM, said:

TT speeds don't scale linearly, due to the rounding issue I mentioned, and speed tweak applies to all 'mechs, not just the ones who had their speeds un-rounded.
i think it should be easier to get, though...

#222 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 May 2021 - 01:20 PM

View PostNomad One, on 19 May 2021 - 04:21 AM, said:

If the level of agility the 8 chassis that were affected in this patch are going to be the general levels of mobility going forward, I think DPS based weapons are going to be noticeably affected by the end of it.

Its not. The first 8 were the ones identified to need the most help in terms of agility. The Atlas and Spirit Bear agility levels are best in class and much higher than the majority of the other assaults because of their brawl-centric roles, and in the case of the Atlas, low hardpoint heights.

#223 Kestrel Atreides

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:34 PM

Loadouts on some mechs are invalidated after the update. So far I've only had to lower front armor to fix back armor then put the front armor back to what it was.

#224 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:55 PM

View PostKestrel Atreides, on 19 May 2021 - 02:34 PM, said:

Loadouts on some mechs are invalidated after the update. So far I've only had to lower front armor to fix back armor then put the front armor back to what it was.

You can lower back armor, then put it back up again, as well. Looks like the invalidation defaulted to lowering back armor, for some reason, even though the new quirks are on the front. I wish I remembered what I had my back set at. I've just been maxing it and setting the rest on my arms.

#225 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 03:03 PM

View PostKestrel Atreides, on 19 May 2021 - 02:34 PM, said:

This is going to happen when a patch changes armor values or removes or fixes components this happend on the kit fox when they changed the jump jets on omni's to fixed i had like 4 extra jump jets just reset the armor and bring it back up.

#226 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 60 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 19 May 2021 - 04:18 PM

I imagine I'm not the only one discovering that some of my mechs are coming up as "Invalid", due to the reduction in the maximum armor in certain parts; the affected mechs, if running full armor under the previous definitions, are required to have their armor adjusted, and the easiest way to do this is to strip all armor and reapply it.

#227 Ludo22

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 19 May 2021 - 04:21 PM

I played this game for awhile back in 2019. I came back to it about a month ago and I feel like I rejoined at the perfect time. I am a little bummed they nerfect the snub nose PPCs. I was having a great time running 3 of these on my Dragon. It also feels like they have turned canyon from a heavy brawler to a more even mix of brawling/long range shooting.

#228 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 04:33 PM

View PostElfcat, on 19 May 2021 - 04:18 PM, said:

I imagine I'm not the only one discovering that some of my mechs are coming up as "Invalid", due to the reduction in the maximum armor in certain parts; the affected mechs, if running full armor under the previous definitions, are required to have their armor adjusted, and the easiest way to do this is to strip all armor and reapply it.
As i've said about 2 times now this will happen when PGI Changes slots or armor stats this happened with my Kitfox when they made jump jets fixed which ended up with it having non-fixed jumpjets along with the fixed ones...

#229 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 19 May 2021 - 04:35 PM

The weird part is I had a cicada showing invalid even though it hadn't had full armour anywhere. Just dropped armour down an up by one on each torso an problem solved!

~Leone.

#230 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 05:05 PM

View PostLeone, on 19 May 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

The weird part is I had a cicada showing invalid even though it hadn't had full armour anywhere. Just dropped armour down an up by one on each torso an problem solved!

~Leone.
How many times do I have to say it? because the armor was adjusted via a quirk or otherwise means all mechs that get these changes will be affected and may be invalid until you reset the armor..... (Last time i'm saying this if anybody ask why i won't be pointing to the 3 times i've said it,because i'm tired of being ignored or at least it seems like I'm being ignored)

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 May 2021 - 05:06 PM.

#231 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 05:20 PM

I was just remarking how weird it was that a perfectly valid build was showing invalid. I understand needing to fix builds tweaked to be invalid, just this was new to me.

~Leone.

#232 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 05:27 PM

View PostLeone, on 19 May 2021 - 05:20 PM, said:

I was just remarking how weird it was that a perfectly valid build was showing invalid. I understand needing to fix builds tweaked to be invalid, just this was new to me.

~Leone.
Well it will happen if they change armor values or like with my kit fox make jump jets fixed an you had custom added ones in.

#233 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 05:54 PM

Good day to all.
Only i have a problem with IS Jenner armor (specifically Oxide)? The mech is marked as "invalid", when trying to redistribute the armor on the mech, 28 units of armor are lost. In my build, 12 points of armor were removed from the head (for all other components, I set maximum armor). After the patch, 28 (!) Points of armor are lost somewhere. I'm trying to distribute the armor as it was before (the head is 6 points, the rest of the components have maximum armor), but I don't have enough free tonnage for another 28 points of armor.

#234 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:08 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 19 May 2021 - 05:54 PM, said:

Good day to all.
Only i have a problem with IS Jenner armor (specifically Oxide)? The mech is marked as "invalid", when trying to redistribute the armor on the mech, 28 units of armor are lost. In my build, 12 points of armor were removed from the head (for all other components, I set maximum armor). After the patch, 28 (!) Points of armor are lost somewhere. I'm trying to distribute the armor as it was before (the head is 6 points, the rest of the components have maximum armor), but I don't have enough free tonnage for another 28 points of armor.

The 'mechs gained free armor on the side torsos and CT, so the torso armor values will be higher than they were pre-patch. Theoretically, if you set the armor exactly as it was two days ago, you should have tonnage left over.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 19 May 2021 - 06:10 PM.

#235 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:21 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 May 2021 - 06:08 PM, said:

The 'mechs gained free armor on the side torsos and CT, so the torso armor values will be higher than they were pre-patch. Theoretically, if you set the armor exactly as it was two days ago, you should have tonnage left over.

People need to read other post Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#236 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:29 PM

Yesterday I rode the free TBR-C (C) that I got in the last event.
The impressions of its mobility are very pleasant. Thank you!
I also managed to take part in three battles in the New Canyons. The first fight was terrible.
My expectations were met.
1) The game begins with the widest NASCAR on low terrain, because the top of the map is perfectly shot by snipers and covered lurmwarriors.
2) Now this map is intended for trench wars, at least at the initial stage of the battle, while there is a rapprochement with the enemy and until a significant advantage of one of the opposing teams is achieved.
But now I'm not ready to say whether I like the new map or not. More battles need to be fought. Perhaps over time, routes will be developed that will allow teams to get closer, without being exposed to the fire of snipers and brave Lurm Warriors. But now, battles are tied up haphazardly in the most unexpected places, simply because the players are not yet familiar with the new terrain.
I really liked the large number of new ramps. They give a lot of freedom of maneuver. True, all of them, one way or another, lead to the top of the map under the fire of snipers and lurmwarriors.
Anyway, thanks for updating the map. These are new experiences.
Interested in the fate of the old version of the map. Will it be available in the game or should we forget about it?

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 19 May 2021 - 07:07 PM.

#237 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:31 PM

View PostBolo Atari, on 19 May 2021 - 05:40 AM, said:

I've read some hate on the new map and I'm curious: did anyone go to testing grounds to review the map before playing on it? You know, like scouting the terrain before using it?

Isn't that what Sun-Tzu taught us?

Yes some people scouted it, still odd that one strip of high ground got almost no changes but the rest looked interesting.

**** Sun-Tzu.

#238 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:43 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 19 May 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

Yesterday I rode the free TBR-C (C) that I got in the last event.
The impressions of its mobility are very pleasant. Thank you!
I also managed to take part in three battles in the New Canyons. The first fight was terrible.
My expectations were met.
1) The game begins with the widest NASCAR on low terrain, because the top of the map is perfectly shot by snipers and covered lurmwarriors.
2) Now this map is intended for trench wars, at least at the initial stage of the battle, while there is a rapprochement with the enemy and until a significant advantage of one of the opposing teams is achieved.
But now I'm not ready to say whether I like the new card or not. More battles need to be fought. Perhaps over time, routes will be developed that will allow teams to get closer, without being exposed to the fire of snipers and brave Lurm Warriors. But now, battles are tied up haphazardly in the most unexpected places, simply because the players are not yet familiar with the new terrain.
I really liked the large number of new ramps. They give a lot of freedom of maneuver. True, all of them, one way or another, lead to the top of the map under the fire of snipers and lurmwarriors.
Anyway, thanks for updating the map. These are new experiences.
Interested in the fate of the old version of the map. Will it be available in the game or should we forget about it?
Funny i have two of them i dunno where i got the other one from.

#239 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:46 PM

Probably the Halloween event they gave them out in. People need to read other threads... Heh.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 19 May 2021 - 06:54 PM.

#240 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:52 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 May 2021 - 06:08 PM, said:

The problem is that I don't remember the exact amount of armor that was installed on the mech. I just remember that all the available armor was installed.
Thanks for the comment. Today I will try to do something, relying on the numbers that are given in the patch description.

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 May 2021 - 06:21 PM, said:

People need to read other post Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I already read the whole topic, every message Posted Image
But everywhere it is said that some 'Mechs have become "invalid" and what needs to be done to get them back into operation. Nowhere did I see any mention of such a problem that I had (28 points of armor were lost).
Although it is possible that something similar was discussed, but the language barrier prevents me. Moreover, some English-speaking people write in such an English language, the reading of which causes bleeding from my eyes Posted Image Although, perhaps these people are not English speaking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users