Thanks For The Boost!

164 replies to this topic

#121 invgamez

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 09:57 AM

I've been loyal to MWO with almost 1300 hours of playing for 1 account. I also have 3 MWO accounts as well. Planning to buy MW5 & placed in wishlist. Then searched youtube for MW5 reviews & stumbled upon the promo just yesterday thinking June 1st was deadline as well later to find out that the forum is already locked SAD!

Edited by invgamez, 27 May 2021 - 09:58 AM.

#122 Demotrix

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:13 AM

when do we get the mc for wishlisting it and posting on the other forum thread? still havent gotten it.

#123 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:27 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...-steam-wishlist

Just started another new thread:
Petition to allow for 24 more hours for this "post on Forum after MW5 Steam Wishlist".

Disclaimer: I myself have already posted, but feel sorry for others who have not.

#124 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:39 AM

View PostDemotrix, on 27 May 2021 - 10:13 AM, said:

when do we get the mc for wishlisting it and posting on the other forum thread? still havent gotten it.

1250 MC will be added to everyone who posts in the forum thread before May 27th at 00:00 the injection will happen June 4th.

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 27 May 2021 - 10:40 AM.

#125 lammaer

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 12:07 PM

"Hero, Special, and Loyalty Mechs will make 50% C-bill Boost for the duration of the event"

Is this actually ON?

I've boght an Adder Cinder, have a running premium but I just see the following two lines on the battle credit summary screen:

'MECH BONUS (I guess it is the chassis +50% CB bonus)
PREMIUM TIME BONUS

#126 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 12:27 PM

View PostTK Romero, on 26 May 2021 - 09:20 PM, said:

I see that the MC injection should happen on June 4th. I don't want to sound ungrateful about free stuff, but wouldn't it had been beneficial to have the MC injected during the Boosted Hero sale event where the discounted items cost MC? It's not a huge issue as these sales run frequently, mainly curious why it wouldn't have ran hand in hand.

Would have, yes.
Mine will just sit there until some other Hero sale.

View PostBelorion, on 27 May 2021 - 03:51 AM, said:

Can you play MW5 on steam if you purchased it on Epic?

Not that I am aware of.

#127 Appius

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, longtime MWO player here (Founder Atlas FTW). I do business internationally and time zone reckoning all the time...and still got confused by the use of June 1 + UTC (which, btw, I've rarely seen used without an associated EST or BST)...would be really nice if PGI gave a grace period somehow. I wishlisted it yesterday and then realized ~7pm East Coast was the actual deadline (facepalm).

#128 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 May 2021 - 02:39 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 21 May 2021 - 04:10 PM, said:

<<< quote used to ping >>>

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 May 2021 - 04:34 PM, said:

Thank You for the Sales and also the Special Mech (C-Bills) Boosts!!! Posted Image

Other than the Hero-marked, (S)pecial, and (L)oyalty Mechs, will the other types such as the (P)hoenix, (G)old, ('R')esistance, (I)nvasion, (NCIX)-marked, and so forth of specially-designated Mechs also receive this boosting? It may be possible that I'm totally nuts, but I thought it would be fair for them to get the extra boosting too. Posted Image

~D. V. "asking a boost-related question for those who have the odd Mechs with special designations" Devnull

[Slight Edit by the Post Author to stop some weird thing from reformatting the "R" between the parentheses...]

View PostSzabfer, on 27 May 2021 - 12:07 PM, said:

"Hero, Special, and Loyalty Mechs will make 50% C-bill Boost for the duration of the event"

Is this actually ON?

I've boght an Adder Cinder, have a running premium but I just see the following two lines on the battle credit summary screen:

'MECH BONUS (I guess it is the chassis +50% CB bonus)
PREMIUM TIME BONUS

Hello there, ... I have tested with both a "Hero"-designated Mech and a "(S)pecial"-designated Mech in my garage, as well as with my "(NCIX)"-designated Mech at this point. That includes going out to the battlefields and playing normally too. I can personally confirm that they have put the expanded-grade (C-Bills) Boosts on at least those designators. To see further info on this yourself, simply float on any Mech Picture of a Hero/(S)pecial/etc. with designators that usually include (C-Bills) Boosts by default. You should see that it has increased from the normal 30% booster to the temporary 50% super-boosted earning levels until such time as the "Thanks For The Boost/Sale Event" combined package expires. Very likely, they also managed to catch the others which I asked about, and gave them the same enjoyable treatment too. So to answer your question, this "Thanks For The Boost" Event is actually ON indeed. :D

I can definitely say that Matt/Daeron/etc. have my thanks for such an Event as this, even if there are not any trackers that one can shake stuff out of. The only constructive suggestion/request I would have for them in improving on the next one is to please be more detailed if they can about what qualifies, and/or to please reply to users who get confused and start asking questions because they sincerely want to understand. (Not intending to jab anyone, but I personally can say a helpful Official Reply would have been appreciated here. I can only guess that Matt/Daeron/etc. are all loaded down with work on something big.) Other than that, they did great! :)

~D. V. "Helping wrap up question(s) on what qualifies for 'Thanks For The Boost' Event (C-Bills) Bonuses" Devnull

#129 SkypierateKaijin

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 02:55 PM

I wishlisted 1 hour 'too late'...

Oh well...

#130 RamRanchCowboys

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 04:50 PM

Had it wishlisted for since like a week after the page in the steam store went up. Hope I can still post and get the MC.

Edited by RamRanchCowboys, 27 May 2021 - 04:52 PM.

#131 Xzanti

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 05:07 PM

Wishlisted and followed a few days ago. Hope I didn't get too far behind the NASCAR

#132 useddeodoranttastetester

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 07:12 PM

Since it is not June 1st, I have wishlisted it. :/

#133 Evilkingo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:01 PM

Wishlisted MW5

#134 Chronic Noobetism

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIf I was up your nose, you'd know

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:15 PM

I put it on my wishlist on the 26th, I said so on the forum thread where I was supposed to, and I haven't received the 1250 MC.

What's going on here?

#135 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 29 May 2021 - 07:35 AM

wishlisted MW5 on steam.my forum ban was lifted just a bit too late to post before may 27th

#136 NightThorn

Rookie

• Captain
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 29 May 2021 - 07:42 AM

Whishlisted :-)

#137 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 08:19 AM

Wishlisted, if it's not too late.

#138 Gouda Wizard

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 09:00 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 21 May 2021 - 04:10 PM, said:

MAKE SURE YOU SAY THAT HERE TOO

https://mwomercs.com...rmation-thread/

I was trying to but the thread is locked now :(

#139 Twiztid187

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 01:02 PM

I've added MW5 to my wish list on steam.
I can't post on the other thread because it's locked?

#140 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 339 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 29 May 2021 - 08:56 PM

No use wishlisting now that the event is over :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users