98 replies to this topic

#41 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:27 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 12 August 2021 - 01:19 AM, said:

Unfortunately, this opens another can of worms: how do you measure skill/ELO related to FP?

PGI made matchmaker to FP which works by ELO. OR was it just a another lie?

#42 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 02:06 AM

How is that ELO calculated, or it just uses Solaris ELO?

#43 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 07:31 AM

All that i found by quick googling is

and https://mwomercs.com...42010-21may2019

There will be a set amount of time where players enter the queue and the Match Maker holds the match creation until the timer expires. This creates one big queue of grouped and solo players combined. Once the hold timer expires, the Match Maker starts to create matches by pulling the biggest groups against each other from largest to smallest until it has exhausted all of the groups in queue. Odd sized teams are then filled with solo players based on a zero sum ELO from highest to lowest. Once this is complete, all of the matches are released to the dedicated game servers and the hold timer is started once again.

Couldnt find anything else than zero sum ELO. So dont really know how math is calculated or what ELO they use... And im not gonna search every topic... Lets pressure Cauldron to ask PGI?

Edited by Kotis77, 23 August 2021 - 10:10 AM.

#44 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 August 2021 - 01:33 PM

We know it doesn't work off ELO, exactly.

I've Queued Solo or in a 2-3 man and been skipped for other Solos. Now there is no way a T5 player has a higher ELO than I do... It happened to multi people as well so it's very questionable that video we've found.

As for pressuring PGI, good luck. We won't get any answers on it without engineers to look at it... Which there aren't any of and when they dk they won't be looking at FP first.

Ticket increase is probably as good as it'll get this year.

#45 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 02:56 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 August 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

We know it doesn't work off ELO, exactly.

I've Queued Solo or in a 2-3 man and been skipped for other Solos. Now there is no way a T5 player has a higher ELO than I do... It happened to multi people as well so it's very questionable that video we've found.

As for pressuring PGI, good luck. We won't get any answers on it without engineers to look at it... Which there aren't any of and when they dk they won't be looking at FP first.

Ticket increase is probably as good as it'll get this year.

Yeah everyone that plays lots of FP knows there is no matchmaker there.Unless you call first come first served a matchmaking algorithm... So whats the raised ticket count number?

Edited by Kotis77, 23 August 2021 - 03:02 PM.

#46 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 04:01 PM

@Kotis77: conquest-tickets will be raised from now 1250 to something a little bit higher.

https://mwomercs.com...or-cw-conquest/

#47 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 August 2021 - 04:10 PM

View PostKotis77, on 23 August 2021 - 02:56 PM, said:

Yeah everyone that plays lots of FP knows there is no matchmaker there.Unless you call first come first served a matchmaking algorithm... So whats the raised ticket count number?

Well it's definitely based on size of group, not who comes first.

#48 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 05:25 PM

Yes thats the only thing "matchmaker" is doing. After that its just who comes first.

#49 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:22 AM

I gotta change my mind on this. At least EU time need randomness back on matches.

There is too much puzzies stacking on def. Basic FAIT, tracker, BOMJ that cant do anything else than def. And looks like 2WAR and DSx are too pusy to go on attack. So the faction community in EU is like 50 players and 40 wants to just go defence. So the honor thing isnt gonna work. We need random back to FP.

Dont know if NA community is any better, but EU is faked up

#50 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 10:01 AM

View PostKotis77, on 26 October 2021 - 09:22 AM, said:

And looks like 2WAR and DSx are too pusy to go on attack

2WAR attacks 3 games for every 1 game we defend. The opposite of you Kotis.

#51 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:01 PM

View PostNightbird, on 26 October 2021 - 10:01 AM, said:

2WAR attacks 3 games for every 1 game we defend. The opposite of you Kotis.

I've never seen that. 90% i log in and start playing see you guys sitting in defense. Then you might switch, when you got cought sitting in def. And there is always some weird excuse why you are in def

"The opposite of you Kotis."

And this really bothers me.. Im i sitting in def so much? Can someone who plays alot say, do i play too much defense? i will try to attack more if thats the case, but i think im mostly attacking...

Edited by Kotis77, 26 October 2021 - 12:17 PM.

#52 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:19 PM

2WAR sometimes like to chill in the def... but in general they are looking for a strong opponent. It is not always possible to catch synchronization with strong opponents, that's all

#53 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:42 PM

View PostKotis77, on 26 October 2021 - 12:01 PM, said:

And this really bothers me.. Im i sitting in def so much? Can someone who plays alot say, do i play too much defense? i will try to attack more if thats the case, but i think im mostly attacking...
JINX is arguably the most respected unit in FP for now. I understand that it is unpleasant to see when strong groups are sitting in defense, but it seems to me that this does not always happen on purpose.

#54 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 04:21 PM

View PostKotis77, on 26 October 2021 - 12:01 PM, said:

I've never seen that. 90% i log in and start playing see you guys sitting in defense. Then you might switch, when you got cought sitting in def. And there is always some weird excuse why you are in def

"The opposite of you Kotis."

We attack far more often than you do, and when we see you in game, far more often we're the ones attacking and you're on defense. That you think we defend more is purely selective memory at work.

#55 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 October 2021 - 05:35 PM

Most games when I've been with 2WAR it's on attack even in smaller group numbers.

Swapping to Def only to get a match if (by some luck) the other side is actually over populated (rare).

The amount of 12mans that hide on defense is absolutely disgraceful.

#56 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 27 October 2021 - 03:35 AM

Why the hell are you lot allowed to name units, yet when I do it I get edited by Our Glorious Moderators?

#57 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:16 AM

Ok lets clear this for once. I really dont care who is right or wrong, i just wanna get bottom of this.

Guys who play EU! Yes like 50 of you guys! :D

Is JINX defending more than 2WAR?

And still i think we need to get back on random. At least it would make FP somewhat refreshing for couple of months after this couple years of defstacking

#58 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:50 AM

In eu prime I rarely see big units at all. Sometimes xx attacks some times defends... This is not special and I dont see a problem on the units side at all!

Problems that occur: overstack in weird times. There is simply no way u will get proper opposition so split up! Time of big stacks is over! (There is no evil premade u can't hunt.)
Many favor defend because esp in mixed teams it is just easier than trading or pushing g your way through choke points. This often leads to stack defends que (often with a mix of quite good solo players)
-> just make it random!!!

#59 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:58 AM

just answer the question, i wanna know :D

#60 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 02:10 AM

Idk and idc. See u both on red team alot (4 example yesterday). And since we are more or less perma IS...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users