• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 28 May 2021 - 05:58 AM

Was a one of the people who preordered then got refunded after the Epic games announcement, and waited for it to come to steam, now got it and happy haven't been disappointed in the game Or PGI. Think they are doing wondaful things and will keep supporting them.

#82 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:54 AM

I may buy when the mods that made the game fun (specifically Navid A1's mods) are fixed. I had to refund the game because I do not feel that I would enjoy the game without the mods. I heard it could take over 8 months though unless other modders pull it off. Coding hates me so I am of no help.

I am very disappointed that PGI could not pull off the MWO style Mech customization on their own.

#83 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 May 2021 - 11:01 AM

Russ and PGI... I had MW5 on Epic, only because it was not yet on Steam. Epic is horrible at releasing updates and has no customer service when you need help with game issues. Now MW5 is on Steam, i repurchased it and the Expansion to support PGI. The game plays nice and looks even better. However, what did you guys do with the mech's torso twist? ITS SO SLOW NOW! Was much smoother, faster and felt better when I played it on Epic.

Also, if you guys are not going to support the game on Steam with mod support, why is there even a Steam mods section in the game?

Some QOL things that need to be added too... when in the star map and looking to see what mission types are available in systems, why is there no info on who is offering the contract against who? Why do we have to waste money to jump to the system just to find out who's offering the contracts? There is a mod to fix this on Nexus that I can easily add if I was plying on Epic. But not on Steam Posted Image

QOL changes that need to be added for CO-OP too... please change it so the others that are not the host can tinker and customize their own mechs, go into the shops, mess with contracts and do everything the host can? Even if you have to add a enable/disable check list for the host to click on and off of the things he/she would allow the others to do... please make it happen? Its bad when the others cants even see or read the info on the star map and the host has to relay all this information to them. This makes for a very bad CO-OP experience.

ALSO... Its clear the game has been optimized for consoles and downgraded in many areas. This kills a lot of the fun that was in the game when it was just on PC. This was a massive step backward for the game. This is all due to you making it cross platform playable for CO-OP which as I already pointed it, is very much lacking.

Edited by Joe Mallad, 28 May 2021 - 11:07 AM.

#84 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 May 2021 - 11:15 AM

View PostTacoman45, on 26 May 2021 - 04:11 PM, said:

So according to the Launch Day Post, infantry are not included and will be added in later as a mod. Will this be supported on the Steam Workshop shortly after launch as it says?

yes please.. id like to know this too!

#85 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2021 - 01:21 PM

Maybe someone can enlighten me...
- how do you activate/call the artillery strike? i don't see any keybinding in the menu
- there was a 275mb patch (in epic store) just now, what was the content (hotfixes?)

#86 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 29 May 2021 - 02:08 AM

Whats that Patch today? Info somewhere?

Edit: okay the Warehouse Mechs are back but still missing 3 Atlas D in the active Hangar and their precious Tier5 Weapons btw. something good i have to say bout the update. I loove the eound of the UAC´s
make a screenshot,what i now write is very rarePosted Image : gj PGI with the Audio overhaul rally love some of the Weapons sounds,espevially the UAC´s, can i have that sound of the UAC´s here in MWO please x1k ??????

Edited by Mighty Spike, 29 May 2021 - 02:36 AM.

#87 Thalisien

Rookie

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 03:06 AM

Good luck with the launch

#88 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 May 2021 - 07:01 AM

View Post13Tradesman, on 26 May 2021 - 07:00 PM, said:

So far not happy with some of the changes to the base MW5 game...the torso twist on mechs is now slower.

-Running a 6700 XT I am now getting visual artifacts (weird grid/tile shadows appear intermittently during gameplay) these were not present before. Tried verifying install on epic...no improvement...sigh...will have to reinstall the whole thing and see if the problem persists.

-Lots of pop-in models that were not in the game before...don't tell me...was this was to optimize for xbox? Really not good right now!

-Unnecessary flash each time you select a mech...can you guys not try to hurt people's eyes for a change? It was fine before, why change that?!

-Hero Highlander now is missing textures.

Grainy appearance now even with TXAA/max anti aliasing...more jaggies overall too...you have to get really close for them to go away.

How the blazing are you experiencing these things, what settings overall, computer specs?

To be honest, I have none of those issues.
The only issue I had when I barely plyed the EGS version was the infernalistic bad optimilization for texture pop ins!
My mech looked like colorful smudged MARBEL both in-game and in mech bay.
It killed my immersion like that * snap *
I suffered stuttering.

So in MY experience its tons better.
It blows that you are suffering. I hope theres some updates, patches on the way.

Heres my specs if you are interested.

LAPTOP
Asus Processor Intel i5-7300HQ, CPU 2,50Ghz - > 3,23 Ghz
Memory: 32 GB DDR ram, 2400 Mhz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050. 15,9 GB memory 2 Gb Dedicated.
Storage: Samsung SSD 1 terra

Works like a charm, oddly enough, my wait was worth it at least..

Now MW5 on XBO... Well.. controlling the torsotwisting with a analogue stick, its something to get used to, like having WASD all in a stick.. Slower loading. Cant expect much.

BTW
Not pointing at you but there, just in general. There ARE people who want to see this game fail out of principle, no matter if its actually good, great whatever. if they felt betrayed or not dosent matter, some find pleasure in such things.
I give credit where credit is due and give constructive critiqe where needed.
Pgi did good for ONCE now.
Lets encourage that, cant let bilemakers get another crowbar to spew salt more than alredy is, and that goes to the opposite side of those who blindly praise pgi without giving critique when needed, shame!
The ravaging haters seems to wish the Battletech mw liscense should go to ea, ubi, activision etc they should be watching what they say, wish for. its M$ responsibility to hand liscence over to those they think can make it succed and for now its PGI, like it or not.

View PostReno Blade, on 28 May 2021 - 01:21 PM, said:

- how do you activate/call the artillery strike? i don't see any keybinding in the menu
- there was a 275mb patch (in epic store) just now, what was the content (hotfixes?)

Airstrikes are only avaiable in certain mission types I think.... I had this farmer defend mission and was able to give one negoation point into it.
You use it by having your preferred key assigned to it and hold it. A RED circle will appear and I tell you, the blast radius is potent!

Edited by Tordin, 29 May 2021 - 07:03 AM.

#89 NosehairOMO

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSharon, MA

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:18 AM

Get Multiplayer up and I will buy

#90 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 01:47 PM

View PostTordin, on 29 May 2021 - 07:01 AM, said:

How the blazing are you experiencing these things, what settings overall, computer specs?

So in MY experience its tons better.
It blows that you are suffering. I hope theres some updates, patches on the way.

Heres my specs if you are interested.

LAPTOP
Asus Processor Intel i5-7300HQ, CPU 2,50Ghz - > 3,23 Ghz
Memory: 32 GB DDR ram, 2400 Mhz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050. 15,9 GB memory 2 Gb Dedicated.
Storage: Samsung SSD 1 terra

Works like a charm, oddly enough, my wait was worth it at least..

Now MW5 on XBO... Well.. controlling the torsotwisting with a analogue stick, its something to get used to, like having WASD all in a stick.. Slower loading. Cant expect much.

BTW
Not pointing at you but there, just in general. There ARE people who want to see this game fail out of principle, no matter if its actually good, great whatever. if they felt betrayed or not dosent matter, some find pleasure in such things.
I give credit where credit is due and give constructive critiqe where needed.
Pgi did good for ONCE now.

Hello Tordin,

I'm glad you are not having quite the same number of issues that I am right now with the game.

I'm running an AMD 5600x CPU, ASUS TUF 6700XT, on a B550 Gigabyte Aorus Pro motherboard, etc...

I don't have any issue with other games right now. But to make absolutely sure it was not on my end... I reinstalled MW5 probably three times troubleshooting, removed all mods, and cleared out the appdata folder for the game... and removed any saved games. Updated AMD chipset drivers, DDU uninstalled video card drivers and clean installed the newest AMD drivers...all to no avail to fix these issues.

-So far on discord it seems others with 6000 series video cards are having similar issues with the game after the update. This is not affecting Nvidia users from what I can tell so I'm not surprised that the game is running better for you.

Please keep in mind that prior to the update (previous version) there were NO graphical issues like this. Performance was definitely more consistent with NO odd stuttering. Trees looked quite a bit better too. The in-game map was actually better in some ways before (even if I was not a fan on the round design).

Keep in mind that I purchased the game a month or two after it first came out in early 2020 and have been playing ever since...so I have been watching what changes PGI made to the game for some time now.

So for me it is very frustrating that they took something that was working better before (in a number of ways) and then made it less playable...especially after all the delays. Sure the update does add some nice features too, but when they break something like this... it is frustrating.

I know I can be critical...but it is for the sake of improvement, so they fix the game sooner rather than later, so that everyone can enjoy the game as there are others that are having multiple issues after the update as well.

When you love a franchise like MechWarrior...it does not matter who the steward of the license is or who is developing it...you want the game done right, and PGI has some work to do here.

On the MWO front I applaud them for their efforts in recent months, they are definitely moving in the right direction.

#91 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 03:17 PM

As others have said, please post the full patch notes, I want to know what all got changed, added, and improved to the base game.

#92 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 09:40 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 28 May 2021 - 01:21 PM, said:

There's an issue with the config files (possibly from mods tinkering with them previously?) that makes the airstrike keybindings not work and not show up in the menu.

%localappdata%\MW5Mercs\Saved\Config\

If you nuke that folder, the game will rebuild it with the new keybinds from this update and should work fine after that. You'll just loose your current keybind changes and other settings in the process.

#93 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 30 May 2021 - 11:23 AM

So loving both Beachhead mode and the Chemical Lasers.

Have yet to try the Super Charger.

Again, there is no reason not to port the Super Charger and the Chemical Lasers. I so want those in the game, for both IS and Clan.

#94 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 30 May 2021 - 11:16 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 27 May 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

problem is this should have been in the installer scripts and not something you have to deal with manually.

Pretty bad excuse for not being able to solve extremely simple problem by yourself. Especially when solving problem yourself takes less time than posting comment here.

#95 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 11:47 PM

View PostDivkrd, on 30 May 2021 - 11:16 PM, said:

Pretty bad excuse for not being able to solve extremely simple problem by yourself. Especially when solving problem yourself takes less time than posting comment here.

this was not one of the problems i had. the ones i had i solved and made threads for so i could tell others how i did it. and still i feel like im doing pgi's job for them. to think with all the professional game developers they have, they could do a better job than a random guy on the internet.

Edited by LordNothing, 30 May 2021 - 11:49 PM.

#96 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2021 - 12:19 AM

View Postyrrot, on 30 May 2021 - 09:40 AM, said:

There's an issue with the config files (possibly from mods tinkering with them previously?) that makes the airstrike keybindings not work and not show up in the menu.

%localappdata%\MW5Mercs\Saved\Config\

If you nuke that folder, the game will rebuild it with the new keybinds from this update and should work fine after that. You'll just loose your current keybind changes and other settings in the process.

Cool. This fixed it. I had to delete the input ini. And now i see keys for airstrike, masc, ecm and so on.

#97 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 07:48 AM

View PostLance McRaven, on 26 May 2021 - 05:11 PM, said:

So, I have been playing Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries since it came out on Epic. Tonight, I went to load it, and it said it was running an update and would start following it. After the update it keeps telling me it can't load, needs Microsoft Visual C and runtime. HELP!!!!!

A fix for this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope this helps all who had the same problem like I did.

https://support.micr...ff-95f26a218cc0

Edited by KH Slaine, 31 May 2021 - 07:51 AM.

#98 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,405 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 31 May 2021 - 07:01 PM

MWO should also implement a colored artillery blast radius circle as a brief warning before artillery strike, just like MW5.
Especially if artillery strike is BEHIND you in MWO, you cannot see it coming!

View PostTordin, on 29 May 2021 - 07:01 AM, said:

...Airstrikes ...A RED circle will appear and I tell you, the blast radius is potent!

#99 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:55 AM

View Postw0qj, on 31 May 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

MWO should also implement a colored artillery blast radius circle as a brief warning before artillery strike, just like MW5.
Especially if artillery strike is BEHIND you in MWO, you cannot see it coming!

when i play a BH mission, ill take a fast mech with jump jets, then i more or less ignorer all things going around me, and just hunt for the artillery.
when those are put out of actions ill return and finish the other stuff.
something i found out when you are in or can't escape a red circle, just use your jump jet it and you won't be hit.
can't say if it work with heavy and assault mech, i think it did work with an urbie mech not 100% sure there, just jump Posted Image

#100 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 June 2021 - 12:07 PM

View PostFlanking Boy, on 01 June 2021 - 08:55 AM, said:

when i play a BH mission, ill take a fast mech with jump jets, then i more or less ignorer all things going around me, and just hunt for the artillery.
when those are put out of actions ill return and finish the other stuff.
something i found out when you are in or can't escape a red circle, just use your jump jet it and you won't be hit.
can't say if it work with heavy and assault mech, i think it did work with an urbie mech not 100% sure there, just jump Posted Image

This works in MWO, too, to some extent. Basically, the explosions are going on at the surface, and you merely need to escape the blast radius of the individual explosions. Up is a shorter distance to travel than out, since all the impacts radiate to the same height, but land at different lateral positions. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users