Bombadil's Big Birthday Bash And Mechwarrior Celebration!

72 replies to this topic

#61 Krizalius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 28 May 2021 - 11:09 PM

I was not added to the list of Streamers? Again! Posted Image
Fourth time in a row

#62 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 07:25 AM

Happy Birthday! All the blessings in the universe!
Great job with MWO ! keept it up !

#63 Locked Bolt

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 04:45 PM

As my constructive criticism for this event, I think that in addition to bounties on select streamers and content creators you should have an event that goes along with it. That is only about getting kills similar to the "Kill Counter" event or the "Damage Done event". So that if you are unfortunate enough to not kill any bounty targets, you receive something for your time and effort.

#64 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 May 2021 - 12:33 AM

View PostLocked Bolt, on 29 May 2021 - 04:45 PM, said:

As my constructive criticism for this event, I think that in addition to bounties on select streamers and content creators you should have an event that goes along with it. That is only about getting kills similar to the "Kill Counter" event or the "Damage Done event". So that if you are unfortunate enough to not kill any bounty targets, you receive something for your time and effort.

<*points back to their post on 'Page 3' @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/280347-bombadils-big-birthday-bash-and-mechwarrior-celebration/page__view__findpost__p__6407254 and suggests adding a 'Like' to their post for Daeron's & Matt's references*> :o

<*also threw a 'Like' on your post too*> :)

~D. V. "You and I are thinking in basically the same vein of thought about 'Bombadil's Big Birthday Bash Event'......." Devnull

#65 Re4PeRger

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 30 May 2021 - 03:46 AM

Happy birthday, Daeron!

#66 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 01:25 PM

Too many Streamers on that list are streaming Mechwarrior 5; Mercenaries, instead of MWO.

EDIT: Strange when I search for Mechwarrior Online in Twitch I find 2 people streaming it.
On the Twitch Channel of Mechwarrior Online I see 8 people streaming it. At least half of them are on that streamer hunt list. So I have to correct my statment. Looks like enough are taking part in that streamer hunt event.

Edited by tee5, 30 May 2021 - 01:48 PM.

#67 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 10:16 PM

View PostKrizalius, on 28 May 2021 - 11:09 PM, said:

I was not added to the list of Streamers? Again! Posted Image
Fourth time in a row

This is not an automatic process. We need you to contact Daeron Katz#9864 via Discord and he'll set you up for the next event.

#68 Krizalius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 30 May 2021 - 10:33 PM

View PostEkson Valdez, on 30 May 2021 - 10:16 PM, said:

This is not an automatic process. We need you to contact Daeron Katz#9864 via Discord and he'll set you up for the next event.

I contact him.. ignored. No answer.
And send mail. Ignored

Edited by Krizalius, 30 May 2021 - 10:33 PM.

#69 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:36 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 May 2021 - 05:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

Greetings MechWarriors!

That's right, this is my Birthday weekend, which just so happens to coincide with the release of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries on Steam, GoG, and XBox, and the new DLC "Heroes of the Inner Sphere" so.....I decided to throw a party! I've been a fan of BattleTech and MechWarrior for over 36 years, and there's nothing I'd rather do this weekend than celebrate these great games with you! Starting tonight at midnight PDT (Friday May 28th 7am UTC) and through Monday night at 11:59pm PDT (Tuesday 06:59am UTC) - yes that a total of 4 days!! - every time you kill one of the Bounty Targets listed below, you will win 300 MC automatically injected into your account! But that's not all, because we're also celebrating MW5, most of the streamers below will also be giving away a Steam key for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries! I hope you enjoy this event, enjoy MWO and MW5 this weekend, and I'll see you out on the battlefields!

Happy hunting MechWarriors!
Daeron "Bombadil" Katz

Do we get the Hot Topic pewter skull ring as a cockpit item?

Edited by Ed Steele, 31 May 2021 - 01:36 AM.

#70 Redspike

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:46 PM

Happy Birthday Bombadil! Nice to have some positivity in the posts for a change. Posted Image Ignore the few naysayers - if they had something to say worth listening to then we'd all stop to listen. But strange how we're not.....

#71 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 09:17 PM

Well... 600 MC is better than 0 MC. I should have believed in my luck :)
Thanks to Daeron, Matt and PGI.

P.S. And thanks also to Dionnsai and Surn ;)

#72 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:52 AM

Happy birthday yo :)

#73 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:34 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 31 May 2021 - 09:17 PM, said:

Well... 600 MC is better than 0 MC. I should have believed in my luck Posted Image
Thanks to Daeron, Matt and PGI.

P.S. And thanks also to Dionnsai and Surn Posted Image

Glad to see someone had some luck at Target-hunting who thought they were toast. One could say that I very much envy you right now at this moment. But, it so happens that I do hope that you enjoy your (MC) that you managed to earn. :)

For PGI's reference, while it happens that I barely managed to login once during this Event's period, offline life got in the way rather instantaneously and did not even let me hit the battlefields at all. That includes the U.S.A.'s Memorial Day slapping me in the face rather harshly. If they had listened to the concern that I put in my post back on Page #3 (https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/280347-bombadils-big-birthday-bash-and-mechwarrior-celebration/page__view__findpost__p__6407254) and made this Event run a few days longer, then I might have had at least a snowball's chance in a warm city after a rain storm. Because they did not, it turned into an automatic shutout for me, which makes me reasonably sure it was that way for a lot more people. All of the various Streamers & Developers have their own real offline personal life to deal with as well, and one can be sure that they were not always online to be targeted. Further, that when they were online, the time spent online would generally not have been very long either, which severely limits any chance that there would have been a Target in a Match that got assembled. (Like, we're talking miniscule here!) I guess the lesson for me to learn here is to forget about the "Streamer & Developer Hunting" Event Type entirely, ignore any future ones that come up, and only pay attention again when they decide that making it run for at least 7 Days in total is actually a good idea. There goes me and many baskets of other people. :(

~D. V. "Glad to see someone got lucky... Upset there was not enough time/chance for almost everyone to try..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users