22 replies to this topic

#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:00 PM

View PostHedy Metal, on 03 June 2021 - 12:37 PM, said:

[Edit] Controller and other play issues aside, does anyone know why the XB1 version is so much smaller in disk space consumption? The Win edition took up over 50 GB of my SSD, but the XB version is only just over 20 GB. I'd make the obvious assumption is that there's less content for the XB1 version, but I haven't read anything that seems to confirm that. Or is it possible that space for the now released DLC was pre-allocated with the Win edition? If so, it wouldn't be the 1st time I've encountered that with a game.

id fathom to guess that its using lower quality textures or different texture formats, possibly both. its only got 12 gigs of ram shared between the cpu and video card (actually i think its an apu). might not be enough room for really high res textures.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 June 2021 - 05:21 PM.

#22 Hedy Metal

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWest Coast of Canada

Posted 03 June 2021 - 06:30 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 03 June 2021 - 05:00 PM, said:

id fathom to guess that its using lower quality textures or different texture formats, possibly both. its only got 12 gigs of ram shared between the cpu and video card (actually i think its an apu). might not be enough room for really high res textures.

Umm...the Xbox One original and S have considerably less resources than that; only 8 GB shared RAM and far less processing power. Meanwhile, the XB1 edition of MW5M doesn't specify a system requirement of an Xbox One X. So yeah, if it's supposed to be capable of running on the original XB1 hardware, smaller textures could vary well be the explanation for a much smaller disk space requirement.

#23 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:32 PM

View PostHedy Metal, on 03 June 2021 - 12:37 PM, said:

I don't know, I just dloaded it last night via XB-GamePass because its free. First thing I did was get an Atlas into some Instant Action on huge map with healthy number of foes. Torso twisting seemed about right. I did turn off some of the defaults like throttle decay and a few others I can't recall. Note I hardly spent any time with the PC version despite dloading it free from Win-GamePass, because I could never get my HOTAS (Joystick, Throttle quad + rudder pedals) optimized for it. So I can't make a performance comparison between it and the XB1 version.

I'm running it with an Xbox 1 X, so I'm wondering if the OP is running it with that edition, or an original XB1 or S? I ask because I read a number of player reviews about graphics slow down, but I never experienced any.

[Edit] Controller and other play issues aside, does anyone know why the XB1 version is so much smaller in disk space consumption? The Win edition took up over 50 GB of my SSD, but the XB version is only just over 20 GB. I'd make the obvious assumption is that there's less content for the XB1 version, but I haven't read anything that seems to confirm that. Or is it possible that space for the now released DLC was pre-allocated with the Win edition? If so, it wouldn't be the 1st time I've encountered that with a game.
I'm on the OneX. Havent upgraded to series x yet. The game really starts to chug when too many things are happening on screen, like vtols crashing and burning, tanks exploding and mechs firing explosive weapons all at once. I have an atlas D that can core other assault mechs in .01 seconds, with no pause for heat dissipation. Whenever i run it and hit a crit. The game sorta really slows way way down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users