BattleMechs

82 replies to this topic

#81 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 08:39 PM

Okay, I finally found a reliable build. It's not my favourite mech at the moment, but it works.

It has 4 LBX-2 plus a UAC20 for that final punch. It means I can engage at distance but it works best if I don't go blundering into a match against multiple opponents.

I'm now tweaking down the Heat Gen skills and boosting armour until I get the balance right. Right now I can take out another three mechs every match as long as I stick close to someone else so I don't get swamped by lights.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

#82 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 10 July 2021 - 10:27 PM

I won't, want to get rid of it? I'd gladly receive it from you, it's an awesome beast if you know how to arm it properly and team-play with it; if you don't see how great it is or could be, then you don't deserve it

#83 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 12:18 PM

View PostZordicron, on 02 June 2021 - 07:53 PM, said:

Anyway, back when it released I loaded one(or more?) of them with 4x UAC10's. Then I put a STUPID amount of tiny lasers in the arm pods. I don;t remember if you can fit 8 of them in there... maybe it was 10. Meh. Anyway, the point of those was for the lights. Lights came knocking, so yo do the elephant dance back and forth in reverse until you are against a wall. If you are lucky, the light will mess up, and you will vaporize some or all of it with your laserfists. If you aren't, at least once you are at a wall, the lights can;t be quite so bold and maybe a team mate will come help.

Just quoting myself to add to the end of the thread here, apparently a few "good players" must have found this and are running it to brutal effect in game. If you want to experiment with this, I suggest going into "training grounds" from mechlab with it and getting a feel for the heat it makes. When Clans launched, you could alpha all 4 UAC10's. Ghost heat makes that a disturbing endeavor now, but if you are fond of click-mashing, putting the 4 of them on a trigger in chainfire might be a tad better for heat issues for you. Either way, the damage burst from this is obscene. Just not a super sustainable brawl style of loadout, it still needs Surprise Atlas skills to really dole it out.

I swapped my invasion prime DWF to twin UAC10 and twin LBX20's. Gives up some range for a bit more heat control and frankly, it is a fun loadout once in a while when I feel like being extra fat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users