124 replies to this topic

#121 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:14 PM

There was no trading in the old polar.. it was just whoever had the most lurms and lights won.

#122 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:24 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 23 June 2021 - 03:31 PM, said:

That is because those new maps **** over Nascar. Thank ****.

Played new Polar twice and new Canyon twice tonight. Nascar is alive and well. These maps may have been intended to **** over Nascar, but they failed.

#123 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 June 2021 - 06:11 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 23 June 2021 - 05:24 PM, said:

Played new Polar twice and new Canyon twice tonight. Nascar is alive and well. These maps may have been intended to **** over Nascar, but they failed.

Nature Nascar always finds a way.

For real though I think that trying to force the end of Nascar with map design and uberbuffed long-range weapons is a doomed endeavor because people will just Nascar with the newly buffed weapons on the newly revamped maps. It's a player issue.

#124 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 06:19 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 June 2021 - 06:11 PM, said:

Nature Nascar always finds a way.

For real though I think that trying to force the end of Nascar with map design and uberbuffed long-range weapons is a doomed endeavor because people will just Nascar with the newly buffed weapons on the newly revamped maps. It's a player issue.

Counterpoint: I bet we'd see it a LOT less if we could choose our 'Mech after knowing the map. Rationale? I wager a lot of NASCAR happens not just because people like to shoot from the relatively safe flanks but also because a lot of players can't use their weapons unless they get closer...something that usually involves making a flanking maneuver to execute.

#125 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 June 2021 - 06:39 PM

I 'unno, I see plenty of nascaring in CW when we get quickplay maps. I think folk just don't like getting shot in the face.

~Leone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users