Beachhead Missions Are Horrible!

28 replies to this topic

#21 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 07:52 AM

I had 2 or 3 Beachhead Missions so far (1 in this current save) and you need to react immediately but most of the time it wont hit you.

I had one instance where the Lance moved through a tight ravine and all the artillery barrage came in so tight there was no space between the impact zones - simply chose what is the least amount to take then...

Also, isnt that what MASC and Supercharger are for?
To accelerate out of danger in such a case?

Edited by Thorqemada, 15 June 2021 - 07:52 AM.

#22 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 12:45 PM

In a slow, 48 kph 'Mech keep moving. It's better if you have a 64 kph assault, such as a Banshee or take a high tonnage Heavt for yourself. One thing I've discovered is if you go into a non capture city area, the artillery won't fire on you, but on capture locations, they will. It's also a good idea to destroy any inactive artillery you come across, in case they are secondaries.

#23 R I N G I N G E A R S

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 02:19 PM

My go to is a raven-H with 3 assaults(depending on tonnage limits) and bring arties. Focus on artillery cannons first. As you pass by the satellite dishes your AI pilots will take care of them so don't waste ammo on them. Try to stay away from the blue ring part of the mission until the end or you'll trigger a bunch of enemy spawns. save the arties for mission end spawn or use on clusters.

#24 Xhaleon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:09 AM

Anything 64 kph and above can dodge a single artillery strike ahead by simply running through. Don't forget about Speed Tweak though that requires a lot of Cantina grinding. The AI is smart enough to avoid them most of the time so you don't have to worry about them.

Assaults aren't explicitly necessary, its your equipment tiers and pilot skills that matter. More long range weapons, higher tier long range weapons. Of course there are those 64 kph assaults that also fit the bill like the Battlemaster. Call in those reinforcements as soon as you can and steer clear of the main base until you do. The artillery guns are targetable whenever they fire so you can in fact send your lancemates off to clear out artillery positions on their own, but it will probably be slower than doing it yourself.

#25 Violator

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 10:55 AM

Every mission is horrible.Every single one.
"Normal" missions are like playing a game where enemies come in waves and you have to clear the waves to win. I would much prefer to have no waves. Just a bunch enemies defending/assaulting the point of interest. You beat them, you win. That's it. Like playing MWO.
Beachhead is like playing another dumb minigame where you have to avoid the enemy bullets while managing to clear waves. It's like these old top down arcade airplane games. They're like the regular missions, just with an additional annoyance.
MW5 will NEVER be a decent experience unless they redesign all the missions to something more logical.

#26 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 11:23 AM

To me avoiding artillery fire seems very logical...i like them.

#27 Violator

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 11:58 PM

Yeah sure, if you like playing something that resembles an 80s arcade...

#28 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 12:46 AM

well, that i consider one of the less arcadeish elements of the game bcs modern future technology is increasingly able to predict impact zones of artillery if it gets enough data soon enough and these red impact zones are simply the visual hint to where an impact is expected - to me that is perfectly reasonable and in no way shape and form 80s arcade.

Edited by Thorqemada, 30 June 2021 - 12:46 AM.

#29 R I N G I N G E A R S

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 07:06 AM

View PostViolator, on 29 June 2021 - 10:55 AM, said:

Every mission is horrible.Every single one.
"Normal" missions are like playing a game where enemies come in waves and you have to clear the waves to win. I would much prefer to have no waves. Just a bunch enemies defending/assaulting the point of interest. You beat them, you win. That's it. Like playing MWO.
Beachhead is like playing another dumb minigame where you have to avoid the enemy bullets while managing to clear waves. It's like these old top down arcade airplane games. They're like the regular missions, just with an additional annoyance.
MW5 will NEVER be a decent experience unless they redesign all the missions to something more logical.

View PostViolator, on 29 June 2021 - 11:58 PM, said:

Yeah sure, if you like playing something that resembles an 80s arcade...

I'm a simple man. You put me in a giant mech and give me other mechs to shoot I'm pretty happy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users