3 replies to this topic

#1 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:20 PM

Before this update, I finished MW5's campaign 3 times. One stock and the other two with different mods. I have hundreds of hours of play, I guess.

I must say, the updated MW5 + DLC improved the game A LOT. Some quickies:

1- AI: much better! For starters, they can use jumpjets now. BUT... AI buddies are still a grave danger in Defense missions. They carelessly run over friendly building. I know this is not the perfect solution but... what if friendly mechs did much less impact damage to friendly buildings?

2- Spawn points: also improved. No more enemy tanks spawning right next to you. The game is still too much dependent of quantity of enemies (instead of quality). More variation of heavier tanks would be cool.

3- Cantina/Jobs/Collecting stuff: great! The game needed more things to do and more depth.

4- New weapons: those Rifles are awesome. They are the very necessary bridge between the very light Machineguns (useless if not multiple) to the heavy AC/2s (impossible to fit in lighter mechs). Bring them to MWO, please! PS: any chance of making the Medium Chemical Lasers fit in the small hardpoint?

5- Mission type: Beachhead. So far, I really liked. However, I'm still half way in the Career mode, with moderately fast mechs. In late game, this type of mission might be very complicated because you need bigger mechs to fight the opposition and those slow mechs can be massacred by the artillery... I need to test it in the future.

6- New bioma (moon-something): cool, but where is the infantry?

7- New mechs: always good. You know, there are some unseen still waiting to be released (in both MWO and MW5)... Wasp, Crusader and Longbow could be sold as a MWO/MW5 pack, what do you think? Project Phoenix 2 mech pack. Get on MWO and receive it as a DLC in MW5 (or vice versa). And if you need a medium mech for completing the 4 weight pack, the Chameleon is a good candidate.

8- New Career mode: a necessity. Thank you very much.

Overall, the game is in very good shape now. I believe it became a worthy title of the Mechwarrior series. Keep investing of it, PGI. Go ambitious with your next DLCs. Add more side quests and human-made missions. WE WANT that Clan Invasion. And, let a man dream, the MW4:M's Federated Commonwealth Civil War (where you could help decide the outcome).

Edited by Odanan, 02 June 2021 - 12:26 PM.

#2 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:51 PM

View PostOdanan, on 02 June 2021 - 12:20 PM, said:

PS: any chance of making the Medium Chemical Lasers fit in the small hardpoint?

No, you want the Short Burst Small Lasers, they are better.

View PostOdanan, on 02 June 2021 - 12:20 PM, said:

Overall, the game is in very good shape now.

No, still needs work.

#3 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:34 AM

Infantry are reportedly on hold during this release due to problems with one of the platforms handling it.

#4 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:24 AM

The reason A. I seems to still be playing wrecking ball is having you them FORM on you while passing through said, city or are on the opposite end of it.

Its much better overall though.

I usually set up one A. I for each angel around my base, then they have fun!

I agree on those mech rifles. They are like a middle gorund between a gauss and an AC. Its good they are balanced with a long reload cycle. I think you can run a Locust and Flea with the light ones? Oh the hilarity!

And pssst!
If your run out of ammo... somehow.. Get a hold on a supply/ salvage crate. You will thank me later.

I also want the Beachead artillery batteries to have shells with bigger blast radius even dmg.
If you KNOW what you are doing, its pretty easy going to avoid them. I mean theres BIG RED CIRCLE indicators everywhere. Imagine without? Bad intel, Darius style!

Also when in space biomes... need muffled sounds..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users