108 replies to this topic

#21 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 05:46 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 04 June 2021 - 07:20 PM, said:

Only works with Clan SRM6 and IS SRM4. Will not work with Artemis.

This will frustrate and confuse new players in particular. If you aren't going to make the launchers with Artemis count for this challenge it should at least be very clearly stated on the event page.

This is a great and very generous event. It however could backfire a bit in terms of new player retention if Artemis not counting isn't clarified on the event page. If new players think that the event is 'bugged', then they won't be happy. It really just needs to be clarified on the event page though; just a note under the 'Guiding Light' and 'Light the Way' quests saying that launchers with Artemis will not count towards damage dealt.

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:28 AM

That "SRM+Artemis" thing was a nasty surprise for me.

I did at least 1000 DMG, and when I checked it, I only saw 0/1000. Posted Image

#23 stripped

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 78 posts
  • LocationGermania superior

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:08 AM

View Postmartian, on 05 June 2021 - 06:28 AM, said:

That "SRM+Artemis" thing was a nasty surprise for me.

I did at least 1000 DMG, and when I checked it, I only saw 0/1000. Posted Image

Where does it state SRM + Artemis? Plains SRM4 for IS and plain SRM 6 for Clan. I misread that at first, too. :/

#24 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:08 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 04 June 2021 - 07:20 PM, said:

Only works with Clan SRM6 and IS SRM4. Will not work with Artemis.

That's...arbitrary and bad. The Clan SRM6 is kinda lousy without Artemis.

#25 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:25 AM

View PostTercieI, on 05 June 2021 - 08:08 AM, said:

That's...arbitrary and bad. The Clan SRM6 is kinda lousy without Artemis.

Those specific launchers were likely chosen since they are on the trial Jenner IIC and Commando. Still no reason to not also include Artemis or at the very least include a note in the event that spells out that the Artemis versions of the launchers will not work. This event will be especially confusing for newer players.

Edit: This is still a great and very generous event; I'm just worried that the new players that we're trying to attract to the game might get frustrated due to the lack of clarity on this. It really just needs a couple notes on the event page to fix this.

Edited by Wid1046, 05 June 2021 - 08:39 AM.

#26 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:39 AM

View PostWid1046, on 05 June 2021 - 08:25 AM, said:

Those specific launchers were likely chosen since they are on the trial Jenner IIC and Commando. Still no reason to not also include Artemis or at the very least include a note in the event that spells out that the Artemis versions of the launchers will not work. This event will be especially confusing for newer players.

That actually makes a bit of sense. And as I racked my brain the IIC divebomber and uber splat Huntsman were the only places I could ever remember seeing the clan 6 sans Artemis used. Didn't realize that was a trial now. Still...yeah, excluding Artemis seems dumb.

#27 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:21 AM

Everyone should have at least the ACH-E with 6x LMG and 2x MPL as a Light Mech so giving that one away is a very good move! Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

After getting the Javelin I can finally say : "Every day I am Javeling!" Posted Image

#28 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:28 AM

This event I just pass... With my connection light mechs are a pain. If the reward would be something else (Nova or Marauder) I may try. Also SRM-forced gameplay is not my style without Artemis...
But some engine sale would be nice parallel with this event!

#29 TunaFist88

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:49 AM

i see the Javelin -11A is a prize. medium laser boat is overall hotter s/p the recent fo-twenny patch. heat:cooldown ratio. a light mech always fights for weaponry heat vs space vs tonnage- but as stated an example 5xML w 10xDHS went from "1.5/2" heat management to 1.47/2.
-> a negligible DPS for a palpable DPH. +1 for heatlords.

#30 johnnyq666

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:59 AM

Hi, guys
wtf is "Earn UAV Locked damage"

i need to lanuch uav and sombody have to lock a missile on my uav detection?

#31 SATAN RULES

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:06 AM

Yes just launch uavs.
It is in general a good practice to have uavs equipped on every mech not only for events.That may greatly help you and your team mates..

#32 johnnyq666

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:10 AM

yyy i know i know
i just want to be sure, on this event is 190245812905819082901825 UAV in the air.... and is hard to make this ****..

#33 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:13 AM

View Poststripped, on 05 June 2021 - 08:08 AM, said:

Where does it state SRM + Artemis? Plains SRM4 for IS and plain SRM 6 for Clan. I misread that at first, too. :/

No big deal, for that part of the challenge I simply used a different 'Mech that is armed with plain SRMs.

View PostSk0lm4n, on 05 June 2021 - 09:59 AM, said:

Hi, guys
wtf is "Earn UAV Locked damage"

i need to lanuch uav and sombody have to lock a missile on my uav detection?

Essentially, yes.

For example when a friendly LRM-boat locks on a target and hits it with its missiles, while that target is being spotted by your UAV.

#34 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:28 PM

With so many UAVs flying it's easy to shoot one down too ^_^

#35 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:38 PM

The Rover, Satellite, and Dish awards from the event do not seem to be working. I've given it longer than usual after redeeming and they haven't shown up in my inventory.

e: I had the same issue with the Javelin, but relogging fixed all of them. Weird.

Edited by Kaio-Kerensky x10, 05 June 2021 - 05:25 PM.

#36 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:29 PM

Yup. Happens to me if'n I accept rewards whilst on the forum. Relogging in is the key.

~Leone.

#37 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:55 PM

View PostKaio-Kerensky x10, on 05 June 2021 - 04:38 PM, said:

e: I had the same issue with the Javelin, but relogging fixed all of them. Weird.

Depends how you define "weird". For example, I consider "weird" the fact that every single event, almost every single page in the thread has people saying "the rewards didn't appear", followed by 3 people saying "just log out and back in again". Next page? Same thing.

#38 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:12 PM

Not including Artemis launchers would seem to be an understandable oversight. Not sure the last time they had an event where you had to deal damage with a specific weapon type. It my not be flexible enough to do an either/or for two weapons. I'm sure they'll try to remember this distinction for next time.

#39 stripped

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 78 posts
  • LocationGermania superior

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:04 PM

My guess would be that PGI is looking into weapons balancing / Mech quirks again. Hence special weapon types and this is not an oversight.
The SRM part is easily done with the right Mechs.
IS: BSW-P1: https://mech.nav-alp...a15cdc3c_BSW-P1
Clan: HMN-PA: https://mech.nav-alp...d9acaa5c_HMN-PA (or you use 6 SRM6 if you do not own the Huntsman - which you should).

The Huntsman can even alpha all eight SRM 6 - if you have the heat reduction nodes activated. 98% heat, almost 100 damage points at point blank range...even the splash does not matter.
Bring a coolshot, though, so you can keep firing.

#40 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:13 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 05 June 2021 - 09:12 PM, said:

Not including Artemis launchers would seem to be an understandable oversight. Not sure the last time they had an event where you had to deal damage with a specific weapon type. It my not be flexible enough to do an either/or for two weapons. I'm sure they'll try to remember this distinction for next time.

It's not like the figures are particularly high or it's an obnoxious weapon that no one runs like LRM 5 + Artemis. Or the event with 50 damage with a flamer or whatever it was before they fixed it to something much lower. That was fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users