108 replies to this topic

#61 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:17 AM

View PostWid1046, on 07 June 2021 - 11:01 AM, said:

If even a Tier 1 player with over 3500 comments on the forums was confused by this, then how likely is it for a new or casual player to make the same mistake?

It was no big deal. Three drops in non-Artemis-SRMs 'Mech fixed it.

Just a single sentence under the 'Guiding Light' and 'Light the Way' challenges would fix this. Just say that Artemis will not count towards the challenge.

I agree that this would be a good idea.

#62 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:42 AM

Recent run on Assasin 101. Yes, instead of wanted IS SRM-4 used SRM-6+A, at least I've used ML's as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Not bad, gonna say. Posted Image

Just a single sentence under the 'Guiding Light' and 'Light the Way' challenges would fix this. Just say that Artemis will not count towards the challenge. Better yet, also point out that the trial mechs have these launchers already equipped (because while PGI always makes specific weapon challenges use weapons that are on trial mechs, new players won't know that).

Agreed.

#63 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:48 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 07 June 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

Recent run on Assasin 101. Yes, instead of wanted IS SRM-4 used SRM-6+A, at least I've used ML's as well.
Not bad, gonna say. Posted Image

Nice game. Congratulations!

#64 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 07 June 2021 - 12:27 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 06 June 2021 - 10:11 PM, said:

As much as I'd 2 free mechs....ugh....this is gonna be painful....not sure it's worth it.

Well its two wads of cbills in tiny mech form, two mechbays and for some reason a XL 255 (more cbills) , few chunks of MC - all in all not terrible especially when you consider your only required get up to like 1.5k dmg done for each of the specific weapons (IE Cerppc/CSRM6, ISML/SRM4) before you can move onto doing the other 'damage type' ones with whatever weapon your more comfortable with.

#65 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 07 June 2021 - 02:48 PM

Thanks, can sell these two mechs and use the c-bills to help configure my 668 I already own...

#66 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:00 PM

Oh wait, you're in Tier 5 ???
Barrel fishing again, may we presume :)

View PostCh_R0me, on 07 June 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

Recent run on Assasin 101. Yes, instead of wanted IS SRM-4 used SRM-6+A, at least I've used ML's as well....

#67 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:27 PM

View Postw0qj, on 07 June 2021 - 10:00 PM, said:

Oh wait, you're in Tier 5 ???
Barrel fishing again, may we presume Posted Image

Somehow I could never get back... Damn, I was previously on Tier 3 Posted Image

At least people are nice on comms. Posted Image

PS: Sometimes I'm going on Group runs with my friends, and then usually, I'm that fish... Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 07 June 2021 - 10:32 PM.

#68 II Marauder II

• PipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:11 AM

View PostSerial Number, on 05 June 2021 - 04:07 AM, said:

Another amazing UAV detection event. So fun to see lights suicide rushing to launch UAV.

If you just start working on the damage first, UAV detection and all other will naturally be done on their own....you dont need to actively do them.

#69 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 11:14 AM

View Poststripped, on 06 June 2021 - 06:19 AM, said:

Except Scouting is dead as of now...I also loved the Ice Ferret in scouting mode.

I hate the way you have to play with those... ZERO HONOR with all that running around like a wuss... Posted Image

View Postmartian, on 06 June 2021 - 06:24 AM, said:

Honestly, the challenge requirement is just a 1000 points of SRM damage (IS/Clan). Even when having SRMs as a secondary weapon on a 'Mech, that 1000 DMG is going to accumulate in the course of 30 days. No special 'Mech is really needed.

True, but help/hints/tips about some nice mechs never hurted anyone :D ;)

Unless they were LURM ofcourse! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#70 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 08 June 2021 - 11:48 AM

I appreciate the mechs very much. I do have one small suggestion for the future -- the clan missile spread is worse than IS, so it would be extra cool if in the future we had to use the smaller launcher for clan. In this case it would have been C-SRM4 and SRM6 for IS. Thanks again!

#71 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 09 June 2021 - 04:52 AM

What are the exact conditions for the "UAV Lock Damage" pls?

#72 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 09 June 2021 - 08:26 AM

Well, you need to have a friendly team mate to shoot and hit a target with LRMs using your UAV as the spotter.

#73 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 09 June 2021 - 10:40 AM

View Postw0qj, on 09 June 2021 - 08:26 AM, said:

Well, you need to have a friendly team mate to shoot and hit a target with LRMs using your UAV as the spotter.

Ah... thats why it wasn't working. I thought it was just the other way around. THX

#74 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:16 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 09 June 2021 - 04:52 AM, said:

What are the exact conditions for the "UAV Lock Damage" pls?

View PostCyrilis, on 09 June 2021 - 10:40 AM, said:

Ah... thats why it wasn't working. I thought it was just the other way around. THX

Some friendly 'Mech must lock on a target detected by your UAV and deal damage (usually with LRMs, although I would imagine that ATMs or Streak SRMs would work too).

#75 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:20 AM

View Postmartian, on 09 June 2021 - 11:16 AM, said:

Some friendly 'Mech must lock on a target detected by your UAV and deal damage (usually with LRMs, although I would imagine that ATMs or Streak SRMs would work too).

So I'm not entirely sure, but suspect that the UAV needs to be the ONLY source of target lock, which relatively negates ATMs, and completely locks out Streaks, as those weapons are much more direct-fire than LRMs, and will probably hit whatever obstacle is preventing the missile carrier from getting its own locks.

That said: it is totally possible and viable to carry your own LRMs, pop a UAV at the edge of a ridge, then sit back and lob missiles over the ridgeline, and it will still be "UAV Locked Damage". It doesn't HAVE to be someone else with the missiles, it just usually works better that way due to minimum ranges and such.

#76 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:26 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 09 June 2021 - 11:20 AM, said:

So I'm not entirely sure, but suspect that the UAV needs to be the ONLY source of target lock, which relatively negates ATMs, and completely locks out Streaks, as those weapons are much more direct-fire than LRMs, and will probably hit whatever obstacle is preventing the missile carrier from getting its own locks.

That said: it is totally possible and viable to carry your own LRMs, pop a UAV at the edge of a ridge, then sit back and lob missiles over the ridgeline, and it will still be "UAV Locked Damage". It doesn't HAVE to be someone else with the missiles, it just usually works better that way due to minimum ranges and such.

It is typical for PGI that you can not find it in the game itself ...

#77 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:44 PM

Yep, Speed of Light with IS SRM 4 is bugged for me. Took an Archer on a few matches with 9 standard SRM4's did damage and 2 hours later still shows I did 0/1000. Logged out, logged in later on and still at 0/1000. Took another mech and same thing nada.

->and now the damage appears...just post something so it makes a liar out of ya

Edited by Katrina Steiner, 09 June 2021 - 01:12 PM.

#78 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:56 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 08 June 2021 - 03:37 PM, said:

the missiles were picked so you can complete the event with trial mechs.

Ah, yes I forgot about that. Then that makes sense and was well considered by PGI. Thanks.

#79 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:58 PM

View PostKatrina Steiner, on 09 June 2021 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yep, Speed of Light with IS SRM 4 is bugged for me. Took an Archer on a few matches with 9 standard SRM4's did damage and 2 hours later still shows I did 0/1000. Logged out, logged in later on and still at 0/1000. Took another mech and same thing nada.

You make sure to take screenshots of everything? If you've got hard evidence, email it to PGI. I had one of my Clan Trial 'mech games not count (1 solo kill w/ 2 more KMDDs), and all they said was "huh, that's odd" and never went in to fix it. If it won't fix itself, though, keep on them, and make them add credit manually.

#80 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:18 PM

View PostKatrina Steiner, on 09 June 2021 - 12:44 PM, said:

->and now the damage appears...just post something so it makes a liar out of ya

Were you checking on the forums? There does seem to be a disconnect for me from forum event page to in game events page. Always corrected by relogging though.

~Leone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users