261 replies to this topic

#1 Volraththefallen

• PipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:00 PM

Even with the new maps...

Anytime I drop in solo Q I get some shots off and then all of a sudden its 8 vs 1 and im dead. I just don't understand it. 12 vs 12 is terrible. I dropped like 8 matches in a row tonight and match after match after match was just a horrible game experience.

You know what, im not going to offer any suggestions anymore on how to fix this game. I already have. Im not going to waste time in this game anymore or take it seriously ever again.

This game is a joke, and because of that, im going to treat it like a joke. Congrats on your ****** 12vs12 domination game mode where you all go to the same spot every game and drop like flies, I am sick and tired of it. Its the same ******** over and over and over again. Forget about it! Time to move on!

12vs12 and Domination game mode are the worst idea's ever conceived in a mechwarrior video game, I hope you all enjoy the random ******** scrubfest! Im playing other games! Cya!

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:12 PM

We have Solaris mode. You can 1 v 1 all you want, if you want. May take a bit to find a match though. I've noticed folk posting in faction chat to get matches, so I'd suggest giving that a go.

~Leone.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:17 PM

Can't have been too bad if you've played 1400 games in 7 months Posted Image

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:21 PM

im assuming he means more recently its become less fun, like within the last 2 months or so.

#5 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:28 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 June 2021 - 09:21 PM, said:

im assuming he means more recently its become less fun, like within the last 2 months or so.

His complaints are 12vs12 (hasn't changed), domination (hasn't changed) and snowball mechanics (getting 8vs1'ed due to bad teams, hasn't changed).

It might be more to do with him maybe hitting tier 1 recently and getting far harder games than he was used to, but that's just an semi educated guess on my part looking back at his play statistics over the months

Edited by Vxheous, 25 June 2021 - 09:30 PM.

#6 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:33 PM

View PostVxheous, on 25 June 2021 - 09:28 PM, said:

His complaints are 12vs12 (hasn't changed), domination (hasn't changed) and snowball mechanics (getting 8vs1'ed due to bad teams, hasn't changed).

It might be more to do with him maybe hitting tier 1 recently and getting far harder games than he was used to, but that's just an semi educated guess on my part looking back at his play statistics over the months

Personally, i’d have hit LFG and tried groups for awhile if that was my experience. Changes it up a bit. But yeah, if he’s burned out, he’s burned out.

#7 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:33 PM

Take a few weeks off, come back, see if it is fun again.

#8 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:45 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 25 June 2021 - 09:33 PM, said:

Personally, i’d have hit LFG and tried groups for awhile if that was my experience. Changes it up a bit. But yeah, if he’s burned out, he’s burned out.

I would say yes, but his ingame name is lonewolf so Posted Image

#9 Mech Walesa

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:48 AM

I used to play a 600-1000 games a month. Now it’s less then 200 just to get a feel of then new patch. Must be the new gf. Dunno... Maybe you should find one too?

#10 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:13 AM

OP must have been around for awhile
all I remember is 12v12

the new polar map is good it forces team work but other then that
my finger hovers over the drop button
PGI has even been cutting me some slack lately with multiple wins in a row

but the fun has been sucked out of the game
you cant even enjoy the MWO forums without the powers that be sticking it to the 30 members that are on the forums

I remember when we had 700 members on the forums
oh well maybe the caldron will find a solution

#11 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:17 AM

nothing of the stuff you have mentioned was changed by the cauldron......
It's just that returning players with real skill have overall increased the difficulty of the games in tier 1, and due to how the ranking system works, tier 1 is actually full of players that that should not even be tier 2

Edited by D A T A, 26 June 2021 - 01:17 AM.

#12 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 04:07 AM

View PostD A T A, on 26 June 2021 - 01:17 AM, said:

nothing of the stuff you have mentioned was changed by the cauldron......
It's just that returning players with real skill have overall increased the difficulty of the games in tier 1, and due to how the ranking system works, tier 1 is actually full of players that that should not even be tier 2

what do you mean? from what I gather the tier system works fairly well now? and the people in tier 1 actually do seem to belong there. I know how much work it takes to get from tier 5 back into tier 1.

the matchmaker just has some serious issues balancing out groups which is what I feel is making the game less fun in tier 1-2. Theres also serious issues with balancing tonnage (ive seen tonnage differences as high as 300 tons) which makes the game less fun at all tiers. tier 1 also adds in the additional problem of having huge disparity between low tier 1 and high tier 1 players which the matchmaker also doesnt account for.

the game pretty much never gives you two closely balanced teams anymore. one team is always heavily favored to win from the start.usually because one team either has a better group(s) or more tonnage. When a game cant consistently guarantee reasonably even matchups people definitely get upset. Thats one reason why im so critical of the game right now.

Cauldrons not responsible for any of that but I definitely dont think Cauldron should be buffing meta mechs to be even stronger. I dont agree with that at all.

Edited by Khobai, 26 June 2021 - 04:33 AM.

#13 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 26 June 2021 - 06:37 AM

If OP is referring to Friday night West Coast primetime, then yeah — that's a night with the most group influence, exposing the matchmaker's inability to handle group skill disparity. You depend on that random chance you'll be assigned to the same team the matchmaker doesn't know how to balance, so at least you'll be one of the pigs at the trough. Sometimes it's the opposite problem where a group has this one dance move it's going to do and it leaves the rest of the team hanging despite other players pleading to work together. Your best bets to keep playing as you want to play are waiting just long enough to be caught with a new pool of players in the hopes that one is better, or calling it a night with the long view that you don't want to get burned out.

#14 Nerokar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:13 AM

I am writing down the results of my latest matches (106 currently on the list). When I look down it, there are 47 matches that ended with 4 or less destroyed mechs on the winning side, while in most games losing side has (surprise) 12 destroyed mechs. Sure not all of them were so one sided stomps as they look like, but the most. In few of them numbers were even padded by kill hungry guys overheating or running in friendly line of fire to secure that last kill and being killed in result.
Only two matches ended 12 to 0

#15 Inatu Elimor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 312 posts
  • Location1.45 meters below sealevel

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:29 AM

Some suggestions. We have tons of fun in tier 4. Your problem is you are doing to well. How to get there?

*make mech building a priority. Please take your non-meta mechs and see what you can do against all odds. Now here is the real fun and challenge !
*Ignore the skilltree. Waste of time, c-bills etc.
*Be aggressive. Let them kill you early in the game. Getting rid of your aggressiveness is therapeutic.
*Get rid of your ams and all other supporting stuff. It only increases your matchscore Posted Image
*play at hours you know you get rolled. They are not hard to find; take notice of your matchscore.
*wait till you have my age (60). It's a proven tactic to get your reactiontime lowered.
*have a couple of beers. It definitly increases the fun and lowers your tier for sure !
*It' s not a problem that your teammembers suck because we at tier 4 all suck. What remains is the fun !

You are always welcome with us, cheers !

Edited by Inatu Elimor, 26 June 2021 - 08:41 AM.

#16 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:29 AM

Feels like MWO is still in Beta. Half done, and now they are coming out with updates. DCS been out longer and kicks butt, and the devs are still out trying to improve. Also, not stats to be laughed at. Community and people are very friendly. I keep uninstalling MWO, and a week later I reinstall because I am a battletech fanatic.

Edited by GuardDogg, 26 June 2021 - 09:01 AM.

#17 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:26 AM

@OP, Firstly its not SOLO que its Quick Play, or SOUP QUE with groups and soloes in the common toungue.

Could be lately most of the soloes have left town except for events giving away MC's, so mostly groups are left so that could explain the increase in difficulty.

And when the last solo has left, and their are only groups left, I wonder what will happen?

History maybe repeat itself, like it did in some other queues.

Possibly, maybe, probably. Posted Image

Edited by General Solo, 26 June 2021 - 09:37 AM.

#18 Storming Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:27 AM

View PostGuardDogg, on 26 June 2021 - 08:29 AM, said:

Feels like MWO is still in Beta. Half done, and now they are coming out with updates. DCS been out longer and kicks butt, and the devs are still out trying to improve. Also, not stats to be laughed at. Community and people are very friendly. I keep uninstalling MWO, and a week later I reinstall because I am a battletech fanatic.

Feels like an early beta game really, given its age doesnt bode well for it really. Some parts are polished to some degree the rest needs quite a bit of work.

Although probs easier to just start again really and actually (shock) develop the bloody game.

#19 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:36 AM

View PostStorming Angel, on 26 June 2021 - 09:27 AM, said:

Feels like an early beta game really, given its age doesnt bode well for it really. Some parts are polished to some degree the rest needs quite a bit of work.

Although probs easier to just start again really and actually (shock) develop the bloody game.

They have a plan to fix the game, a long list with Matchmaking, aka skillgap management last or near it.

They have it backwards imo.

I am not saying the game will be dead by the time they get to Matchmaking, aka skillgap management, but its a possibilty.

Edited by General Solo, 26 June 2021 - 09:36 AM.

#20 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:57 AM

sorry you're having a crappy time
we all know the games not perfect
but what is?

you should play other games,
I think everyone does, but I ask you to come back every once in a wile