Light Mechs Too Powerful

624 replies to this topic

#621 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 05 July 2021 - 04:54 AM

View PostLeone, on 05 July 2021 - 12:57 AM, said:

Uhhhh, have you run a stealth mech afore? That's nothing new to a skilled light pilot.

~Leone.

true but no stealth protection comes with it you might not see them but they see you

View PostMonke-, on 05 July 2021 - 01:01 AM, said:

Yes, raising the skill floor and punishing less skilled pilots is the solution to good pilots dunking on people in the Piranha.

i don't think it raises the skill floor too high, gaining basic understanding of game machanics can help greatly the sensor skill tree and help with increasing the sonor range because you need radar deprivation
after that i think we would be back here demanding the lights get smacked with the nerf bat

if the radar reducion helped refine pir player to be better killing machines ill be all for it

#622 Nerokar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:13 AM

Yesterday I was biting assault asses in my PIR-CI. But a VPR jumped on me. It hunted me down in no time. I had no chance.

How can it be that it overpowered the hero of the most overpowered chassis of the most overpowered class?!

Nerf VIPER now! It is to powerful...

#623 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:17 AM

View PostMechNexus, on 05 July 2021 - 04:39 AM, said:

But let's now compare it to a different light mech. I looked at grimmechs quickly to find the light mech that was 1) Considered B, A or S tier by it's contributors and 2) Had comparable DPS or alpha to the Awesome. I found this:

https://mech.nav-alp...c14456db_FLE-17

This had the highest DPS of all i'd found, and there were a few that did come close. However, this has significant drawbacks a more experienced light pilot would probably better qualified to talk about (holding laser burns, exposure time and range being the ones I can talk about)

Depending how you want to use it for backstabbing shoot 2-3 and then scoot

if your supporting you can try to chain or rotate your fire to control you heat gain and keep something of a constant barrage

if i were you use that mech i would swap of small pulses for normal small lasers at the cost of 0.25 damage but gain better range and less heat gain
alternativly i would go all in swap smalls for mediums and take a coolshot i would gain 5 damage (instead 4) have better range but worse heat gen

View PostNerokar, on 05 July 2021 - 05:13 AM, said:

Yesterday I was biting assault asses in my PIR-CI. But a VPR jumped on me. It hunted me down in no time. I had no chance.

How can it be that it overpowered the hero of the most overpowered chassis of the most overpowered class?!

Nerf VIPER now! It is to powerful...

unacceptable sound like you need to start a viper thread

Edited by SafeScanner, 05 July 2021 - 05:28 AM.

#624 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:51 AM

View PostMonke-, on 04 July 2021 - 08:27 AM, said:

Not to try and shame you but looking at your stats on Jarls to try gauge what tier you're in and I'd probably guess you were lower tier where even a mediocre light pilot is going to have very good matches, I'm in T1 and if I see a light just run through my team I will see them get punished, they typically don't get away without taking a good bit of damage.

It was done on my alt. which has similar stats but I'm talking about the lights specifically. https://mwomercs.com...ings-on-lights/

#625 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 06:03 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 03 July 2021 - 05:38 PM, said:

Man even light pilots are trying to explain that these are broken but nope.. these are ignored.. Fleas, Locusts, Piranhas and spiders even some slow lights are as powerful as assaults..

Are you really trying to tell us ...

... that the Spider with its pair of medium lasers ....

Posted Image

... is as powerful as the Daishi?

Posted Image

Sorry, but my experience has been different.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users