• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 13 June 2021 - 02:47 PM

View Post3RoyalStar1, on 13 June 2021 - 01:44 PM, said:

is MW5 worth getting?

Yes. It's not MWO levels of opfor. But if you wanna stomp around in coop with friend blasting apart all opposition it does offer some good times. I like MWO for the competent opfor. MW5 for the stompy awesomeness.

~Leone.

#22 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 June 2021 - 05:58 PM

is MW5 worth getting?

This is second-hand, so eat some salt, first, but the streamer I've been watching has been saying that it's great if you've got friends to play co-op with, but it's very lackluster as a single-player experience, and not worth it in his opinion if you're only going to play by yourself.

Personally, I'd keep in mind that PGI, themselves, said that they were going to rely on Modders to actually make the game anywhere close to decent, so I would keep your eye on the modding community and keep track of any mods that sound like they're adding something you expected was already a thing in-game.

From the sound of it, if you have fond nostalgic feelings of MW2, MW3, and MW4, this is going to feel like a bit of a let-down in its vanilla state, but that the laughs from running with friends are worth it.

View PostLeone, on 13 June 2021 - 02:47 PM, said:

Yes. It's not MWO levels of opfor. But if you wanna stomp around in coop with friend blasting apart all opposition it does offer some good times. I like MWO for the competent opfor. MW5 for the stompy awesomeness.

~Leone.

So near as I can gather from Critical Rocket's live streams, it's not even MW2, MW3, or MW4 levels of opfor. Comparing human and computer opponents is a bit unfair, because a computer will never live up to a human, but comparing it to past computers is a bit more honest, and it sounds (and looks) like it still falls a bit short.

The graphics are stunning, though :)

#23 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 06:50 AM

MW5 is my singleplayer MWO just with easier targets and some Poke-Mech feeling. I played the campaign once...wasn't very happy with it. Lots of unused potential.

The feeling of stomping around is good, also a bit different to MWO. It feels like ballistics have a higher dropoff so you need to aim more then in MWO.

I mostly play MW5 when I don't want to be bothered with people...like when I play a few MWO matches and only have people around me that do the lemming aka running into the enemy firing line one by one. Then I switch to MW5.

The positive part of MW5 for me is the collection of mechs and the different feeling of how you build your mechs. The new quirk system is actualy something I kinda would like in MWO? Not sure as I haven't tested it out completly but seams better then the skilltree to me.

In the end you should ask youself if you prefere real people around you or if you just want the feeling of stomping around with no one telling you what to do. For everything else MWO/MW5 are pretty much the same ^_^

#24 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 03:06 PM

View PostFrenchMadeAssassin, on 13 June 2021 - 02:30 PM, said:

Isn't the Atlas III when they moved the hip cannon to the right arm?

That started with the Atlas II Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 14 June 2021 - 05:18 PM

Paid the $ for DLC. DeInstall/Fresh install.
NON STOP errors.
Epic
Posted Image

#26 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 15 June 2021 - 01:26 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 14 June 2021 - 05:18 PM, said:

Paid the $ for DLC. DeInstall/Fresh install.
NON STOP errors.
Epic
Posted Image

All installed Mods deleted?. Had the same error message. Deleted all mods and now working fine

Edited by Mighty Spike, 15 June 2021 - 01:26 AM.

#27 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 04:50 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 15 June 2021 - 01:26 AM, said:

All installed Mods deleted?. Had the same error message. Deleted all mods and now working fine

Unfortunately yes. All mods wiped clean.

#28 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 June 2021 - 05:06 AM

Looks like you missed one. That error has only been coming up on people with remaining Mods. If you truly have all of yours deleted, then you're the first person getting that error for a different reason.

#29 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:32 AM

Please add Keybord and Mouse support for Xbox.

Thank you.

#30 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 15 June 2021 - 10:22 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 15 June 2021 - 05:06 AM, said:

Looks like you missed one. That error has only been coming up on people with remaining Mods. If you truly have all of yours deleted, then you're the first person getting that error for a different reason.

means. the mods working now again like the 110+ pilot pics and navids reloaded mod?

Edit: if no. Does anyone know any mod that runs? if yep wich ones?

Edited by Mighty Spike, 15 June 2021 - 10:25 AM.

#31 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 01:59 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 15 June 2021 - 05:06 AM, said:

Update. DeInstalled Again. Checked for folders and deleted. Runs fine full clean. Been running 12 hours now.

#32 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 15 June 2021 - 02:49 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 15 June 2021 - 04:50 AM, said:

Unfortunately yes. All mods wiped clean.

Wiped both Mods and any additional Pak files in the Pak directory? It's usually the older Pak mods we forget

#33 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 18 June 2021 - 12:26 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 15 June 2021 - 10:22 AM, said:

means. the mods working now again like the 110+ pilot pics and navids reloaded mod?

Edit: if no. Does anyone know any mod that runs? if yep wich ones?

Navids Reloaded is dead

You should look at recently updated on the Nexus mods page for MW5 and on Steam Workshop, and see if the description or comments say whether the mods are updated or not.

#34 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 11:58 AM

View PostStink Bug, on 11 June 2021 - 05:20 PM, said:

Normally I'd be annoyed at MW5 news clogging the MWO newspage, but the MW2Mercs style box art is so sweet I can't help but forgive you, PGI.

Hey I'm glad I am not the only one getting some strong MW2 Mercs vibes looking at that picture.
Now they'd better deliver, since just (mis-)using that piece of art would be unforgivable!

#35 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 06:26 AM

is MW5 worth getting?

If you are strong masochist then indeed yes it is worth of getting it. It is, without any hesitation, technically the worst MW game I have played ever. Especially A.rtificial I.mbecility is very strong here. I was laughing for the long time when my lancemates were colliding with the base (destroying about 10% of it) supposed to be guarded and prevented to be destroyed by enemy. The inverse kinematics is the another part. Of course it is not there and mechs are horribly swimming over the terrain.

This game is real "Piece of Clown Art". :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users