Jump to content

Patch Notes - 1.4.242.0 - 22-June-2021


224 replies to this topic

#221 C337Skymaster

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 863 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:59 AM

View PostYoBrainOnSlugs, on 08 July 2021 - 07:05 AM, said:

WTF. I could not even post a follow up reply from that account to you. Ugh. Well, I've already gone through and tried a number of things with no luck. From verifying game files to removing the "save games" folder and starting fresh. Still unable to achieve the max performance with all settings low as before, and it's obvious the game is running with higher res textures and object detail now. I already gave up lol. Bye MWO.


Yeah, they updated the 'mech model textures a few years ago. Something about recent 'mechs coming out with high textures, and older 'mechs being built with lower textures, so they updated the older 'mechs to the texture standard of newer 'mechs.

They also removed 32 bit support several years ago, so the game is only 64 bit, now. If that means they could bump up the textures, I'm sure they did that, at some point.

#222 YoBrainOnSlugs

    Rookie

  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:01 AM

View Postmartian, on 08 July 2021 - 08:44 AM, said:

PGI does not plan to change textures for the rest of the year.


That's unfortunate. I miss my pixelated textures and poor object detail/high fps. Not going back to 1080p tunnel vision just to play MWO. RIP

#223 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:09 AM

View PostYoBrainOnSlugs, on 08 July 2021 - 09:01 AM, said:

That's unfortunate. I miss my pixelated textures and poor object detail/high fps. Not going back to 1080p tunnel vision just to play MWO. RIP

Well, PGI upgraded 'Mech textures in Spring 2016. I guess that they will not downgrade them because of you. Posted Image

#224 YoBrainOnSlugs

    Rookie

  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:16 AM

View Postmartian, on 08 July 2021 - 09:09 AM, said:

Well, PGI upgraded 'Mech textures in Spring 2016. I guess that they will not downgrade them because of you. Posted Image


This was a change in one of the last two updates, and I don't think it comes down to actual texture change, but rather the inability to set textures and/or object detail as low as it could be previously. While it is set at "low", there is still a very noticeable visual quality increase as compared to a couple months ago. Seems the previous medium-ish quality is now the current low. Maybe I'm just bugged.

Edited by YoBrainOnSlugs, 08 July 2021 - 09:19 AM.


#225 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:19 AM

View PostYoBrainOnSlugs, on 08 July 2021 - 09:16 AM, said:

This was a change in one of the last two updates, and I don't think it comes down to actual texture change, but rather the inability to set textures and/or object detail as low as it could be previously. While it is set at "low", there is still a very noticeable quality increase as compared to a couple months ago. Seems the previous medium-ish quality is now the current low. Maybe I'm just bugged.

Can not confirm or deny, since I do not play on the lowest settings.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users