Is This A Stupid Build On A Stupid Mech?

BattleMechs

24 replies to this topic

#21 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 30 June 2021 - 01:37 AM

Thank you!!!

You might have just tipped the calculus for my upcoming purchases, and I just might buy the Charger CGR-1A1(S)!
On the hunt for +CBills cockpit items, and +XP cockpit items, since going for the Ultimate Award in the hopeful 2021 Annual (Loyalty) Awards programme.

It was a toss-up between the Evolution Ultimate Packs x2 (Charger CRG-1A1(S) + Hatamoto-Chi special variant),
http://mwomercs.com/evolution

or whether to get the IS Civil War: Escalation Ultimate Packs x2 (Nightstar NSR-9J(S) + Osiris sidekick).
http://mwomercs.com/...-war-escalation

Already got the original IS Civil War Ultimate Packs x2
http://mwomercs.com/civil-war

Thanks again!

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 30 June 2021 - 12:37 AM, said:

If you are looking for a mobile IS assault, I'd suggest the CGR-1A1
  • good mobility and speed
  • high mounted main weapons
  • good synergy of the used weapon systems
  • uses the chassis' quirks for maximum effect

#22 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 01:44 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 29 June 2021 - 07:25 PM, said:

Yes unfortunately base capping is a very, very unreliable way to win/have effect on a game as objectives are purely secondary to shooting. MWO is a FPS afterall Posted Image

That said if you have not purchased the Zeus, don't. There are better choices for Assaults.

What other Assaults do you have?

A DWF-Prime and two MCII-Bs. The Dire Wolf is painfully slow. Both of the Mad Cats are beautifully balanced and they tend to get used when I just want mechs to go out and kill.

#23 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 30 June 2021 - 01:58 AM

View PostMark Yore, on 29 June 2021 - 04:03 PM, said:

So I'm going to pick up two new Assaults while the sale is on.

I've found I don't like slow mechs and since my other three Assaults are all Clan I would like at least one IS.

I've been testing some of the recommended builds but I've ended up with one odd one - a Zeus 9S2.

I've loaded it with two ERMLs on one button and two MRM10s and two RAC2s on the other button. The lasers are mostly for poking and if I run out of ammo. The MRMs give me an early shot while the RACs are warming up and also fill the gap while they're in cooldown.

Is this a stupid build?

And what would you suggest for the better Assaults - already have a Direwolf and two Madcat IIBs (bought one and then got the freebie a week later).

Thanks!

The Build is not stupid at all but it is more a BATTLETECH build than a Mechwarrior build.
See the basic concept of Battlemechs in BATTLETECH is either that of a multipurpose one man Army or of an one in all solution for a certain branch of weaponsystems.
There are few Battlemechs that are completely singleminded as in beeing a one purpose integrated Weaponsystem.
Sadly this concept of Battlemechs does not work in the setting of MWO PGI gave us.

The way Battlemechs work in MWO calls for thinking of them as a speciallized weaponsystem with a distinct role and purpose. Like a Gun with primary and secondary firing modus.
Like the heavy weapons guy in TeamFortress or what ever specialized character you might think of.
So you have to think of a single strat that you have to make work on your mech.

Your build is too complicated along this lines of thinking.
Try something like this: ZEU-9S2 burst and twist

The idea behind it is to have a medium range support mech with a shieldside and or redundancies if you meet a super cocky enemy thinking you meight be neutralized when he takes of your primary wpns array.
So again, move as much as you can a Zeuss can not stare down enemys but it is good at torsotwisting... the most important aspect of this mech is shoot and twist. Use your MRM 60 for high density blasts at medium to short ranges around corners and twist away when the last rocket is out the tubes. Use the lasers as backup and to take out damaged parts of other Mechs or for ranged points of intrests and target tagging.(assists farming)
The empty arm is your shield draw it in front your boddy when ever you can and use the laser side to soak up damage when possible. If your MRM side gets shot of early just do it vice versa. Just poke around friendlys and corners and use the lasers to support your friends and keep enemys irritated.

Edited by The Basilisk, 30 June 2021 - 02:02 AM.

#24 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:36 AM

Zeus work well with faster weapons.. Personally there are a few IS mechs that are fast but nothing like clan.. I'd suggest using lasers maybe pulse on a Zeus not RACs.. as their armor is light.. Zeus work best as hit and run style.

Battlemasters and Awesomes are better and even Banshees can do well. Marauder II and highlanders are great and under appreciated.

#25 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 July 2021 - 03:36 AM

not sure if this builds was suggested but i find it works rather well

ZEU-9S2 (1 MRM-40 (3 1/2t ammo), 2 ER PPCs, 1 AMS (1t ammo), running LE-325 with 6 DHS and Endo)

it lacks the ballistic and that arm is stripped for tonnage but it works really well. i start a match at range with the PPCs and when things get closer that big MRM FU fist comes into play (i like the ER PPC because no min range but with the latest balance tweak i might go back to regular PPC it would also let me drop a couple heat sinks and replace the MRM 40 with 2 20s).

you could also go 2 L-PPC and 3 MRM-20s

if you still want that balistic you can swap the MRM for a single 30 launcher strip some ammo and you can fit an LB/10 with a 1.5t of ammo (though you also have to take out the AMS)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 27 July 2021 - 04:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users