#41 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 11 July 2021 - 02:18 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 July 2021 - 12:44 AM, said:

Are you kidding all of us? Have you faced a bad dose of heat stroke in the midst of this nice 2021 Beach Party which we are all having? Are you trying to troll somebody so hard that their head spins, just for the silly and insane laughs? Posted Image Posted Image

Getting past that small bout of confusion which you're causing me to have, I can seriously tell you that Mech Bays are not something one should ever want to sell. Just as an example, they can hold a second instance of a particular Variant with a different Loadout equipped and ready for you to use... something about a "One Mech Variant, Two Disciplines" kind of rule applied there. Further, if you're going into Faction Warfare stuff, that means you have the chance to use the same build twice. That's only possible when you have two physical Mechs ready to pilot with the same Loadout configured for your personal use. Take some joy in that bundle of spare Mech Bays which you have to work with, even if you already have just about every build and Variant that you want, because it gives you more ability to use and re-use your stuff! Think of the cool-as-ice positives, not the burned-out negatives!!! Posted Image Posted Image

~D. V. "Selling your Mech Bays? Has this 2021 Beach Party overheated you? There's no reason for it!" Devnull

(p.s.: For anyone wondering why I did something unusual and used double-emoji here... That was just the only way that I felt any proper emotion could be conveyed with this post.)

Yes, no joking, I have 669 mechs... and I have 20 mech bays I'm highly unlikely to fill... it might be hard to believe, but I'm a serious mech collector...

And here I thought more choices would be a good thing...

Edited by Big-G, 11 July 2021 - 05:11 PM.

#42 S e t a X

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 05:48 AM

I've returned after being absent from the game since 2015. It's incredible how much better the game is and the events are great and feels to be achievable to anyone. I got an arctic cheetah and a jenner(?) in the previous event, now I'm about to get an atlas and a ton of other stuff in the loot bags.... what's not to love?
Here's $20 for the warden pack PGI, just to show my support and appreciation. :) Keep up the good work, people can see if a developer actually cares about the game and it's community, not just milking the player base and ruin the game.

#43 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 12 July 2021 - 01:15 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 07 July 2021 - 11:45 AM, said:

ping

Hey Matt, I know this is totally off-topic but is there any chance the Cauldron could take a look at MG's and...ya know, suggest that they be nerfed into the dirt. It's kinda rediculous that even just 4 normal ones can strip away a heavy's frontal armor in seconds with little effort. Plus if I am honest, we don't need them or flamers anyway; no infantry to kill so no need for anti-infantry weapons. Now if you wanna add some AI infantry, different story, but otherwise, nope, nope and nope thank you.

#44 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:54 PM

Good to see misinformation is still one of this playerbase's primary products. MGs are nowhere near as strong as she are describing here.

#45 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 02:34 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 12 July 2021 - 02:41 PM, said:

yeah that's a real problem here. I have been downgrading my Piranha to just 4 MG's recently instead of the regular 12. It was just too easy to go face to face with heavies and ROFLstomp them. With 12 you just had to blast and assault for 0.9 seconds and they would evaporate. It's a totally broken weapon system.
Mmmm...selfbalance! [redacted]

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 13 July 2021 - 09:47 PM.

#46 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 03:31 AM

View PostAivazovsky, on 13 July 2021 - 02:34 AM, said:

View PostLockheed_, on 12 July 2021 - 02:41 PM, said:

yeah that's a real problem here. I have been downgrading my Piranha to just 4 MG's recently instead of the regular 12. It was just too easy to go face to face with heavies and ROFLstomp them. With 12 you just had to blast and assault for 0.9 seconds and they would evaporate. It's a totally broken weapon system.

Mmmm...selfbalance! [redacted]

That is exactly why posting sarcasm on the internet is considered a breach of Netiquette. Posted Image

#sarcasmlostintranslation

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 13 July 2021 - 09:47 PM.
quote cleanup

#47 MechNexus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 04:22 AM

View PostAvalon91211, on 12 July 2021 - 01:15 PM, said:

Hey Matt, I know this is totally off-topic but is there any chance the Cauldron could take a look at MG's and...ya know, suggest that they be nerfed into the dirt. It's kinda rediculous that even just 4 normal ones can strip away a heavy's frontal armor in seconds with little effort. Plus if I am honest, we don't need them or flamers anyway; no infantry to kill so no need for anti-infantry weapons. Now if you wanna add some AI infantry, different story, but otherwise, nope, nope and nope thank you.

This is straight up 100% incorrect.

#48 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 02:35 PM

Can Cauldron also fix the players ?!

I am almost to the point of saying it's useless to keep playing this game in the future... Stomp after Stomp and on my way to Tier 4 and lower! Posted Image

I bet I could even reach Tier 6 if it existed! Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 02:11 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 13 July 2021 - 04:05 PM, said:

are you asking the cauldron to fix you? Posted Image

No, to fix the rest of the player base! Posted ImagePosted Image

But tonight was more or less OK so maybe they already did it... who knows ?! Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 14 July 2021 - 02:11 PM.

#50 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 July 2021 - 03:33 PM

It would be great to see the phase 2 start this weekend instead of the middle of a week?

#51 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:20 PM

View PostBrauer, on 12 July 2021 - 07:54 PM, said:

Good to see misinformation is still one of this playerbase's primary products. MGs are nowhere near as strong as she are describing here.

View PostMechNexus, on 13 July 2021 - 04:22 AM, said:

This is straight up 100% incorrect.

When was the last time you both died to Piranha's, Cheetehs, or anything else that can carry over 4 HMGs? Oh right, you don't because you probably main them, which is why you think MGs aren't OP. Ok makes sense now.

Seriously, pull your heads from the sand. MG's need a nerf, that goes without saying. You want MGs that can punch through armor? Ask the dev's to implement AP Gauss/Magshots, then I will allow you to tear my 140 point CT out in under 10 seconds and not complain.

#52 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 08:46 PM

View PostAvalon91211, on 15 July 2021 - 01:20 PM, said:

When was the last time you both died to Piranha's, Cheetehs, or anything else that can carry over 4 HMGs? Oh right, you don't because you probably main them, which is why you think MGs aren't OP. Ok makes sense now.

Seriously, pull your heads from the sand. MG's need a nerf, that goes without saying. You want MGs that can punch through armor? Ask the dev's to implement AP Gauss/Magshots, then I will allow you to tear my 140 point CT out in under 10 seconds and not complain.

You're welcome to look up my stats. I do play lights but they are not typically my most played weight class. And anyway when I do play the Piranha I play the far superior PIR-3 over the mg variants.

#53 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 08:28 AM

Interesting!

I will do some testing with my lovely MLX-G and ACH-E to check if it's really that bad on some of the Testing Grounds mechs Posted Image

All of my mechs usually have LMG's tho, so do I really need to switch those to HMG to be able to replicate your issue ?!

View PostBrauer, on 15 July 2021 - 08:46 PM, said:

You're welcome to look up my stats. I do play lights but they are not typically my most played weight class. And anyway when I do play the Piranha I play the far superior PIR-3 over the mg variants.

+1 Posted Image

But I don't play with the Piranha a lot because that claustrophobic cockpit view is simply horrible! Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 16 July 2021 - 08:30 AM.

#54 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 05:30 PM

I'm almost done with phase one and haven't seen a single GSP reward in the loot bags.

#55 MechNexus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 03:20 AM

My main lights are the Panther and the Adder. (I'm suprised that my signature depicting Katana Kat's right PPC with a trans flag on it didn't tip you off)
And I have, indeed, died to MG piranhas and Cheetahs - however, that was purely my own fault. I know this because i've played the MG arctic cheetah (and MG javelin) and, spoiler alert, it's a bit tricky. You're squishy, need to get really close, and have to stare at your targets.

Edited by MechNexus, 17 July 2021 - 03:22 AM.

#56 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 07:27 AM

View PostHoly Jackson, on 16 July 2021 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'm almost done with phase one and haven't seen a single GSP reward in the loot bags.

That's weird :

200 GXP
200 GXP
200 GXP
100 GXP
200 GXP
200 GXP
200 GXP
200 GXP
100 GXP
400 GXP
200 GXP
400 GXP
400 GXP
100 GXP
300 GXP
400 GXP
200 GXP
300 GXP
300 GXP
300 GXP
300 GXP
200 GXP
300 GXP
100 GXP
300 GXP
300 GXP

Plenty of it in the mix here! ;)

I never use it tho so if P.G.I. can transfer the above to your account : Go ahead! :D

#57 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 09:05 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 17 July 2021 - 07:27 AM, said:

That's weird :

Plenty of it in the mix here! Posted Image

I never use it tho so if P.G.I. can transfer the above to your account : Go ahead! Posted Image

reading is cool

Possible Prizes
  • Active Premium Time
  • MC (various values)
  • C-Bills (various values)
  • GXP (various values)
  • GSP (various values)
  • C-Bill Consumables
    • Cool Shot
    • Artillery Strike
    • UAV
    • Air Strike
I have gotten several of everything else on the list, so it makes me wonder if GSP isn't actually in the loot bag list as an error.

Edited by Holy Jackson, 17 July 2021 - 09:08 AM.

#58 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:48 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 17 July 2021 - 07:27 AM, said:

That's weird :

<<< quote auto-snipped by Forums >>>

Plenty of it in the mix here! Posted Image

I never use it tho so if P.G.I. can transfer the above to your account : Go ahead! Posted Image

Just one thing... That is "General eXPerience" (GXP) which you're showing there. People are wondering what happened to the "General Skill Points" (GSP) that were supposed to be part of the Loot Bags being given. Someone might say that there is a kind of difference between the two, as one requires spending out your hard-earned (C-Bills) in order to convert the "General eXPerience" (GXP) into the "General Skill Points" (GSP) to use. On the other hand, getting Loot Bags that provide pre-made "General Skill Points" (GSP) are ready to simply use, with no further costs and/or complications meant for the player involved in the mix. This issue with resources is likely what caused the alarm/concern from other people in MWO's player base, because use of "General eXPerience" (GXP) to make any "General Skill Points" (GSP) also uses up the (C-Bills) which someone has earned from the Loot Bag Event as well. Having to use those (C-Bills) in that manner totally prevents them from being used in any other way, which takes away from any opportunity to flourish in other ways after a Loot Bag Event has happened. That makes the concerns from those who never got any "General Skill Points" (GSP) understandable, and I am therefore left curious (both as a bystander, but also as someone who has not opened any of their own Loot Bags as of yet) if those at PGI who made this Event will come back with any response to this matter. :o

~D. V. "GXP? GSP? I think they're different currencies, with one being more costly?" Devnull

(p.s.: Sorry if the formatting on certain words seems a little extreme... I'm trying to make the context of this post easy for people to discern for some time to come.)

#59 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:02 AM

Thank you DV.

I am curious if anybody else has gotten GSP from their loot bags. It is possible that the RNG just hates me, but the obvious test would be to see if other players are getting GSP in their bags or not. If nobody is getting any, then it's probably not it the bag prize list as advertised.

Let me know if you've gotten GSP (not GXP) in your bags!

Edited by Holy Jackson, 19 July 2021 - 11:02 AM.

#60 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:03 PM

I get an island!
Another Island!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users