Mw5 July 7Th Patch Notes

34 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 11:16 AM

UPDATE: The UI issue that caused the inventory count of an item to go to zero after equipping an item on your 'Mech, regardless of how many were in your inventory, HAS BEEN FIXED. This was a UI issue and it didn't actually remove any of your equipment.

Greetings Mercenaries!

Today we bring another patch to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and the DLC "Heroes of the Inner Sphere". A few of the highlights are as follows:

GENERAL

• Added a feature where Repair 'Mech will now replace destroyed equipment with the exact same item from your inventory if available.
  • Fixed a bug where projectile explosions did not destroy nearby destructible.
  • Fixed a bug in the first wave of one of the "Black Harvest" missions where a Blackjack BJ-1 would often get stuck in the rocks preventing mission progression.
  • Fixed a bug where the target structure was hidden under terrain.

PC

• Fixed unlocking achievements on Microsoft Game Pass PC when not logged into Xbox Live.

EGS

• Fixed a bug where the social box didn't appear until you connected online.

XBOX

• Fixed a bug where DLC is available through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Cloud Gaming Beta.
  • Updated splash screen image.

MODS

• The Infantry mod has been uploaded to Steam and EGS.
  • The VR Plugins have been reenabled in the Editor. This should allow Mod Builders to continue creating VR-related mods and will enable users to explicitly enable VR support when desired, rather than the game auto-launching any installed VR software.
  • Fixed a bug where saving certain BP Assets to a Mod crashed the Mod Editor.

We hope you continue to enjoy MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and "Heroes of the Inner Sphere", and as always if you have any technical issues or bugs to report, be sure to email support@mw5mercs.com or contact us in the MechWarrior Discord Server in the appropriate channels.

The MechWarrior 5 Team

PURCHASE MW5 MERCS HERE

#2 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 07 July 2021 - 12:53 PM

So.. a mediocre, at best, patch that doesn't really add anything of value. That will probably set modders back yet again, and a "mod" that was actually an announced feature before launch, that was cut last minute because of performance issues.

Seems par for the course at this point.

#3 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 01:05 PM

Doesn't MW5 have its own site where its patchnotes can be found? I saw the headline and was excited thinking MWO had an extra patch only to see oh this is for MW5 Posted Image

#4 Fherot

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:28 PM

Wrong website.

#5 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:39 PM

Anyone else getting the bug where if you try and refit a mech your inv of the item goes to 0? Fun trying to put 5 HS in ive had to rest the mech lab 20 times.

#6 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 03:26 PM

Yeah...after the new patch I now see an annoying issue in mechlab with replacing equipment...very bizarre..sometimes it will remove all available quantity for replacement. I have a whole bunch of heatsinks and it shows them all used up after adding just one to the mech. This bug forces you to replace equipment in multiple repairs...atm. I hope they fix this soon...I will contact tech support.

I hope they start working on performance issues...it is great that the AMD RX 6000 series texture/z shader bug was fixed in an optional AMD driver update, thanks.

EDIT: Thanks for the patch (mostly) PGI performance is DEFINITELY better.

Just a couple recommendations to improve performance further...we don't necessarily need to see 100% crisp ground textures 2000 meters + away...it appears unnatural anyway. MW5 really needs to implement depth of field blur for distant landscapes...so textures will sharpen more on zoom/approach. Also reducing the number of identical trees in maps will help...thanks

Edited by 13Tradesman, 07 July 2021 - 03:58 PM.

#7 Duskwing

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 03:32 PM

Yes! Infantry! I don't care if it's buggy, untested beta whatever-a-thingy, Mechwarrior need a total war experience with piles of bodies on the field!... And it includes waves upon waves of Capellan infantry getting squished, whether you're cheering them or not... ; )

#8 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 03:44 PM

Yes there is DEF something jacked up with the mech lab. Adds or subtracts random amounts of the specified item so if you are putting 3 lv 1 lasers in it will bug out on the number you have and you will have to start over. OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN !

#9 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 July 2021 - 05:32 PM

View PostLizardman from Hollywood, on 07 July 2021 - 02:39 PM, said:

Anyone else getting the bug where if you try and refit a mech your inv of the item goes to 0? Fun trying to put 5 HS in ive had to rest the mech lab 20 times.

I am having these issues as well.

#10 Smokeviper

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 07 July 2021 - 05:51 PM

You forgot to put this feature in your patch notes "Allows one weapon or equipment to be placed on mech, sets remaining amount in inventory to 0"

Great patch, makes the game unplayable.

Edited by Smokeviper, 07 July 2021 - 06:10 PM.

#11 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 July 2021 - 09:38 PM

Man this game is too good.. I said a lot of bad about it but after nearly 100 hours in it, it blows MWO out of the water... Such a great game imo..

I hope i play it for another 100 hours at least. PGI please add more content DLC i'll snap them up asap.

Should have been on steam at release though it would have done so much better.

View PostSmokeviper, on 07 July 2021 - 05:51 PM, said:

You forgot to put this feature in your patch notes "Allows one weapon or equipment to be placed on mech, sets remaining amount in inventory to 0"

Great patch, makes the game unplayable.

There is a mod to fix it already..
https://steamcommuni.../?id=2540464696Posted Image

Edited by MechaGnome, 07 July 2021 - 09:44 PM.

#12 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 11:11 PM

I thought at first this was another MWO patch... :D

Here is the link to the MW5mercs.com patchnote page but it is pretty much hidden from being obvious when you enter the mainpage:
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - MW5 JULY 7th Patch Notes (mw5mercs.com)

They bring these notes here bcs some/more people visit this place and expect them to be mentioned here...

Edited by Thorqemada, 07 July 2021 - 11:11 PM.

#13 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:24 AM

You probably need to start a new save when you add mods bcs they wont be added to existing saves?

#14 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:30 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 08 July 2021 - 12:24 AM, said:

You probably need to start a new save when you add mods bcs they wont be added to existing saves?

Due to my experience with mods, I find this highly unlikely. Mods, while active, are active no matter what savegame you load.

#15 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:34 AM

That would be nice...

#16 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 01:47 AM

I honestly would have rather waited for the UI fix than to release the patch bcs if you build a new loadout it is annoying past any limit.

Yeah - the mod-fix does fix it but how many people will know there is a temporal mod-fix for that?

PS: Which btw shows that the Nexus Mods seem to work for the GoG.com Version of the game...

Edited by Thorqemada, 08 July 2021 - 01:52 AM.

#17 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 03:18 AM

Ah, maybe i should post it here how the 2 mods be named you want to install:
On Nexus the infantry mod is called "Enable Infantry" so its probably called on Steam too...
And the Mechlab mod/fix is called "Temp Mechlab Equip Fix"

PS: There is also the "Infantry Outline Remover" mod made available on Nexus...

Edited by Thorqemada, 08 July 2021 - 09:47 AM.

#18 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 06:41 AM

@PGI Its honestly pretty sad that you have to continually rely on your playerbase to save your asses. I mean constantly. Now that Covid is done MWO would be back to 5+ min cues without all the Cauldrons work. And this Hero dropping a same day mod to fix this bug that made MW5 completely unplayable while I guess you guys are twiddling your thumbs. You should feel ashamed, you don't deserve the quality and dedication of your community. I keep hoping that one day you will realize this but I'm starting to lose hope.

#19 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:01 AM

View PostRipper X, on 07 July 2021 - 05:32 PM, said:

I am having these issues as well.

yea,me to since today...pretty annoying

Btw. Nice thing you Guys add new Weapon types in MW5 BUT Could you please reduce the appearence of the new Stream sRM´s at all market places ?
Now the standard SRM with or without Artemis are tooooooooooooo rare. Was jumping from market to market for few million c bills to find 1 !!!lv4 SRM5+A. The stream SRM are now too numerous
The stream sRM´s have their place in the game but i prefer the standard ones but they are now really to hard to find. Also in the rewards for the Jobs in the bar.You get stream srm permanently.
To get a lv5 SRM6 artemis is nearly a wonder. I am pretty far in the campaign and have enough of the "good stuff like lv5 LBX SD, UAC5 lv5 AC10 lv5 and both AC20 BF and standard but lv5 standard SRM^^ stream srm apear way to often now

Edited by Mighty Spike, 08 July 2021 - 08:08 AM.

#20 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:49 AM

Oh well, now that i have taken a look into the Nexus Mod section i cant enjoy my Vanilla Campaign any longer... :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users