• Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:35 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 July 2021 - 08:18 AM, said:

[Redacted]
[color="#eeeeee"]C-Heavy Medium Laser:[/color]
  • [color="#eeeeee"]Cooldown decreased to 4.2 (from 5)[/color]
  • [color="#eeeeee"]Laser Duration decreased to 1.25 (from 1.3)[/color]
[color="#eeeeee"]The clan heavy medium laser still remains a tangent weapon compared to the clan ER medium and clan medium pulse lasers. While the ER medium laser has less damage, more range and less heat. The clan medium pulse laser has faster recycle time , less range, and more damage. But the heavy medium is hindered by its high cooldown and duration. Making the damage output of the weapon very unappealing. In this patch we seek to make the heavy medium laser more attractive with the changes to cooldown and laser duration.[/color]
[Redacted]

Cooldown and duration are not where the Heavy Mediums are failing. These buffs will just make them more like a worse version of the ER Medium and won't noticeably affect how bad they currently are.

The two main problems are that they don't have an advantage for high alpha (they do 40 damage without ghost heat while ER Mediums do 39.5. Also, ERMLs pass HMLs in alpha after 274 meters due to damage drop off). And unlike most clan lasers, their damage to heat was never changed.

With the current patch, here is how damage to heat ratio has improved for a few clan lasers:
cERML: 14.5% increase
cMLP: 14.7% increase
cERLL: 27.1% increase
cHLL: 24.1% increase
cHML: 0.0% change

The Heavy Medium laser should change from doing 10 damage to doing 10.5 damage. This would give it a max alpha of 42 (ERMLs will only pass them in damage past 286 meters) and would improve their damage/heat ratio by 5%.

Increasing their damage to 10.5 won't make HMLs good, but it will make them less terrible.

#22 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:42 AM

I have a very small nit pick about the Warden pack special camos. I love the look, but.....

You can't really freely change the color of the bright grid-type pattern. Its all some form of shiny.. I can't make it a deep red or black (like the HBR-F loyalty camo for example), I can only make it bright and reds look like orange. Is there any change we could look at adjusting?

Thanks for reading.

#23 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:53 AM

umm so the Dwf prime has ecm now.... miiight want to fix that.

Edited by KursedVixen, 20 July 2021 - 12:15 PM.

#24 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the spiffed up IS ER Small lasers; I use them and every little bit helps. Glanced at Canyon Water (anxious to see if heat sinks in the legs really work better) and HPG - don't see much different in HPG, maybe new lights will help.

#25 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:05 PM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 20 July 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

ELEMENTAL HYPE!!!!

seriously hype, just finished building my warden mechs and coloring the elementals, classic stuff $$ well spent

#26 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:17 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 20 July 2021 - 11:53 AM, said:

umm so the Dwf prime has ecm now.... miiight want to fix that.

Nice. Good catch!! So.... hotfix when? I'm starting to think we know which DWF they based the -C variant off of. They just forgot to clean up their coding afterwards. :)

#27 G2SC

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:22 PM

Yeah these elementals look so good, great work!

Just realised they can be further painted so that will take even more time to bling them up :D

Edited by G2SC, 20 July 2021 - 12:38 PM.

#28 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:54 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 July 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

Nice. Good catch!! So.... hotfix when? I'm starting to think we know which DWF they based the -C variant off of. They just forgot to clean up their coding afterwards. Posted Image
even worse it's fully functional too.

#29 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 20 July 2021 - 01:30 PM

View PostG2SC, on 20 July 2021 - 12:22 PM, said:

Yeah these elementals look so good, great work!

Just realised they can be further painted so that will take even more time to bling them up Posted Image

Of course. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:10 PM

Ok, one of the things I do like about this round is the heavy large laser, the heat on them is a severe ouch, so this will definitely help.

Still want to see something done with flamers, they are still so wiry of a weapon. Would love to see the MW4 type Flamer in this game: it has the range of 150m, at least one damage, and reloads like lasers. If implemented, 90% cap would still be in effect, but you have a chance to miss the shot, whereas that isn't a threat now. Heat penalty could stay to prevent over boating, but since it generated 4 heat to own mech instead of just the 1 heat it does now, it wouldn't require exponential overheat. Also, it took 2 slots up instead of 1, apply that here, and no more head hard points, also, clans could do 12 plus flamers before in this game, but in mw4, 8 was the limit due to it taking another slot...and this was only doable on supernova. The only problem in mw4 if it was a pvp game, is that there was no heat cap of 90%, and since there would be here, it shouldn't be a problem. Heat damage could be 4.5 like it is now, and reload time could be like 4 seconds as it was in mw4, longer if to prevent overuse, 4 seconds would be the reload time of the current ER Large Laser. This approach would cause the flamer to only put a mech at 90% the moment it hits, but since it would be 4 seconds before firing again, that would cause the heat to fall off since its not constant like before. So even in previous flamers, it wasn't meant to be burning for so long, but actually reloaded.

Honestly, if I had these flamers, at least I could actually deal a fair damage amount while still causing heat...(especially since unlike ECM and AMS and NARCs, there is no reward for causing a flamer overheat, not even in the form of protection bonus) although it was 4 seconds to reload in mw4 mercenaries, here they could go with 8 seconds, which is longer than even NARCs in reload time. Also, if its heat was 4 to own mech instead of 1, it would force good shots or no payoff.

To me, this would bring the flamer into a true support weapon status, as right now, it is the support of support weapons like mg, it is the only weapon class that does damage that cannot stand alone when boated unlike literally all the other weapons, even er micro laser can be alone, and it's less tonnage.

I just did a test with 8 ER Medium lasers that would cause same heat to mech as proposed, and it gets your own mech up to 56% heat...but ER Medium Laser heat penalty is at 6 weapons, and with the flamer at 4, this would cause overheat to self, but at least it would be an even trade for heat and damage vs now where you get literally nothing. So to put someone at 90% in this case would mean shutting yourself down too, but flamer chain-fire would now be possible. Also, light mechs that used to overwhelm with flamers would be more hurt by this and would automatically prevent over boating since now heat would be 4 per flamer.

I want Flamers...not a Torcher or a Propane Torch...Every other weapon is easy enough to use and get results from, but not the flamer, you have to work for every shutdown, assuming you don't get blasted before you even get a chance to use it, and because it causes so much heat to self, main weapons don't really work with flamers, thus why many flamer builds only have mg or a few lasers or bigger ballistics because otherwise its much too hot.

#31 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:12 PM

Honestly, leave the ECM on the Prime. It's hardly gamebreaking and helps alleviate P2W accusations that may occur with the Dire C being behind a paywall right now. Also the Dire is probably getting buffed anyway with the cauldron quirk pass, so might as well just make this part of it.

Edited by Evan20k, 20 July 2021 - 02:16 PM.

#32 Splitcart

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:49 PM

View PostSockSlayer, on 20 July 2021 - 02:10 PM, said:

*snip* ...flamers...

While reading your post I had an idea pop into my head, it’s a completely different direction, but would it be possible for flamers to do bonus damage to overheating mechs (without complete coding redesigns)? Whether it triggers at 90% (heat generation stops and bonus damage begins), or at 100%+ (allows for more counter-play by the person getting flamed (“if I don’t overheat myself he still can’t really hurt me”)), I think that sounds kinda fun.

#33 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:50 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 July 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

I have a very small nit pick about the Warden pack special camos. I love the look, but.....

You can't really freely change the color of the bright grid-type pattern. Its all some form of shiny.. I can't make it a deep red or black (like the HBR-F loyalty camo for example), I can only make it bright and reds look like orange. Is there any change we could look at adjusting?

Thanks for reading.

Shiny is part of the skin, if you want something dim you can always one-shot a different skin. This has been a part of (L) mech skins and some (S) skins for a long time, I always one-shot a different camo if it sticks out too much.

#34 Poseidolon

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:27 PM

I put a Narc in the headslot of the new Direwolf, the special version, and it will not fire. The cooldown activates, but no projectile is visible and the ammo does not lower.

Build critiques aside, that is a problem.

If this is the wrong forum for this, I apologise.

#35 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 04:19 PM

First off, why arent you fixing Alpine peaks. It is so one sided each map. And second. Why cant you fix the anni's narc problem. The mean baby flaps just DISSAPEAR.

#36 DeltaWhite

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 20 July 2021 - 04:32 PM

Instead of adding cosmetics to Canyon network, better add this 4 ramps for perfection

https://mwomercs.com...n/#entry6417667

#37 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 July 2021 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

ATMs could really benefit from a change like this, as they are worse in almost all situations than cLRMs, especially their usability, post weapon patch damage nerf. I mean, they'd still generally be worse in most cases, but not quite as bad they are now.

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 20 July 2021 - 04:53 PM.

#38 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 04:53 PM

Slightly concerned about the IS ERL, and LPPc buffs, as well as the size of the CHML buffs, but overall I am very happy with this patch. I'll keep an eye on those weapons to see how things play out.

I'm a little confused about the JJ changes, I was expecting a direct buff to JJs for specific tonnages, to flatten out the performance curve. Isn't this just buffed jumpjets for all mechs, even if it is intended to affect certain tonanges more than others?

#39 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 05:06 PM

Please tell me the change to HPG is going to be adding a lap counter.

#40 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 July 2021 - 05:28 PM

View PostCoffeeghoul, on 20 July 2021 - 10:56 AM, said:

I encounter some issues after the patch. I was unable to play so far. - the game crashes frequently - drag and drop in the Mech lab does not work properly anymore. Equipment is sometimes lost through the process and has to be picked up again.

If you are in full screen try windowed borderless.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users