Patch Notes - 1.4.244.0 - 20-July-2021

161 replies to this topic

#41 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 July 2021 - 05:35 PM

View Postsuffocater, on 20 July 2021 - 11:11 AM, said:

Did I miss something, or did the DWF-Prime really get ECM in the CT now? Bug?
bug, probably code left over by the person who used it as a base to make the C

Edited by KursedVixen, 20 July 2021 - 05:36 PM.

#42 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 05:51 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 20 July 2021 - 04:19 PM, said:

First off, why arent you fixing Alpine peaks. It is so one sided each map. And second. Why cant you fix the anni's narc problem. The mean baby flaps just DISSAPEAR.

i think the real problem here is that you put NARC on a mean baby.

#43 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 06:31 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 20 July 2021 - 04:19 PM, said:

First off, why arent you fixing Alpine peaks. It is so one sided each map. And second. Why cant you fix the anni's narc problem. The mean baby flaps just DISSAPEAR.

I can't because I already fixed the Anni's Narc problem months ago.

And yes, the DWF-C narc issue and the DWF-Prime ecm issue are both known, and a fix will be coming.

#44 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 July 2021 - 06:49 PM

You heard the man get your DWF-Prime with an ecm in for a limited time Posted Image

Edited by KursedVixen, 20 July 2021 - 09:42 PM.

#45 Poseidolon

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:28 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 20 July 2021 - 03:46 PM, said:

it's a known issue mentioned in the patch notes.

Thank you. I must have missed it.

#46 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:18 PM

i ******* love the elementals. they are so cute.

#47 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 10:41 PM

My suggestion for an Inner Sphere Booster Pack Bolt-On:
Posted Image
PGI, please make it happen.

#48 Lepestok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:09 PM

Why the next map HPG? She's perfect. Remake the old Terra terma! Bring back the ring battles!
The patch is good, but I will miss the gasoline stains on the water.

Edited by Lepestok, 21 July 2021 - 12:08 AM.

#49 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 July 2021 - 12:26 AM

Didn't notice the SRM head on the DWF-C. Seems like something that will go on my brawl Ultraviolet shortly Posted Image

View PostKH Slaine, on 20 July 2021 - 10:49 AM, said:

C-bill boosted items should be labeled as such in mech lab.

Preferably with an icon, yes. Ideally, have a dropdown filter that allows selecting ONLY boosted items, ONLY non-boosted items or both.

View PostMark Nicholson, on 20 July 2021 - 06:31 PM, said:

And yes, the DWF-C narc issue and the DWF-Prime ecm issue are both known, and a fix will be coming.
So... can we mess around with an ECM DWF Prime for now, or would it be considered an exploit and punishable?

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 July 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

You can't really freely change the color of the bright grid-type pattern. Its all some form of shiny.. I can't make it a deep red or black (like the HBR-F loyalty camo for example), I can only make it bright and reds look like orange. Is there any change we could look at adjusting?

Looks like it's a fullbright, possibly to do with the tron lines:
Posted Image

Edited by Horseman, 21 July 2021 - 01:03 AM.

#50 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 01:08 AM

NGNGTV while streaming discusses the patch with Navida1 and later PGI - starts around 1:12h mark

Patch Day I think / #veteran - Twitch

#51 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 July 2021 - 01:26 AM

a fix will be coming.

Hey there, Mark! When you do the HotFix, could you please make sure it does not subtract from the Canyon Network map at all? I just checked out the changes in the Testing Grounds area, and I think that the extra water which Francois added should absolutely be kept. It's great for aesthetics, but it should also be great for gameplay in many enjoyable ways. :D

~D. V. "thinking that the newly current 2021 July state of Canyon Network is absolutely excellent" Devnull

#52 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 21 July 2021 - 01:56 AM

I love the retro wireframe appearance of the Timberwolf and Dire Whale, great to look at, but please can we have the option to drop back to a basic camouflage pattern, because they stand out in the drop zone like a sore thumb in a pie making contest!

Same goes for other special or event patterns that do not take to be recoloured due to their base skin e.g. Wolverine, Circada and Highlander event/reward mechs.

To reiterate, yes, you've done a fantastic job on the design, but in reality can we have a free option to go back to basics.

#53 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:43 AM

Please leave the Prime as it is. The whale needs all help it can get and it doesn't ruin balance I think. My personal 2 cents.

#54 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:52 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 21 July 2021 - 01:56 AM, said:

I love the retro wireframe appearance of the Timberwolf and Dire Whale, great to look at, but please can we have the option to drop back to a basic camouflage pattern, because they stand out in the drop zone like a sore thumb in a pie making contest!

Same goes for other special or event patterns that do not take to be recoloured due to their base skin e.g. Wolverine, Circada and Highlander event/reward mechs.

To reiterate, yes, you've done a fantastic job on the design, but in reality can we have a free option to go back to basics.

As with any stock camo pattern, applying another pattern will completely supersede the pattern existing on the current 'mech. In particular, faction camo patterns supersede every specialized aspect of a particular 'mech skin (i.e.: the loyalty 'mechs from the first wave of Clan 'mechs, that had that funny cellular-looking armor, kept that cellular look with all base camo patterns, despite a full color swap, but the faction camos overrode even that cellular look, in addition to the colors).

And as for "Free": a one-shot basic pattern will cost you 75 MC, and a one-shot Faction pattern will cost you 150 MC. 10 times that for unlockable patterns. With the current Loot Bag event ongoing, 150 MC (to one-shot both Tron 'mechs) is reasonably expected over the course of 350 loot bags.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 21 July 2021 - 02:56 AM.

#55 evlkenevl

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:27 AM

The very first thing people were going to want to do on the warden pack camo is change the line color. The stalker default camo has a thin colorable line. Why not like that? I don't care about brightness because now I have no CLU.

Edited by evlkenevl, 21 July 2021 - 05:31 AM.

#56 Johnny05

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 07:21 AM

The spider-5v is no longer a mech but a rocket.

I can jump from the base of Alpine to the peak in a single thrust and I love it!

#57 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:02 AM

View Postevlkenevl, on 21 July 2021 - 05:27 AM, said:

The very first thing people were going to want to do on the warden pack camo is change the line color. The stalker default camo has a thin colorable line. Why not like that? I don't care about brightness because now I have no CLU.

If someone were to drop a Warden Pack set in my hands, then I would probably do the same as well in order to reach an intended color scheme. Everyone's got their happy little choice in colors, right? That said, I do agree that the Overlay Gloss should not be designed to overpower a user's choice in colors. Things like that should be set up to work with the user, not against them. :huh:

And by the way, you got a 'Like' for the TRON-related joke there... Even with the Warden Pack hailing back to "MechWarrior 2" which many (including myself) very much enjoyed... One could say there are so few CLUs, and so little time. :P

View PostJohnny05, on 21 July 2021 - 07:21 AM, said:

The spider-5v is no longer a mech but a rocket.

I can jump from the base of Alpine to the peak in a single thrust and I love it!

Huh... I tried to do that, coming from 'J10' to 'I9', and could not make it in one jump attempt. Do you have some extra Skills applied, or did you use a different start spot to measure it? :o

View PostLockheed_, on 21 July 2021 - 08:10 AM, said:

the new water on canyon is really glitchy for me. the rippled surface texture keeps disappearing and reappearing from a distance and sometimes flickers close up

I second this, and Lockheed_ scores theirself a 'Like' over it. I'm really glad to have the added water on the map, and even think it should stay, but now that glitch needs attention too. ;)

~D. V. "Okay... Who decided for Patch v1.4.244.0 to hand me a 'conference call' from the BorderLands?" Devnull

#58 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:09 AM

Canyon Network: A River Runs Through It

#59 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:25 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 21 July 2021 - 09:09 AM, said:

Canyon Network: A River Runs Through It

Indeed, Kodan. One could even say it now has water to rival the Grand Canyon of that planet known by the name of Earth as well. And it happens that I like the Canyon Network map changes, even if I don't have those TRON-like Mechs to wander around with in it! :P

~D. V. "has no room for memes in their head when it comes to having a 'Like' of the Canyon Network changes" Devnull

#60 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 10:52 AM

View PostSplitcart, on 20 July 2021 - 02:49 PM, said:

While reading your post I had an idea pop into my head, it’s a completely different direction, but would it be possible for flamers to do bonus damage to overheating mechs (without complete coding redesigns)? Whether it triggers at 90% (heat generation stops and bonus damage begins), or at 100%+ (allows for more counter-play by the person getting flamed (“if I don’t overheat myself he still can’t really hurt me”)), I think that sounds kinda fun.

Well...so far bonus damage already happens for any mech that uses override and gets past 100%, but this only happens with energy heavy mechs, so are you saying for as you keep it at 90% cause additional damage on top of the 0.1?

A large reason for me pushing the mw4 flamer from my earlier post is to solve the following problems, light overboating as 4 heat each will be hard to use enough heat sinks even with exponential overheat gone, range shortage, and damage shortage, the overheating mechanic is strong enough, its just needs a bit more damage or range when dealing with mg types or night gyr.

A thought as well...it seems since an actual propane torcher does more heat the longer it is held in the same area, should damage increase if one manages to hold it in the same area? Seems like it should.

Edited by SockSlayer, 21 July 2021 - 11:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users