Way To Much Damage

136 replies to this topic

#1 MadBede

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 02:55 PM

Devs you vent to far with damage buffs when at same time you forgot about survi. Long range , instant damage meta is just to much. Every one carry set of lasers, PPCs on every build . Try to pick you get insta burned from 1km range. Add lights turded mobility and you get meta that murder any pleasure from playing game. ECM spam, laser spam, PPc spam, stacking bs amount of same type weapon systems to just alpha strike. Just way to much. I dont play this game for long but i think its time for me to move to another title.
Sayonara

#2 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 26 July 2021 - 02:58 PM

Weird its almost like you have to put some thought in to where you peak.

Its a PvP game... if you want a cake walk where you can burn through wave after wave of mechs with no concern, get MW5.

#3 MadBede

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:08 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 July 2021 - 02:58 PM, said:

Its a PvP game... if you want a cake walk where you can burn through wave after wave of mechs with no concern, get MW5.

So now you just come here and trying to state gid gut. Ok right, bye

#4 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:16 PM

MadBede, would it shock you to learn that in the original tabletop canon, one single AC/20 slug was potentially enough to cripple a light 'Mech? A brace of four Clan PPC shots could take limbs or torsos off of heavy 'Mechs; a Dire Wolf Prime's full alpha strike was enough to mission-kill two or even three entire enemy BattleMechs.

'Mechs in MWO are immortal thunder gods compared to the BattleTech standard. What you're seeing is what happens when somebody pokes their nose out and exposes themselves to multiple enemy units at the same time. Tank Math says that two tanks are four times as dangerous as one tank, not simply twice as dangerous - they have double the firepower and your ability to kill them is halved. No one - and I mean no one - survives standing out in front of a firing line. There's no such thing as a "pick" in MWO, unless the enemy team is carrying the Idiot Ball and feeds you a free kill. The fact that you're using MOBA terminology is quite telling. MWO does not even remotely work like a MOBA, and treating it as one will get you dead in short order.

#5 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:38 PM

View PostMadBede, on 26 July 2021 - 03:08 PM, said:

So now you just come here and trying to state gid gut. Ok right, bye

So OK, maybe we can help here. What are you doing that's getting you killed instantly? Do you have matches you've recorded?

Actually MadBede help me out on something -- in June your W/L ratio, survival rate, and K/D ratio went UP dramatically. And you're saying somehow you're experiencing this as being insta-gibbed?

#6 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:56 PM

git gud

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,368 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 04:12 PM

View Post1453 R, on 26 July 2021 - 03:16 PM, said:

MadBede, would it shock you to learn that in the original tabletop canon, one single AC/20 slug was potentially enough to cripple a light 'Mech? A brace of four Clan PPC shots could take limbs or torsos off of heavy 'Mechs; a Dire Wolf Prime's full alpha strike was enough to mission-kill two or even three entire enemy BattleMechs.

'Mechs in MWO are immortal thunder gods compared to the BattleTech standard. What you're seeing is what happens when somebody pokes their nose out and exposes themselves to multiple enemy units at the same time. Tank Math says that two tanks are four times as dangerous as one tank, not simply twice as dangerous - they have double the firepower and your ability to kill them is halved. No one - and I mean no one - survives standing out in front of a firing line. There's no such thing as a "pick" in MWO, unless the enemy team is carrying the Idiot Ball and feeds you a free kill. The fact that you're using MOBA terminology is quite telling. MWO does not even remotely work like a MOBA, and treating it as one will get you dead in short order.

What you do not realize is that the percived playtime in a table top match is much longer than a few seconds bcs each turn takes quite a while to proceed so a fight that lasts only a few rounds which is then translated into an artificial combat time by multiplying the number of turns with the set time duration per turn is many many minutes in real world time and the artifical matchtime is not the time you percive but the real world time.

If a match lasts 30 minutes real world time no matter how few or many turns that tabletop match had is a 30 minutes and this time translates into the percived surviveability of the involved Mechs - you simply feel it takes a long time to damage a Mech bcs your inner clock tells you so and that builds your expecations accordingly.

Now if a Mech goes boom in a few seconds that completely goes against your percived experience how much time it took, should take etc.

And yeah, from a 35 Alpha with Single Heat Sinks, no quirks and coolshot MWO to a 70 Alpha Double Heatsink Cooling Quirks Coolshot MWO is quite a dramatic increase in lethality!

Edited by Thorqemada, 26 July 2021 - 04:15 PM.

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,866 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 July 2021 - 04:50 PM

I’m always stunned by the folks who have a founders tag (so they paid for the game in beta in 2012) who have so few forum posts. 8 of your 11 posts have been in the past two weeks and all are negative.

so uh… welcome back I guess. The game’s changed a bit over the years, but I guess you’ve noticed. Anything we can do to put a positive spin on things?

#9 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 05:06 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 26 July 2021 - 04:50 PM, said:

I’m always stunned by the folks who have a founders tag (so they paid for the game in beta in 2012) who have so few forum posts. 8 of your 11 posts have been in the past two weeks and all are negative.

so uh… welcome back I guess. The game’s changed a bit over the years, but I guess you’ve noticed. Anything we can do to put a positive spin on things?

I'm just wondering why he feels this now when, according to his stats, he's been surviving more often and getting more kills and winning more

#10 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 05:46 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 July 2021 - 02:58 PM, said:

Cake Walk? Never read some of those who do talk about MW5?

#11 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 06:45 PM

OP's complaints and personal XP aside, the game has gotten a bit heavy on ability to alpha. My 79 point alpha on my gargoyle went from requireing a slight stagger in fireing all weapons(shorter burn lasers i put on trigger two, activate slightly after trigger one) to just point and click after this patch.

I mean, people used to complain people had 5 PPC's on a Stalker.
Awesome 8Q can fire 4 PPC without ghost heat, even now.
That isn't even close to what most people load on a heavy mech nowdays, and if they do they can fire it twice as often.

Not that I hate the game forever! or something, but it feels more and more like the goal is to treat match end like a respawn and the match should be over within five minutes.

I mean seriously, when was the last time you saw a YLW running around and people actually concerned about it? A single AC20? HAHAHAHAHA, it couldn't win a trade with a light mech anymore, armor not withstanding at point blank range. Is the game better this way? eeeehhhhh.........

#12 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:07 PM

For the month of July, as of today the OP has played 526 games with a 1.22 W/L Ratio. Of those games 368 have been with Assaults and a 1.28 W/L Ratio.

#13 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:16 PM

View PostHalf Ear, on 26 July 2021 - 07:07 PM, said:

For the month of July, as of today the OP has played 526 games with a 1.22 W/L Ratio. Of those games 368 have been with Assaults and a 1.28 W/L Ratio.

The plot thickens....

Good to be back in the frothy waters of the brown grey sea.

#14 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:13 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 26 July 2021 - 05:46 PM, said:

Cake Walk? Never read some of those who do talk about MW5?

You’re free to pick easy missions if you so choose. I’m aware it gets difficult.

#15 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:15 PM

View PostMadBede, on 26 July 2021 - 02:55 PM, said:

Devs you vent to far with damage buffs when at same time you forgot about survi. Long range , instant damage meta is just to much. Every one carry set of lasers, PPCs on every build . Try to pick you get insta burned from 1km range. Add lights turded mobility and you get meta that murder any pleasure from playing game. ECM spam, laser spam, PPc spam, stacking bs amount of same type weapon systems to just alpha strike. Just way to much. I dont play this game for long but i think its time for me to move to another title.
Sayonara

you have a +1 .22 W7L ration and crys about the Game ?go back to One Hit Killgames like CoD or use a other Mechclass as the Slow Assault(Aircraftcarrier) thats is lost without Supportfleet ,and use a fast heavy and move your Hips...You will Easy Kills like other FPS games with the Super Gun ,play other FPS Games

View PostThorqemada, on 26 July 2021 - 04:12 PM, said:

What you do not realize is that the percived playtime in a table top match is much longer than a few seconds bcs each turn takes quite a while to proceed so a fight that lasts only a few rounds which is then translated into an artificial combat time by multiplying the number of turns with the set time duration per turn is many many minutes in real world time and the artifical matchtime is not the time you percive but the real world time.

If a match lasts 30 minutes real world time no matter how few or many turns that tabletop match had is a 30 minutes and this time translates into the percived surviveability of the involved Mechs - you simply feel it takes a long time to damage a Mech bcs your inner clock tells you so and that builds your expecations accordingly.

Now if a Mech goes boom in a few seconds that completely goes against your percived experience how much time it took, should take etc.

And yeah, from a 35 Alpha with Single Heat Sinks, no quirks and coolshot MWO to a 70 Alpha Double Heatsink Cooling Quirks Coolshot MWO is quite a dramatic increase in lethality!

30 Rounds in TT is 30x10 seconds Real time =300 Seconds=5 Minutes !!!!

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 26 July 2021 - 10:26 PM.

#16 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:35 PM

Sometimes it's just easier to complain than to put in the effort to learn the game guys. Heck, sometimes it's just fun to vent. And sometimes, people lay bait, to see what they can catch.

500 games in a month in assualts, tells me he doesnt hate the game. I think he's just venting after one too many piranha bit him on his shiney metal butt plate.

#17 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:29 PM

A lot of people dunking, quite rightfully, on OP but I will say that we're had the weapon buffs but not the rescale or the quirkening yet.

#18 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 July 2021 - 12:21 AM

View PostMy Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, on 26 July 2021 - 11:29 PM, said:

A lot of people dunking, quite rightfully, on OP but I will say that we're had the weapon buffs but not the rescale or the quirkening yet.
those might help alot of people as some mechs honestly have horrible hitboxes....

#19 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 27 July 2021 - 01:00 AM

I think he wants to say: swarm of hellbringers with alfas, all games the same.

It was definitely better before cauldron updates.

By the way, is stealth daishi build a bug?

#20 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 01:49 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 July 2021 - 09:13 PM, said:

You’re free to pick easy missions if you so choose. I’m aware it gets difficult.

Except then you get into one of the criticisms of the game about it dragging on due to grinding.

It does not get difficult, it gets crazy. Actually looking at the details shows it was designed poorly. If it was designed well, there would be no damage reduction or God Mode mods but there are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users