8 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 05 August 2021 - 07:06 AM

A few days ago I was in a Pawn Shop looking at a shotgun admiring it's design when a woman walked in and asked "Is that a sword?" Yeah, I'm not joking. I didn't say it, but I thought it. (You can't possibly be that stupid.)

Well, she was serious and she thought that it might help her nephew do better if she got him a sword, after all, he just started playing Zelda and was having trouble with some of the monsters and he complained that the sword he was using was not good enough. Another clerk slipped a katana out of sight. No sale today.

#2 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 August 2021 - 10:51 PM

I feel sorry for you, Kalimaster, as from best recollection I have personally never encountered someone like that in my life. Any attempt of someone to connect real weapons like a sword with the video game issues of someone else in their mind has got one heck of a rude awakening coming their way. Heck, my mind metaphorically started climbing the walls just from looking at the preview for this thread, as I was mentally asking myself "How crazy can someone be?" in regard to that lady and her disconnect from reality. :(

From reading this, I am actually severely glad that a clerk moved an actual sword out of view. Nobody would want a sale that could potentially turn into some new piece of awful trauma on a bunch of news stations in that area. B)

EDIT :: Heck... Why didn't that lady decide to get the kid a wooden sword instead? If they're having the kind of mental twist of logic that I think they are, then they have lost something in their cranium. A wooden sword would be a far more safe option to train with, or even have a sense of what they're doing... period. And the odds of killing someone in real life – even by accident – drop to near-zero too. :blink:

~D. V. "It has to take one insane twist of thought to think that a real sword can help with a video game issue." Devnull

(p.s.: I'm currently taking this thread as actually being honestly and completely serious. If this thread is some kind of joke, as I did consider that possibility due to how completely crazy that it sounded, then consider me successfully pranked, and I'll laugh later.)

Edited by D V Devnull, 05 August 2021 - 10:59 PM.

#3 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 06 August 2021 - 08:11 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 05 August 2021 - 07:06 AM, said:

A few days ago I was in a Pawn Shop looking at a shotgun admiring it's design when a woman walked in and asked "Is that a sword?" Yeah, I'm not joking. I didn't say it, but I thought it. (You can't possibly be that stupid.)

Well, she was serious and she thought that it might help her nephew do better if she got him a sword, after all, he just started playing Zelda and was having trouble with some of the monsters and he complained that the sword he was using was not good enough. Another clerk slipped a katana out of sight. No sale today.

No it's a fish...see the big fin at its bag and the smal above its mouth...that kind tasts a bit metallic though so its more for display only....Posted Image

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 04:20 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 06 August 2021 - 08:11 AM, said:

No it's a fish...see the big fin at its bag and the smal above its mouth...that kind tasts a bit metallic though so its more for display only....Posted Image

LOL!!! :lol: ... That's one funny way to parry that lady off. :P

~D. V. "Gun? Sword? Fish? Now there's comedy!" Devnull

#5 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:38 PM

Let's just say that the elevator didn't go all the way to the top.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 06:39 PM

ive worked in a pawn shop. them places are the devils work and tend to attract the lowest dregs humanity has to offer. stupidity is guaranteed.

#7 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:43 PM

Not the sharpest sword in the rack, I guess...

#8 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 10:53 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 17 August 2021 - 01:38 PM, said:

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 18 August 2021 - 09:43 PM, said:

Not the sharpest sword in the rack, I guess...

Yep... and probably did not get the engine out of first gear either... :P

~D. V. "gets the stack of phrases in reference to mental state" Devnull

#9 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 19 August 2021 - 05:23 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 17 August 2021 - 01:38 PM, said:

There may be a Vader vor both going up or down....but no matter its gonna go to the dark side:
https://img.memecdn....r_o_365672.webp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users