• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 02:19 PM

Piranha.

Piranha.

Plz.

Fix Whale.

Either that or just go in for it and do it. The Warden Charlie's still more fun, but c'mon. Patch came and went, and we still got the poor DWF-Prime(I) hanging in limbo with ECM it doesn't technically have except it totally does. I haven't thrown the durned Magic Noseeum Box on there yet, but if'n y'all don't pull it off in the next patch, I'm just gonna assume it's a new 'feature' and start accounting for it in muh building.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 August 2021 - 03:55 PM

Yes leave it alone it's fine.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 24 August 2021 - 11:26 PM.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 06:49 PM

frankly if you paid the outrageous price for an og invasion dire whale, then you probibly deserve the hardpoint.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 August 2021 - 06:49 PM.

#4 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:18 PM

I might agree with you if it wasn't the literal definition of "Pay To Win". The DWF-Prime has no ECM - only the Invasion variant. The 'Mech available for C-bills has no ECM; the 'Mech that costs two hundred and forty IRL dollars does.

if they want to refit the DWF-Prime to carry ECM, in bizarre violation of everything they've ever held to with OmniMechs? Whatevs. But I do not like the Invasion 'Mech having an exploitative hardpoint the C-bill version does not. It needs fixing, whichever way Piranha wants it to go.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 08:38 PM

if you think an ecm hardpoint will suddenly make you do better in a dire you got another thing coming (likely a flea or commando). dwf is hard to do well in, it takes a near masochistic level of patience to git gud with it. also in this game pay to win (if that is in fact what actually happens) is something that goes away in a few months.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 August 2021 - 08:40 PM.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:29 PM

View Post1453 R, on 24 August 2021 - 07:18 PM, said:

I might agree with you if it wasn't the literal definition of "Pay To Win". The DWF-Prime has no ECM - only the Invasion variant. The 'Mech available for C-bills has no ECM; the 'Mech that costs two hundred and forty IRL dollars does.

if they want to refit the DWF-Prime to carry ECM, in bizarre violation of everything they've ever held to with OmniMechs? Whatevs. But I do not like the Invasion 'Mech having an exploitative hardpoint the C-bill version does not. It needs fixing, whichever way Piranha wants it to go.

We have to see dires winning right now it's just pay to pay lol. I vote for ecm to be added to the prime or another name if it help for lore reasons.

#7 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 02:07 AM

Well that was 240$ for a lots of mechs not just 1 and wouldn't call it P2W cause its not superior to every other mech in the game, just different.

#8 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 25 August 2021 - 06:26 AM

all DWF Prime still have ECM

good

leave it that way

Edited by D A T A, 25 August 2021 - 06:26 AM.

#9 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,573 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 August 2021 - 06:53 AM

1. Since MWO does not allow user-removable Jump Jets, for Blood Asp BAS-A / BAS-B, there's Jump Jet version, and one without Jump Jet. Guess DWF-C vs DWF-Prime is in a similar situation.

2. I'm about to pull the trigger for Clan Wave I.
https://mwomercs.com/clans

Was sitting on the fence, but the DWF-Prime(I) just passed by, bumped me over the edge Posted Image

Now I'm debating whether or not to get Clan Wave II, for that MDD-Prime(I) !
https://mwomercs.com/wavetwo

Edited by w0qj, 25 August 2021 - 06:57 AM.

#10 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 06:57 AM

View Postw0qj, on 25 August 2021 - 06:53 AM, said:

I'm about to pull the trigger for Clan Wave I.
https://mwomercs.com/clans

Was sitting on the fence, but the DWF-Prime(I) just passed by, bumped me over the edge Posted Image

Now I'm debating whether or not to get Clan Wave II, for that MDD-Prime(I) !
https://mwomercs.com/wavetwo

Do NOT buy Wave I based solely on the Whale Prime(I) having ECM. Piranha already called that out as a Known Issue in their July patch notes. I would not expect it to remain, especially since turning their screwup into a 'New Feature' would open the door to "fixing" any old crap 'Mech they felt like just by slapping the Jesus Box on it. I am fully expecting them to pull the ECM off the durned thing, it's just apparently a lower priority than I thought.

#11 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 07:56 AM

Yeah, don't buy it just because it has ecm. It's a known issue. It's being removed, again. The fix was unknowingly overwritten.

#12 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 08:06 AM

Thank you for the update, Mark. Good to know where the team's at.

#13 ghostrider

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 12:56 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 25 August 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Yeah, don't buy it just because it has ecm. It's a known issue. It's being removed, again. The fix was unknowingly overwritten.

Damnit i bought one yesterday..mah CBills nooo!

#14 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 01:48 PM

C-bills come and C-bills go. The thing is still immensely destructive, and it just got some minor-but-still-nice durability quirks. You can fit the Meta Gigaspike Build purely in the Prime's arms, benefitting from the heat reduction quirks in the prime's side torsos and the So8 ballistic cooldown. Dire Whales don't tend to lose arms before they lose shoulders, at least in my play experience with them (which is admittedly only recent and relatively scant, since the Warden pack dropped), though you lose some of the utility of having higher torso mounts for long-range pokery.

It's perfectly viable without the ECM. Just sucks that people keep getting suckered by that fake hardpoint.

#15 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 August 2021 - 02:02 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 25 August 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Dumb :(

RAM
ELH

#16 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 03:01 AM

The Dire Wolf was actually $120. The Warhawk was $240.

Still a chunk of change though Posted Image

Edited by TELEFORCE, 29 August 2021 - 03:02 AM.

#17 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 12:22 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 August 2021 - 06:49 PM, said:

frankly if you paid the outrageous price for an og invasion dire whale, then you probibly deserve the hardpoint.

But that invasion pack is still a good thing if you like the mechs. I think the resistance and Wave III packs are better though., I would of bought it if they didn't come out with clan heroes.

Edited by JC Daxion, 30 August 2021 - 12:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users