27 replies to this topic

#21 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2022 - 10:02 PM

I, too, would prefer to quit and reload, and eat the penalty, than play New HPG. I'm glad Francois quit. Now we just need to undo the damage he caused.

Specifics for the people who seem to love the crappy new map: you can snipe with impunity from in front of the antenna because you can't be seen up there. The area is shaded, and too far away for heat or night vision. The far wall, on the other hand, is backlit by the sky, making it child's play to identify a 'mech up there and dump a full alpha into it.

#22 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 December 2022 - 06:12 AM

i prefer the original because wall sniping was special, in the new one anyone can get up there.

#23 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 04:05 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 December 2022 - 06:12 AM, said:

i prefer the original because wall sniping was special, in the new one anyone can get up there.

That's what sucked about the original IMHO so there is basically only one way to fix the map : Both Horizontal and Vertical out of bounds zones on the walls to prevent silly Camper Cats and Useless Cheetahs getting up there! Posted Image

Or the horrible camping Assaults that I see from time to time... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 January 2023 - 02:33 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 23 December 2022 - 04:05 PM, said:

That's what sucked about the original IMHO so there is basically only one way to fix the map : Both Horizontal and Vertical out of bounds zones on the walls to prevent silly Camper Cats and Useless Cheetahs getting up there! Posted Image

Or the horrible camping Assaults that I see from time to time... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thing is, the last few times I got to play the original HPG, any time someone was up on the wall, the entire team turned to bombard them with weapons fire. At the same time, there was way LESS cover up on the walls, and the area that I've recently noticed as troublesome, where they put the antenna and created a deep shadow that snipers can perpetually hide in, had the map boundary set against the inner edge of the wall, so while you could be up there, you couldn't hide behind anything, even the wall lip.

In short, wall sniping was a minor nuisance on the original HPG. In their attempt to "fix" it, PGI has actually made wall sniping a significantly WORSE issue on that map, not better.

#25 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 08:03 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 02 January 2023 - 02:33 PM, said:

In short, wall sniping was a minor nuisance on the original HPG.

Sorry, but it wasn't at all !!! :(

All those annoying wuss campers... bleh... Posted Image

In their attempt to "fix" it, PGI has actually made wall sniping a significantly WORSE issue on that map, not better.

Instead of just Lights/Mediums we now have friggin' Assaults camping up there!!! W-T-F ?!?! Posted Image

#26 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 16 January 2023 - 03:58 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 02 January 2023 - 02:33 PM, said:

Thing is, the last few times I got to play the original HPG, any time someone was up on the wall, the entire team turned to bombard them with weapons fire. At the same time, there was way LESS cover up on the walls, and the area that I've recently noticed as troublesome, where they put the antenna and created a deep shadow that snipers can perpetually hide in, had the map boundary set against the inner edge of the wall, so while you could be up there, you couldn't hide behind anything, even the wall lip.

In short, wall sniping was a minor nuisance on the original HPG. In their attempt to "fix" it, PGI has actually made wall sniping a significantly WORSE issue on that map, not better.
because there was usually only ONE person on the wall because it was harder to get up there 2 max if you had a guy hunting the other guy on the wall otherwise it was a waste, now yOU ALWAYS see someoen up there sniping... if you had a whole 12 man team with long range weapons they'd all be up there on skirmish or something beating the team easily.

Edited by KursedVixen, 16 January 2023 - 03:59 AM.

#27 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 10:59 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 16 January 2023 - 03:58 AM, said:

Now YOU ALWAYS see someone up there sniping...

if you had a whole 12 man team with long range weapons they'd all be up there on skirmish or something beating the team easily.

Don't give them idea's dude! LOL! Posted Image Posted Image

#28 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 January 2023 - 11:53 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 16 January 2023 - 10:59 AM, said:

Don't give them idea's dude! LOL! Posted Image Posted Image

Too late. I've already seen it. That's part of why I'm in here bitching to begin with. If they hide in the shadow of the big dish, they can shoot without ever being seen. That side of the map has a massive positional advantage over anyone trying to snipe from the far wall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users