Dumping The Adder B

7 replies to this topic

#1 _Bogo_

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 07:26 AM

I have been toying with the Adder B using a LBX 20, and triple Heavy Small Laser build. But now I am considering selling it off. While I do enjoy the fact that it is a light with a LBX 20, the issues it has makes it not very viable. It doesn't have the ammo capacity for the LBX to last in a fight, the lasers don't have the range to be effective once the ammo runs out. The LBX is also in a vulnerable position in the arm, and easily taken off, not to mention the whole mech is just squishy in general.

The only way to adjust the build I can see, would be to downgrade the LBX to a 10, which would let you take more ammo, and upgrade the small lasers to triple mediums. I could even move the LBX into the torso, where it could be better protected if I used the side torso from the hero Adder. However doing so I would loose the LBX perks of the B. I could switch the LBX to a UAC 10 instead then, to make use of the Hero St perks for the jam chance. But, I feel the sustained fire rate of a UAC would be waisted on a light, since it still wouldn't have the overall survivability to make use of the longer fire rate.

Would a UAC 10, triple Heavy Medium Laser build be very effective in this case?

#2 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 08:37 AM

The Adder can be a bit tough to play sometimes, the trick is to always have a heavy or assault mech close by, The Adder seems to vanish from sight if you have a big buddy around to tank for you.

Regarding the build, I personally favour a UAC20 to the LB20X & regular ER smalls instead for the range, although I do swap the lasers to heavy's when I'm in a more, angry, in your face kinda mood.
It's an easy build but here you go to save you some time. Posted Image

https://mech.nav-alp...#e118d916_ADR-B

Also, regarding a UAC10 build, try this maybe?

https://mech.nav-alp...#085f9cfb_ADR-B
It's a bit of a strange one on paper but I've had quite a lot of success with this build. The 48 damage alpha is quite decent & it runs reasonably cool but to get the full damage you again need to be in that ER small range.
I like the Heavy Large UAC10 combo, the double tap of the UAC seems to fit the burn time of the laser quite nicely.
Edit: I must add that I know full well I have ignored the LBX quirk & to be most efficient you should swap the right arm Omni to the D one & put the big gun on the right.
I hope this helps & you keep hold of your Adder, it can do all large weapons really quite well for a Light mech & is even one of the best ton for ton LRM/ATM mechs in the entire game, taking only a light's tonnage to deliver a pair of big launchers with a 15 damage close range deterrent & enough ammo to feed the tubes. Again just make sure you are close to(preferably behind) a bigger mech.

Edited by Biomechtric, 10 September 2021 - 08:49 AM.

#3 Mickey242

Rookie

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:23 PM

Even when I do scouting stuff I always return to a a Heavy afterwards. The heavy I return to is usually based on if my mech is Short heavy or medium range.

#4 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 05:23 PM

I ran my Adder B with either LBX 2 or 5 and ERMLs, the small LBX had a decent fire rate, weapons allowed dull damage at medium range so I did not have to get close in brawl. Surprisingly decent and fun.

#5 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,419 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 September 2021 - 07:02 PM

When you have (grind) MC, probably better to use it to get your favorite Hero mech :)

However, for Adder Cinder the Hero mech, and then swap in ADR-B & ADR-D ballistic arms, you get nice ballistic + UAC-jam-chance stats! Then add 1x MPL into CT, or save that space for extended ammo :)

Many thanks to everyone for the build suggestions; now I can finally skill-level up my Adder Cinder!

#6 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:10 AM

yea as others have said, adder needs to be played in the pack of friends. Can't run off unless there is a single enemy that is engaged with someone else.

My go to adder is the A with

3 HML
1 HLL
1 MPL (center)
as many heatsinks as possible.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 09:54 AM

View Post_Bogo_, on 10 September 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

I have been toying with the Adder B using a LBX 20, and triple Heavy Small Laser build. But now I am considering selling it off.

Never sell your 'Mechs off, if you can avoid it.

First, you will never recoup the original cost of the 'Mech.

Second, you can never know if some new quirk will turn it into a well-performing 'Mech.

Third, maybe you do not like your 'Mech now, but it is quite possible that you could like in a few weeks or months.

#8 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 05:26 PM

The Adder is a good machine. Keep it dude.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users