Keep Getting Cored From Behind With No One Behind Me?

Gameplay

26 replies to this topic

#21 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 06:38 PM

View PostGoodTry, on 13 September 2021 - 06:12 PM, said:

The first streaks were maybe 30 seconds earlier, and the rest were just grazes in front.

I'm loving the Sabre. It's really solid w/ either 2LPL or 2HLL + 3LMGs too, in addition to the kitchen sink build you mentioned (which is also great). Really fun mech right now.

Being the fastest Clanner available, I cant fathom dropping the engine down and carrying bigger weapons on them. Clanners have plenty of slow lights to do that with. I much prefer the go-fast ability they have. If they could jump too I wouldnt be so upset at the lack of Wasp/Stingers, since I'm a filthy clanner at heart.

#22 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:59 PM

View PostHauptmanT, on 13 September 2021 - 06:38 PM, said:

Being the fastest Clanner available, I cant fathom dropping the engine down and carrying bigger weapons on them. Clanners have plenty of slow lights to do that with. I much prefer the go-fast ability they have. If they could jump too I wouldnt be so upset at the lack of Wasp/Stingers, since I'm a filthy clanner at heart.

Mine runs at 130 w/ 2 LPL and speed tweak, so it still feels pretty fast.

#23 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 02:33 AM

Could it be via Damage Transfer?

#24 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:33 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 12 September 2021 - 04:57 AM, said:

"Crotch-shot" is well known for transferring damage from front to rear CT and via versa; certainly a few of the assaults are very vulnerable to this and if you are up against a player who knows the mechanics of this coding weakness, you will fall foul of being destroyed in the way the OP has stated.

I'll have to test with my roommate, but this seems like the most likely scenario. My legs where not positioned front to back in all of these situations. So this MAY be it, but again I have to double check.

#25 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:08 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 14 September 2021 - 02:33 AM, said:

Could it be via Damage Transfer?

do cerppcs even splash to rear sections?

#26 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 10:25 PM

FWIW I've had shots hit my rear armor through my front and have done it to targets facing me as well so you're not crazy. It's super rare though and in the past three months I can remember it happening maybe three or four times.

Every time it's been from PPCs or gauss, but I've never seen a laser do it either giving or receiving.

Have always had a stable internet connection and a good computer, so I always put it up to the servers flipping out.

Edited by Commoners, 18 September 2021 - 10:26 PM.

#27 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 05:52 AM

Locusts are also short enough for some mechs to graze the angled section of the rear ST hitboxes when shooting from in front with some elevation. Depending on relative height at the time that could be the culprit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users