6 replies to this topic

#1 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:51 AM

If you are running W11 and have a HDR monitor, the game will default to HDR for MWO- even though it doesn't have HDR native. Very noticeable difference, the colors really pop. Just a heads up.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:57 PM

Question to you from someone running on earlier stuff... Will this also work for those on Win10 at all, if one were to force HDR upon MWO there? Or is Win10 not capable of this? :o

~D. V. "wondering what Windows' reach is with HDR upon MWO operation" Devnull

#3 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:43 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 September 2021 - 05:57 PM, said:

Question to you from someone running on earlier stuff... Will this also work for those on Win10 at all, if one were to force HDR upon MWO there? Or is Win10 not capable of this? Posted Image

Not sure about w11 hdr settings for w10 but you can make colors pop with filters. Use something like Nvidia/AMD control panel (based on what graphics card you have) or Reshade. Color Saturation and Hue will do it, and there are other settings/filters you can try like image sharpness, contrast to make the game look better to you. Reshade probably has the most options but from what I've seen caused more fps loss than the others, though it depends on the filters you use. Or if your monitor has presets/profiles just do the ole switch profiles on your monitor when playing and have a profile with the monitors colors turned up.

Edited by dario03, 14 September 2021 - 07:46 PM.

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:56 PM

View Postdario03, on 14 September 2021 - 07:43 PM, said:

Not sure about w11 hdr settings for w10 but you can make colors pop with filters. Use something like Nvidia/AMD control panel (based on what graphics card you have) or Reshade. Color Saturation and Hue will do it, and there are other settings/filters you can try like image sharpness, contrast to make the game look better to you. Reshade probably has the most options but from what I've seen caused more fps loss than the others, though it depends on the filters you use. Or if your monitor has presets/profiles just do the ole switch profiles on your monitor when playing and have a profile with the monitors colors turned up.

+ 1 for ReShade, I only lose about 4-5% FPS for the filters I use but I can't look at the stock game anymore.

#5 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:32 PM

Question to you from someone running on earlier stuff... Will this also work for those on Win10 at all, if one were to force HDR upon MWO there? Or is Win10 not capable of this? Posted Image

That would be a no, I think it is a W11 feature. I could be wrong.

View PostNightbird, on 14 September 2021 - 07:56 PM, said:

+ 1 for ReShade, I only lose about 4-5% FPS for the filters I use but I can't look at the stock game anymore.

I have messed with that, but not really the same "POP". You can really get it looking pretty good though.

#6 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 12:35 PM

yes but you need beta build of win10 to get it
its called windows insider or something, you sign up for it and microsoft send you exclusive win10 beta build/features

#7 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 30 January 2022 - 03:28 PM

I have HDR screen, and it renders all colors more vibrant where appropriate, especially on MWO maps like Solaris City...so it's not a matter of Win10 or Win11... just the way colors are presented to your eyes... (mine is Win10 btw)

HDR also makes it almost literally painful to your eyes under RAC flash... ymmv

I've switched to newer Win10 computer with regular LCD monitor, faster computer, etc.
No more HDR eye pain under RAC fire flashes...

and then I find out that MWO performance depends on CPU, and not the GPU... Posted Image

(At least my eyes don't get pained under RAC flashes in my new regular LCD monitor...)

Edited by w0qj, 30 January 2022 - 04:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users