#41 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:30 AM

View PostHauptmanT, on 18 September 2021 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'm T4, trust me it's an issue with all them Cadets and 8 year olds floating around bottom tiers. Well ok, I'm actually T3 now, as I cant keep it from going up anymore. It's just too hard to suck, without deliberately suiciding. So I'll just learn to cope with T1 matches again. Swear to gawd you sweaties hate having fun with this game... By the time I get to the front half of one of the teams is dead already. Just a mad dash muderball blast fest in higher tiers... No time for me to do fun stuff.

Maybe I was being slightly Hyperbolous. Not that often, but at least once per day I have to remind my team "Please do not shoot your friends". Yes I even have a ritual chastisement I use every single time it happens.

Does that mean it is not 1 in 3 matches?

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 September 2021 - 11:30 AM.

#42 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:31 AM

Best to not give any guns at all, would solve world problems

Instead give them a tag who them can point with and then a nuke fly in and destroy the target

Every mech has its own identity tag and the missile would know it's a friendly

The nukes will be carried by Urbanmechs.

Lower tiers tend to have players who shoot at mechs early in the game, it look like they testing their guns on people.

Because of arrogance them see dummy targets them can check how much damage each gun is actually doing.

It's how I discovered that the RAC5 is actually only dealing 2 damage each bullet and the gun is a pointless brick who is not much better than a heavy machinegun. Even the light machinegun would be a lot better damage/ tonnage ratio considered that the RAC5 has reduced range while is worse than a uac2.

#43 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 08:34 PM

View PostRkshz, on 15 September 2021 - 03:39 AM, said:

The solution to the problem is simple - block for 5 (10) seconds the possibility of firing a weapon immediately after a drop.

Simpler solution already in the game.

Do not move until others do, you avoid a lot by not always being in front. No need to rush unless you are in a Light in Domination or Conquest.

Works very well.

#44 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 08:51 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 18 September 2021 - 08:34 PM, said:

Do not move until others do, you avoid a lot by not always being in front. No need to rush unless you are in a Light in Domination or Conquest.

Works very well.

No it doesn't because some will still shot at you or run into you because you're blocking

#45 Rkshz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 19 September 2021 - 01:08 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 18 September 2021 - 08:34 PM, said:

Works very well.

the most important is time - every second gives an advantage
standing and waiting until everyone "comes to life" after a drop is like giving out rubber ducklings to sprinters before the start and letting them swim in the pool Posted Image

Edited by Rkshz, 19 September 2021 - 03:26 AM.

#46 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 September 2021 - 05:18 AM

A few seconds of invulnerability would probably help, but this "problem" is extremely minor IMO so I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Even though I'm against spending resources to fix such a minor problem, I can't help balking at how many people are suggesting various behavior changes as a fix to this and other gameplay issues. Like when people suggest the fix to nascaring is "more teamplay" or whatever.

It's a bit like when people think identifying the guilty and really underlining how bad people they are, or increasing punishments beyond the levels with measurable deterrence effects, is somehow a valid response to the question of how to reduce crime.

Humans don't have a magical ability to change their behaviour. Just like with other animals there is a predictable range and frequency of various behaviours for a given demographic, and if you want a certain outcome you need to build your game (or society) in ways that affect these behaviour patterns in the direction you want.

Just saying people are doing it wrong and should behave differently is 100% useless.

Edited by Sjorpha, 19 September 2021 - 05:20 AM.

#47 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:33 AM

View Postcaravann, on 18 September 2021 - 08:51 PM, said:

No it doesn't because some will still shot at you or run into you because you're blocking

Not really except on Canyon with those 12 man group spawns and that one recent HPG match I had. Majority of spawns you drop in 4 man lances facing away from each other and usually not facing anyone so if someone gets shot, it was because:
- someone wanted to show off his weapons for fun and did not pay attention.
- someone is being an @$$, may even be personally against you.
- someone 'misclicked.'

View PostRkshz, on 19 September 2021 - 01:08 AM, said:

the most important is time - every second gives an advantage
standing and waiting until everyone "comes to life" after a drop is like giving out rubber ducklings to sprinters before the start and letting them swim in the pool Posted Image

Only in Conquest and for Lights / Mediums in Domination.
I learned not to always be first especially after some unjustified backshots.
Worst was on Bog in my Timber. I was in front, no one was still standing at spawn, team is halfway to the usual center mountain.
Then BONG, famous Gauss sound followed by my internal CT going orange.
Yeah that mattered since I got CT cored quicker later.
'Course no one admitted to it.
So I had to adjust by not going first, that is never happening again and the only way to insure it.

#48 Rkshz

• 2,866 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:46 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 19 September 2021 - 05:18 AM, said:

Even though I'm against spending resources to fix such a minor problem, I can't help balking at how many people are suggesting various behavior changes as a fix to this and other gameplay issues. Like when people suggest the fix to nascaring is "more teamplay" or whatever.

you are not an MWO developer, you cannot operate with such decisions as "waste of resources"
we are players, we can only consider the arguments for and against the proposal

View PostWildstreak, on 19 September 2021 - 06:33 AM, said:

Only in Conquest and for Lights / Mediums in Domination.

passive players don't understand that time is the most important thing
aggressive players understand that every second gives superior positioning

#49 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 04:50 AM

View PostRkshz, on 19 September 2021 - 07:46 AM, said:

passive players don't understand that time is the most important thing
aggressive players understand that every second gives superior positioning

One of your problems, you think too simple.

#50 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 10:07 PM

Thread moved to Feature Suggestions by OP's request.

#51 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:43 AM

View PostDogstar, on 16 September 2021 - 11:48 PM, said:

An easy solution would be to start mechs powered down.

Which would not only solve the problem it would also be more immersive to have to power your mech up and finally make that 'p' key useful!

(and don't moan about the extra time/effort, it already takes minutes to get into a match, so an extra second to click a key isn't a problem)

This would be bad. Well, ideally it wouldn't be, but mechs that power up faster would be able to shoot powered down mechs without there being any way of knowing who shot you. Someone strips your back in the beginning, leg 'em and leave em. No tk, but they might learn there are consequences. Once had a raven burn round after round of lrm fire at me, inside range so no damage, but I hit it with an AC/20 shot after warning the guy about FF and wasting ammo (ravens can't pack much ammo after mounting an lrm20). He threw a fit and I just told him I helped him make himself useless since he was hellbent on burning all his ammo on friendlies. He shot me 6 times with a high count lrm before I shot him. (shrug) Point is, idiots will be idiots regardless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users