Announcing Legend Of The Kestrel Lancers!

72 replies to this topic

#61 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 02:42 AM

Having read some comments on foreign computer news forums that had some news about the Kestrel DLC i got an understandong why some people prefer Steam over GOG - they believe Steam has a better VR Support and want be ready for a future VR Version (Mod or DLC) of the game...

Edited by Thorqemada, 18 September 2021 - 02:42 AM.

#62 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:33 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 18 September 2021 - 02:42 AM, said:

Having read some comments on foreign computer news forums that had some news about the Kestrel DLC i got an understandong why some people prefer Steam over GOG - they believe Steam has a better VR Support and want be ready for a future VR Version (Mod or DLC) of the game...

Such support would be most probably like with the console controllers - you could add the game as a Non-Steam game; and launch it via Steam to use its benefits. :)

#63 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:54 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 18 September 2021 - 02:42 AM, said:

i honestly never used gog, and idk why. ive always hated drm and having to have phone home permissions to use things i bought. i like to buy/use software i can use anonymously without making an account somewhere in the cloud, then i only have to worry about local security and not have to babysit my myriads of credentials. but now that i have 3 different game stores installed id hate to do a 4th.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 September 2021 - 03:56 PM.

#64 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:09 AM

GOG Galaxy will give you a unified Access to all your games on the various sources like Steam, Epic, X-box, Origin, Ubisoft and GOG ofc.

If you set it up once it should work but i have only experience with GoG + Steam as i dont use other sources.
But i have access to all games of both sources, friendslist etc.

It will start the needed services in accordance to the games you play...
I have not yet bought games via Galaxy, i dont know if and how that works.

#65 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:49 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 September 2021 - 06:55 AM, said:

Awesome!!

And now, BACK TO MWO Posted Image

yea....F..K NO

#66 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 September 2021 - 02:39 AM

I am utterly happy with the short release date, melee, mech switching, and the new biomes.

The only thing I don't understand is the price of all this? It is not stated anywhere..

I understand there is a free feature update with melee and mech switching, but all the other goodies are not priced?

Edited by Vellron2005, 21 September 2021 - 04:06 AM.

#67 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:31 AM

The pricing for the PS5 Version is according to price finder sites 29,99 Euro.
If this includes all DLC there is no info about it - if this price is real or a placeholder nobody can say for sure.

#68 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:05 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 September 2021 - 03:54 PM, said:

i honestly never used gog, and idk why. ive always hated drm and having to have phone home permissions to use things i bought. i like to buy/use software i can use anonymously without making an account somewhere in the cloud, then i only have to worry about local security and not have to babysit my myriads of credentials. but now that i have 3 different game stores installed id hate to do a 4th.

You know that GOG has most of its games DRM free and allows you to download the games and make backup copies and stuff?
In regard of DRM and "owning" games GOG might be the best place to buy games.

#69 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 01:32 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 21 September 2021 - 05:05 AM, said:

You know that GOG has most of its games DRM free and allows you to download the games and make backup copies and stuff?
In regard of DRM and "owning" games GOG might be the best place to buy games.

which is why i dont know why i dont buy from them, other than the fact that i dont want to have to install a fourth game store.

#70 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:13 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 September 2021 - 01:32 PM, said:

which is why i dont know why i dont buy from them, other than the fact that i dont want to have to install a fourth game store.

I understand what you mean. Also struggled for quite some time with doing so but in the end I now have mostly allways a store that has a game on "sale" whenever I look for something new. No need to wait for the next sale Posted Image

[Question about the DLC]
Still have a question about the new DLC. How will the new story content be integrated?
Can I start it as a new campaign, do I start it from my current free career mode or do I have to finish the original campaing before I can play the new one?

Has there been any information on that?

Edited by Nesutizale, 21 September 2021 - 03:13 PM.

#71 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 04:00 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 21 September 2021 - 03:13 PM, said:

I understand what you mean. Also struggled for quite some time with doing so but in the end I now have mostly allways a store that has a game on "sale" whenever I look for something new. No need to wait for the next sale Posted Image

[Question about the DLC]
Still have a question about the new DLC. How will the new story content be integrated?
Can I start it as a new campaign, do I start it from my current free career mode or do I have to finish the original campaing before I can play the new one?

i also really dont play that many games, right now i alternate between 4 main games (mwo/5, kerbal and minecraft) with a couple in there i play very rarely (elite dangerous, doom eternal, which i still haven't finishedm and i dont play starcraft much any more). im kind of waiting until i can get battletech dirt cheap.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 September 2021 - 04:02 PM.

#72 Bersigil

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:25 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 21 September 2021 - 03:13 PM, said:

[Question about the DLC]

And: what parts of the DLC will carry over to the Career-Mode? New Biomes problably. New Mission Types? New mech variants...?

#73 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 25 September 2021 - 01:47 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 16 September 2021 - 06:56 AM, said:

interesting
and again all now working mods will be §$%&... i bet... Awesome thing that full mod suport thingy^^
if only we could have working mods for longer then a few months....

have to quote myself and to say i was wrong in my case the "yet another Mechlab" Mod still worksi downloaded the newest version from nexus and it works fine so far.
. Melle isnt working but the modder said hewill update it . So far iam fine with it as long i can keep the open Mechlab. didnt expect that i can keep the open mechlab,okay there are a few bugs but the mod is beta so iam fokay with it

Edited by Mighty Spike, 25 September 2021 - 01:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users