Mw5 Legend Of The Kestrel Lancers Launch Day Intel

50 replies to this topic

#21 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 05:13 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 23 September 2021 - 04:27 AM, said:

Dont know. I first thought it´s maybe becuase lack of slots but that can´t be ,slots are neough free tonnage also.I was moving the SD LBX Build into cold storage and putted it back to active Hangar but still the same. The Acuator slots are there but "unequipped."
Think going to write suport with screenshot of that Oh that Game save is untouched by mods before. I hold it in reserve for the case i need a save game untouched by any mod
I started it new after The Heroes release and played till coop unlocked and played then on with another Game save twhere the open Mechlab mods was active

the SD build.You see the melee slot is there but unequipped and no, cant find in inventory or market something like a melee attack that i could put in the unequipped slot

Posted Image

the UAC build, the Melee slot is equipped
Anyone else a similar Bug with 2 Mechs of same Varinat and chassi?

Posted Image

I noticed the both slots be named differently in the two mechs - that would indicate they do not be similar for some reason yet to discover.

And i guess support wont get a clue for the language is not english in the screenshot, they probably have no german speaking support.

Edited by Thorqemada, 23 September 2021 - 05:14 AM.

#22 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 23 September 2021 - 06:08 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 23 September 2021 - 05:13 AM, said:

I noticed the both slots be named differently in the two mechs - that would indicate they do not be similar for some reason yet to discover.

And i guess support wont get a clue for the language is not english in the screenshot, they probably have no german speaking support.

The pgi suport can German,just takes 2days longer then normal.pgi suport was from start on the best at pgiPosted Image-
but yea,will send the screenshots to suport. My english is not the best but suport did always understand me till today. Like i said pgi´s suport was always the ones who do their job best in that company

Edited by Mighty Spike, 23 September 2021 - 06:41 AM.

#23 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 September 2021 - 08:17 AM

Still no amd fsr, even if its already build into UR4 engine.
its not more that a couple of lines of code and it will be up and running.

i'll will stop supporting MW5, before it gets FSR. my money should be as good as a guy with a Nvidia card.

Edited by Flanking Boy, 23 September 2021 - 08:23 AM.

#24 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 08:23 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 23 September 2021 - 06:08 AM, said:

The pgi suport can German,just takes 2days longer then normal.pgi suport was from start on the best at pgiPosted Image-
but yea,will send the screenshots to suport. My english is not the best but suport did always understand me till today. Like i said pgi´s suport was always the ones who do their job best in that company

But have you ever switched to english to see if it displays a different description/name for the respective slots if that would already explain it a little more?
Sometimes the translation is not as spot on as the english source text - thats all i say. :)

#25 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 08:29 AM

Nope,will try it.
btw. we should open a thread in mw5Merenaries subforum where people can post still working mods ,or after the editor update, ,all updated and working mods. Still interested in open Mechlab mods
A central point where everybody can see what Mods are avaible orking or updated and working after the DLCrelease of today

Edited by Mighty Spike, 23 September 2021 - 08:36 AM.

#26 Marchello1

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 08:45 AM

thanks to PJI for the new DLC, playing with melee and switching is a pleasure ... The new company for the federated commonwealth is very interesting. Develop in the same spirit the game

#27 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 September 2021 - 10:18 AM

Cool!

MWO Annual Rewards Program today possibly?

#28 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 23 September 2021 - 01:48 PM

I bought the expac for myself and the PSN Jump Jet package for my kids, keep up the good work!

#29 Skigress

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 02:21 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 23 September 2021 - 04:00 AM, said:

Just one thing with melee. Have a Mauler 2p with 2uac5 + 2 srm6A and 4meds .That build has the melee Attack.
My 2nd Mauler2p same build just instead of UAC´s are 2LB10xSD in . This Build has no melee Attacks but slots are enough there for actuators. So wha has one Mauler 2P melee attcks and the other Mauler 2PBuild not?

If I remember correctly, in the tabletop game the mech construction rules state that larger autocannons such as the ac-10 and ac-20 and if I’m not mistaken gauss rifles as well cannot be installed alongside lower arm and hand actuators. This would remove both requirements for a melee attack in MechWarrior 5 as it set up, I would have to pull out the technical manual to be sure but if I’m right then this is how it should function and there is no problem. Maybe a bit more info should be given about this in tool tips for people who aren’t familiar with the unit construction rules of the source material to avoid confusion, heck I didn’t even think about this until I saw this thread and I’m a battletech geek.

Edited by Skigress, 24 September 2021 - 02:26 AM.

#30 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 02:33 AM

View PostSkigress, on 24 September 2021 - 02:21 AM, said:

If I remember correctly, in the tabletop game the mech construction rules state that larger autocannons such as the ac-10 and ac-20 and if I’m not mistaken gauss rifles as well cannot be installed alongside lower arm and hand actuators. This would remove both requirements for a melee attack in MechWarrior 5 as it set up, I would have to pull out the technical manual to be sure but if I’m right then this is how it should function and there is no problem. Maybe a bit more info should be given about this in tool tips for people who aren’t familiar with the unit construction rules of the source material to avoid confusion, heck I didn’t even think about this until I saw this thread and I’m a battletech geek.

I bet ALL my Beer reserves htat it isn´t any TT thingy.. it´such a f##n bug because they throw out the DLC as fast as they could without any testing or even playing it for a few minutes what also explaines all the other bugs...it´s still pgi we´re talking bout , so i didnt expect anything else

Edited by Mighty Spike, 25 September 2021 - 02:34 AM.

#31 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 25 September 2021 - 03:29 AM

I just love it so far guys awsome work..it just feels and plays right...also just swatting a damn tank aside as he draws to close to your heavy is just priceles...not to speak of punching jumping spiders right out of the air

#32 Agent Super Chicken

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:12 AM

Any update to allow the game to launch by default on a secondary screen?
For both MWO and MW5, having to fix that every. single. time. is pretty tedious.

#33 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 03:01 PM

You wanna know what lame is? Lame is all "new" mission types, that are just old mission types with janky artillery added. Lame is getting your entire Lance bombarded by said janky artillery BEFORE you can even get off the dropship (yeah, some missions will royally ruin your mechs before you can even assume control of them). Lame is not giving artillery pieces Targeting Data, so AI pilotted Lancemates will pretend like artillery pieces don't exist and won't even fire upon artillery or be commanded to attack them.

Lame is not even providing labels and designations for mission types in Star chart, so that when you travel to a node that claims to be a "Warzone", the mission type turns out to be a "Battlefield" after arrival; which is really just a Warzone mission anyways, except your mechs lose a fat chunk of armor to artillery bombardment during the non-interactive mission start Drop Ship mech deployment cinematic (how the hell did this get past QA?!!).

Lame is breaking every mod that actually made the game playable. Lame is the lack of polish and QA the DLC received. Lame is all "new" mech variants that have identical stats and hardpoints to pre-existing mech variants, just with different weapons; I.E. coming stock with Artemis LRM-20s instead of Standard LRM-20s, other than that, it's identical to a pre-existing mech.

Lame is making a map so densely populated by foliage that weapons are absolutely useless in the hands of the players at ranges exceeding 30 meters; but enemy AI that can detect the invisible hitboxes of all the ridiculous trees can navigate a shot through the foliage from 400 meters and attack with impunity while the player is relegated to trimming the hedges before they can actually mount a counter offensive.

Lame is AI still wasting heat and ammo by firing on every invincible Hostile Dropship that approaches (Why is this still a thing?).

Lame is everything in this DLC that isn't melee and in-mission mech switching; and both are part of the free update. If you enjoyed MW5 after Heroes of the Inner Sphere, take a hiatus and don't buy this DLC until PGI (or more likely, the FAR more capable modding community) fix this hot mess.

Edited by Clay Endfield, 25 September 2021 - 03:25 PM.

#34 Renegade max

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 02:09 PM

WOW WOW WOW MW5 will become legend.

MW5 Legend of the Kestrel Lancers - MW5 MY REVIEW

I am a very very long time Mechwarrior and orginal Beta tester for Mechwarrior online.

Piranha YOU have achieve a TRUE Mechwarrior experience.
MW5 is becoming a masterpiece.
I saw that it had so much possibility and I was not mistaken.

With all the updates and the the DLC this Game can be HUGE and long lasting I am truly loving it and I cannot stop playing. What an amazing job....

THIS is truly what all Pure mechwarriors have been waiting for

- AN Expansive world
- AMAZING intense missions
- AMAZING customizable mechs and - Upgrades etc.
- great dynamics
- great variety of missions
- great additions of artillery, buildings, destructive environments
- Some much more can be ADDED in the FUTURE - DLCs WOW>

THIS is the dynamic true Mechwarrior world...

9.5/10 FROM ME

Yours truly

**Piranha you should be proud.

Renegade Max. Star Colonel.

#35 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 04:50 PM

An interesting mix of rightfully bitter old hands...
and new blood (paid shills) gushing over things that don't deserve it.

The sea might not be brown anymore, but that won't stop it from reekin'.

#36 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 07:59 PM

Sean Lang made a NGNGTV Video about the DLC and i thought it was a bit overly criticising some things.

If the same parameters for critique would be applied to MWO that would mean it would be 10 times worse than MW5 bcs everything bad about MW5 is ten times worse in MWO on top of all that it is lacking compared to MW5.

Some things i think were worth a thought like an reputation/facility bound increase in Mechlab abilities for example.

Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries - The Legend of the Kestrel Lancers Review - YouTube

Oldbobs gang had also a podcast about the DLC - i have yet to listen to it so i dont know what it says:

The First Circuit Podcast #155 (Reviews on Kestrel Lancers) - YouTube

Edited by Thorqemada, 27 September 2021 - 08:04 PM.

#37 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 12:25 AM

Well that was rather short...good but short. And 1 or 2 new Heroes would have been a great bonus.

#38 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 September 2021 - 01:32 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 27 September 2021 - 07:59 PM, said:

Sean Lang made a NGNGTV Video about the DLC and i thought it was a bit overly criticising some things.

If the same parameters for critique would be applied to MWO that would mean it would be 10 times worse than MW5 bcs everything bad about MW5 is ten times worse in MWO on top of all that it is lacking compared to MW5.

Some things i think were worth a thought like an reputation/facility bound increase in Mechlab abilities for example.

Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries - The Legend of the Kestrel Lancers Review - YouTube

The problem there with your concern is that MWO isn't played like MW5, even if they are of the same mech action.

MW5 is a sandbox, and has lazy story telling, which it better has.

MWO's gameplay is predicated on the experience fostered by the player base.

If anything, he's too lenient with the DLC and game's shortcoming.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 28 September 2021 - 01:32 AM.

#39 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 01:58 AM

Me thinks a ressource allocation conflict is sensed and this is an influencer strategy to get MWO a favourable balance of a finite amount of available workforce by spotlighting individualy percieved shortcomings.

#40 Brodie Pryde

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 08:56 AM

Overall, I would say this expansion is a nice addition and I think its worth a buy for fans of the series. The campaign is fun and challenging depending on the mechs you are able to acquire before doing it. It has some immersion to it where you feel a part of the story, a bit anyway. The action is there and it feels more fast paced compared to the full game version's story. Overall, I like it but it is definitely needing some more time in the oven. I have a high end computer and I am getting frame rate drops and serious lag time when too many things are going on or just even when I zoom in on some of the new bioms. Jungles in particular, but they all suffer from a frame rate drop. Also, the sound on the AC is just absent.... I know its covered in the drop data announcement but really? Lastly, I feel that it was a bit short. Usually if you pay $20.00 for a game or expansion then you want to get about 20 hours of enjoyment out of it. (For me anyway), I think I'm close to that much time played, but honestly when the campaign ended I was a bit disappointed. I was into the story and wanted to keep playing it, Honestly I wish the full game was outlined more like this add-on. So in that regard I think PGI nailed it, but it just needed a few more missions! One last note, and something that I hope they implement in future additions is a dynamic star map. That way you can see the borders of territory changing when events happen, like at the end of this campaign. Once the story is over and you go back to the star map and see the same boundaries, I felt a bit defeated. I did all of that and nothing changed? I think a dynamic map would give players a sense of accomplishment and another level of immersion. Don't know if that is a tall order but I feel it would add another layer. One last judgement, MORE MECHS! Just because. Posted Image Overall, I think its worth a go for those who are on the fence, I don't doubt PGI will fix some of the bugs that have come with this, (wish they weren't there to begin with), but I would say that there is enough there to build from. Not that it really matters but I give it a 7/10.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users