#41 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 September 2021 - 02:12 AM

View PostClay Endfield, on 25 September 2021 - 03:01 PM, said:

You wanna know what lame is? Lame is all "new" mission types, that are just old mission types with janky artillery added. Lame is getting your entire Lance bombarded by said janky artillery BEFORE you can even get off the dropship (yeah, some missions will royally ruin your mechs before you can even assume control of them). Lame is not giving artillery pieces Targeting Data, so AI pilotted Lancemates will pretend like artillery pieces don't exist and won't even fire upon artillery or be commanded to attack them.

Lame is not even providing labels and designations for mission types in Star chart, so that when you travel to a node that claims to be a "Warzone", the mission type turns out to be a "Battlefield" after arrival; which is really just a Warzone mission anyways, except your mechs lose a fat chunk of armor to artillery bombardment during the non-interactive mission start Drop Ship mech deployment cinematic (how the hell did this get past QA?!!).

Lame is breaking every mod that actually made the game playable. Lame is the lack of polish and QA the DLC received. Lame is all "new" mech variants that have identical stats and hardpoints to pre-existing mech variants, just with different weapons; I.E. coming stock with Artemis LRM-20s instead of Standard LRM-20s, other than that, it's identical to a pre-existing mech.

Lame is making a map so densely populated by foliage that weapons are absolutely useless in the hands of the players at ranges exceeding 30 meters; but enemy AI that can detect the invisible hitboxes of all the ridiculous trees can navigate a shot through the foliage from 400 meters and attack with impunity while the player is relegated to trimming the hedges before they can actually mount a counter offensive.

Lame is AI still wasting heat and ammo by firing on every invincible Hostile Dropship that approaches (Why is this still a thing?).

Lame is everything in this DLC that isn't melee and in-mission mech switching; and both are part of the free update. If you enjoyed MW5 after Heroes of the Inner Sphere, take a hiatus and don't buy this DLC until PGI (or more likely, the FAR more capable modding community) fix this hot mess.

I have not even played the DLC campaign yet, but I have run into artillery on the Davion / Kurita border in the original game and I got through it without losing any Mechs when I had nothing but light and medium Mechs. So "Lame" is your post, artillery makes the game challenging, yes, but I don't want the game to be a cakewalk so I can beat in in a few days and then get bored of it. The game is great so far, a fine combination of BATTLETECH and MWO. I am glad it is not PVP, otherwise whiners like you would pester PGI to dumb the game down.

#42 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 11:39 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 29 September 2021 - 02:12 AM, said:

I have not even played the DLC campaign yet, but I have run into artillery on the Davion / Kurita border in the original game and I got through it without losing any Mechs when I had nothing but light and medium Mechs. So "Lame" is your post, artillery makes the game challenging, yes, but I don't want the game to be a cakewalk so I can beat in in a few days and then get bored of it. The game is great so far, a fine combination of BATTLETECH and MWO. I am glad it is not PVP, otherwise whiners like you would pester PGI to dumb the game down.

Didn't even read what I said about artillery. Typical knee jerk reaction from a panderer...

I enjoy the challenge presented by MWM5's artillery, at least the iteration that came with Warzone in HotIS. The "new mission" types have bugged artillery that will shoot the hell out of your lance during cinematics, including Dropship entry and drop off cinematics; meaning that there is nothing for you to do but watch your lance get shot to pieces INSIDE the bloody dropship while you all boot up your mechs.

Warzone put Artillery on a timer; it didn't shoot off until you were a solid 2 minutes into a mission. That was a fantastic way to implement artillery. These "new missions" don't have that delay; instead they start firing before you even get off the Leopard. You have no choice but to stand there and take the hits. You can't move your mech, twist your torso, fire your weapons, or even bring up the minimap until bitching betty has had her say, and all the while, the shells are falling on your lance. Meaning that you might as well as qued up the mission in damaged mechs.

Before you go tossing labels around, read what people have to say.

#43 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:08 PM

Disappointed that the mods get broken every update. Also I have mods that do pretty much everything in the update I'm sure I'll eventually buy this one after they fix all the bugs.

#44 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 29 September 2021 - 02:37 PM

Just be glad MW isn't abandon-ware anymore...

#45 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 October 2021 - 08:56 AM

Great work on the DLC, PGI! Keep making them and I will keep buying!

Some suggestions for future DLCs:
  • Solaris Games (MW4:M style). It would be great if featured some melee-oriented new chassis (and variants). Hatchetman, Axman, Yen-Lo-Wang (with the proper hatchet) and others.
  • Clan Invasion (with the invasion Clan mechs already in MWO. I would love if it had a mini-campaign of the Clan side too, MW2 style).
  • Civil War (with the Fed-Com Civil War era mechs already in MWO- both IS and Clan and a mini-campaign where you choose one of the sides).
Of course, we would love to see some fan-favorite chassis to feature in MW5. Like:
  • Wasp, Stinger, Crusader, Longbow (classic "Unseen" designs)
  • Firemoth, Stone Rhino (classic MW2 mechs)
  • IS omni mechs from MW4/MW4:M
Heck, you could add those new chassis to the DLCs and also sell them in MWO. Double profit!

#46 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 02 October 2021 - 05:41 AM

any ETA for the missing AC´s Sound fix?

#47 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 08:04 PM

So... when can we expect a patch for:

1. Drop ship Cinematic Artillery Damage
2. AC sound effect
3. In mission Loot chests actually providing Loot
4. Ally pilot AI breaking whenever Players switch mechs
5. Mechs shooting "sideways" after mech switch (It's visibly hysterical with lasers, though really aggravating when neither you or your subordinate AI pilot can shoot hostiles with the affected mech)

Did I miss any?

#48 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:43 AM

View PostClay Endfield, on 06 October 2021 - 08:04 PM, said:

So... when can we expect a patch for:

1. Drop ship Cinematic Artillery Damage
2. AC sound effect
3. In mission Loot chests actually providing Loot
4. Ally pilot AI breaking whenever Players switch mechs
5. Mechs shooting "sideways" after mech switch (It's visibly hysterical with lasers, though really aggravating when neither you or your subordinate AI pilot can shoot hostiles with the affected mech)

Did I miss any?

Yeah bout f##n time for a fix

i experienced a bug with saved user Camo not showing the correct Camo theme when putting on another Mech .Always the Kestrel lancers camo theme instead of the Camo theme i saved appears. Deleted and saved new a few times but still appears the wrong camo theme when trying to put the saved user camo on another Mech
should be the most buggs, your list and that bug i experienced

#49 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 09 October 2021 - 05:34 AM

why is every kestrel dlc mission a "kill the waves of small mechs" ?

#50 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 12:58 PM

Bcs Assaults are in fact a rarity as well an expense only the richest and mightiest of the Inner Sphere could afford to build/maintain and these Mechs were not used as Cannonfodder, like Mediums and some Lights.

They are breakthrough Mechs (or line of final defense) that are used for that reasons exclusively and not wasted on the battlefield for mundane battlefield tasks (unless you are Steiner Posted Image).

The pciture old games and many of the later books painted was never one that was supported by the Lore for that time were Mechs are mostly irreplaceable.

And i like that as it adds another layer of risk-reward decisionmaking to the game that is very Mercenary like:
Do i fight i fight i may win but be bankrupt after?

Edited by Thorqemada, 09 October 2021 - 01:00 PM.

#51 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 07:07 AM

Still no missing AC Sound and all the other bugs Fix....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users