26 replies to this topic

#21 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:04 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 21 October 2021 - 06:46 AM, said:

MW5 is an offline game or at best a PvE game. So balanceing is less of a concern. Should they do the Clans and just focus on the Clans, like some internal clan conflict, they could balance stuff to their likeing without beeing concerned about PvP.

This is a poor excuse that has led to bad game design. There are plenty of offline / PvE games out there especially from non-major studios getting balanced that is one reason they deserve praise. Requiring modders to fix what is done wrong is pure laziness and is one of the serious declines in the industry.

#22 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 12:52 PM

I think you got me wrong there. Sure there needs to be a balance to make the game interesting but its a complet different thing to balance for PvP or PvE.
PvP needs much more work and is in general harder to archive. PvE you balance to archive a certain effect like makeing the player feel realy strong or weak or have to figure out a good combination of weapons and abilities.

#23 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:54 AM

I think the Clans could be done like an Expansion pack, but a big one, like 20 to 25 missions.. It should continue the main story, but somewhere along the line, Commander should become a clan bondsman, and stay there long enough to live through the whole clan invasion, as well as the Trial of Annihilation.. (Perhapse the trial can be a seperate DLC).

I would definitely like to see a new spherical dropship, one of the big clan ones perhaps, and I would also like to feel fully immersed into clan culture.

That being said, the clans absolutely hated mercenaries, so I guess Rianna and the old dropship should go bye-bye for the majority of the game.

Also, a major point that could use some work - the storytelling has improved greatly over the last two DLCs, and I think now is the time to expand on personal interactions between Commander and other NPCs.. Deepen the story and the inter-character relationships..

Oh, and for god's sake, Fahad needs to do more other than just whine about how war is bad Posted Image

P.S.

For MW6 - I want to see something completely new.. something that has never been done before in Battletech.. I want NEW stories. Like post Word of Blake stories.. Take us to new adventures that have yet to be written into the Remembrance!

Edited by Vellron2005, 26 October 2021 - 09:56 AM.

#24 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:05 PM

From what I heard they ruled out Clans as an expansion. They want/need to do a new game to generate the income to do it.

Story of a bondsman would be greate. Its a good way to introduce the clan culture to people new to BT because I think most of us understand how an Innersphere person ticks. So it would be relatable.

Storytelling has indeed improved and I would wish for something like Mass Effect like interaction with the NPCs, minus the love story. I don't need that in my games in general. Its nice to have but trying to bang everything in sight...it has become kinda stupid. On the other hand..Claners are much more relaxed around that topic...so if its done right....but better not touch it. Bet someone would be offended ^_^

As for Fahad, well I actualy liked that he pointed out "isn't what we are doing right now what brought the IS down?"
It was a bit to much that he did it again and again but I found it good that the point was brought up at all. Battletech sometimes seams like a place where everyone goes "Oh we lost so much...lets shoot some more to get rid of the rest".

Blake story and beyond, that could be interesting. I stopped reading the novels before the Djihad so in that it would be at least new to me. Personaly I would like to see the Dark Age timeline from Industrial Mechs back to fully produced Battlemechs.
I haven't read the novels, just played some Click-Tech and picked up from the bits that came with some of the hero mechs but going into all the new factions that formed and the fall of the Republic. Seams like a good place for a lot of new storys.

#25 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:38 PM

In the First Circuit Podcast it was mentioned that no decision has been made and that it is EG7 that makes the decision (or gives their ok) based on the sales of MW5 and the expansions - the latest numbers of sales (Playstation and Kestrel DLC) are not there yet.

If it happens it depends on the funding if it will be a DLC or Stand Alone game.

#26 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:13 PM

Ok. Last thing from Bombadil was that they where aiming for Clans to be a full release. Oh well aiming for something and what gets done can differ ^_^

Still I would like for Clans to be something extra. Not something that has to be tight in and by that beeing restricted by where the player might be in the sandbox. For me that is also a bit of a problem with the Kastrel DLC.
I have started a new playthrough just to see where I am when the contract comes. Will I be able to take the contract or will I still be working my way up?

For the Clan part, be it DLC or new game, I would like it to be freed from that restriction. Sure you can allways give it a seperate starting point like the Kestrel part but then again...it kinda feels tagged on.

Something else that comes to my mind is if you do a complete new Titel and be it MW5 Clans, instead of MW6, there is something about the nameing that you set your focus differently as a developer. At least that is what I like to think.
I mean I did some production stuff for companies where it was basicly the same machine again but the change of name changed the behavior of people from focusing of just updateing stuff to bringing in new ideas.

#27 korb87

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 04:54 AM

Если шведы одобрят разработку нового мехвоина 6, то сколько ждать игру? Процесс не быстрый... года 2? Мехвоин 5 про наёмников, вряд ли туда добавят кланы,,,если и будут- то сколько миссий? 14 не более?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users