6 replies to this topic

#1 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 05 October 2021 - 05:01 AM

Still catching up on recent changes to this game, when I noticed IS CASE is now 0 tons. The only thing it consumes is 1 slot. This is nice.

I must say that most of the little changes I've come across all seem positive. Nice job, PGI and/or Cauldron.

Since CASE no longer weighs anything, is there any benefit to crit padding all available torso slots with CASE?

I seem to recall, years ago, there was some issue with placing CASE in the arms.

Yep, it looks like my memory is correct, this time. Here is a thread from 2013 that discusses this:
https://mwomercs.com...-and-xl-engine/

So it seems the game previously did not allow one to put CASE in the arms at all. As a test, I was just able to put CASE in my arm, so this seems to be fixed now. Are there any other issues that might exist, concerning CASE in the arms for IS mechs?

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 October 2021 - 05:09 AM

There is a running list of all Cauldron/MWO patch changes since April 2021, since Cauldron took over game balancing:

https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

As for major weapons changes:
IS Large Lasers ghost heat limit increased to firing 4x without ghost heat penalty!

IS PPC ghost heat limit increased to firing 3x without ghost heat penalty!
IS PPC now has slight (exponential decay) damage below minimum range (similar to Clan LRM).

IS Light PPC has no minimum range anymore.

IS Snub Nose PPC ghost heat limit increased to firing 3x without ghost heat penalty!

Clan AC20 ghost heat limit increased to firing 2x without ghost heat penalty!

IS & Clan mechs with +HSL quirks (can fire more than normal number of weapons at once!). +HSL list is a study unto itself; will update this +HSL list once the dust has been settled, after all Cauldron patches have been completed (Summer of 2022 ?).

#3 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 05 October 2021 - 05:31 AM

View Postw0qj, on 05 October 2021 - 05:09 AM, said:

There is a running list of all Cauldron/MWO patch changes since April 2021, since Cauldron took over game balancing:

https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

Nice. following....

#4 MyriadDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 282 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 05:40 AM

View Postknight-of-ni, on 05 October 2021 - 05:01 AM, said:

Still catching up on recent changes to this game, when I noticed IS CASE is now 0 tons. The only thing it consumes is 1 slot. This is nice.

I must say that most of the little changes I've come across all seem positive. Nice job, PGI and/or Cauldron.

Since CASE no longer weighs anything, is there any benefit to crit padding all available torso slots with CASE?

I seem to recall, years ago, there was some issue with placing CASE in the arms.

Yep, it looks like my memory is correct, this time. Here is a thread from 2013 that discusses this:
https://mwomercs.com...-and-xl-engine/

So it seems the game previously did not allow one to put CASE in the arms at all. As a test, I was just able to put CASE in my arm, so this seems to be fixed now. Are there any other issues that might exist, concerning CASE in the arms for IS mechs?

Just to note, not being able to mount CASE in arms or legs was an intentional decision, not a bug. Allowing it to be mounted in limbs was a change made alongside making it zero tons so it was something worth considering.

Also, CASE doesn't critpad.

#5 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 05 October 2021 - 05:46 AM

Thanks to the link provided earlier, I found the verbiage with the CASE changes from the April 2021 patch notes:
https://mwomercs.com...400-20april2021

One of the more radical changes in this patch is removing the tonnage cost for IS CASE, and allowing it to be equipped in arms and legs. This change will help mitigate one of the major advantages of Clan ‘Mechs (having free CASE protected components) over IS ‘Mechs. It should be said though the IS CASE still requires a single crit slot.

And further down in the patch notes:

CASE (IS):

Case is now 0 tons (from 0.5)
Case is now able to be equipped in arms and legs
NOTE: CASE does not receive critical damage and is counted as a "destroyed slot" and ignored when critical damage is being applied.

Edited by knight-of-ni, 05 October 2021 - 05:48 AM.

#6 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 05:55 AM

View Postknight-of-ni, on 05 October 2021 - 05:01 AM, said:

Yes, it is. If you are running SFE or LFE, CASE can save your 'Mech in case of internal ammo explosion and keep you in battle.

However, CASE can not be critted. Thus, it can not be used for crit padding. One CASE per side torso is enough.

#7 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 05 October 2021 - 07:07 AM

I do find CASE useful for protecting a mech from gauss explosions, seeing how stupidly delicate they are at taking critical hits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users