Important Announcement On Trans Rights

143 replies to this topic

#41 NumberFive

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:46 AM

View PostENOVA, on 04 October 2021 - 12:30 AM, said:

I'm just tired that they shove me in the face with this modern agenda from all sides.

Pretty sure this 'modern agenda' will go away once trans people are safe from mistreatmeant. If you really want to help, it's easy, step one is to just think whether what you say will help trans people be safe - if not, don't say it.

I'm tired that people still need to be told they should have some empathy, or at least basic human decency.

View PostCommoners, on 04 October 2021 - 03:40 AM, said:

[redacted]

Regardless of whether I am personally offended, if you are being objectively offensive in your behaviour then your community has a right to tell you to stop. That underpins pretty much all of civilised society.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 04 October 2021 - 10:19 AM.
quote clean-up

#42 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:47 AM

View PostKOKO MORENO, on 04 October 2021 - 03:41 AM, said:

Neither of you have answered my question, what rights are they exacly lacking ? Last i checked transfolk in merica are not put in death camps, or even prison for being trans. Only people being censored are so called {Godwin's Law}. I really don't mind their existance, or care about someone "desecreting" davion pattern in trans colors. But it sure gets boring when you spam every match with same quote. Allmost like you are fishing for some boomer to tell you to shut up and then mass report him with trans squad.

Use google or read the news about stuff in the U.S. about current trans issues if you're looking for actual detailed information if you're genuinely curious. There's plenty of writing on the matter that can cover it in both historical and current contexts that is vastly better than any lesson anyone in the MWO forums can provide in the span of a forums thread.

You can have a whole lot of bad things done to you systemically that are awful even if they aren't reaching the levels of death camps and imprisonment.

But that doesn't seem to be the answer you're looking for, and you're just sealioning in a bad-faith attempt to troll people into wasting their time on describing something to you that you don't actually care about.

Edited by Commoners, 04 October 2021 - 03:48 AM.

#43 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:47 AM

View PostCommoners, on 04 October 2021 - 03:40 AM, said:

It's not my problem that your feelings are hurt, special snowflake.

I'm no snowflake, darling. If you like wearing high heels and lipstick at the weekend that's up to you, just don't attack others who don't approve or do the same, and don't try to ram it down my throat with your flags and other acts of 'increasing awareness'.

Stop all of this WOKE nonsense.

Live and let live.

#44 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:51 AM

This is a video game still, right?

If you want this gender-dysphoria put into perspective, go ask born transvestites what they think of all this.

Bet they don't appreciate their real struggle being trivialized by wannabees (who all follow the same politics no kidding?!). Rejecting the thing real transvestites never had a chance at.

So why are we talking about this? Is this not still a video game?
Are you bored so of talking 'mech that instead, you drive an acidic wedge into the community?
Why are you really here? Be honest now.

I'm here to melt armor and have fun.
Forum drama is not fun.
Enough with this. You reverse-bigots ain't worth talking to. Deleting forum profile.

Edited by Far Reach, 04 October 2021 - 04:23 AM.

#45 NumberFive

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:06 AM

View PostTitan Prometheus, on 04 October 2021 - 03:47 AM, said:

others who don't approve

I think you should contemplate such arrogance that you think you should have any right to disapprove another person's behaviour, when that behaviour causes no harm to themselves or any other person.

Elevate yourself instead of trying so hard to keep other people somehow beneath you.

#46 GentleMouse

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:09 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 03:51 AM, said:

Yep, nobody is gonna stop you from putting on your blinkers and playing this game while pretending this thread isn't here either.

#47 NumberFive

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:30 AM

View PostKOKO MORENO, on 04 October 2021 - 04:25 AM, said:

[redacted]

You are so filled with hate and anger that it makes me sad for you. You can be better, you know that, right?

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 04 October 2021 - 10:23 AM.
quote clean-up

#48 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:31 AM

View PostGentleMouse, on 04 October 2021 - 04:09 AM, said:

Yep, nobody is gonna stop you from putting on your blinkers and playing this game while pretending this thread isn't here either.

How dare I? Right?

#49 YiffyInAJiffy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:32 AM

Thanks for taking the time to put out both an apology/correction.

I understand that in times where there's alot of tension/hate in your direction, it can be hard to step back and make a well reasoned decision, but irregardless, you guys made the good call and walked things back. Though I'm sure there'll be headaches ahead, I appreciate you guys taking a hard stance on this correction. Not to be one of those "as a XXX people" posters but as a lgbtq dude it'd really knocked the wind out of my sails originally. Really happy with you guys.

Really happy to be able to go back to supporting you guys! Goodbye to my disposable income once more.

#50 GentleMouse

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:33 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 04:31 AM, said:

How dare I? Right?

No? Literally, you are allowed to ignore this thread and just keep playing the game. No one will bother you for that lol.

#51 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:34 AM

View PostNumberFive, on 04 October 2021 - 04:30 AM, said:

You are so filled with hate and anger that it makes me sad for you. You can be better, you know that, right?

What makes you think people are angry? Or hateful? Or even phobic?
People are more complex than that.
Projection, on the other hand is alive and thriving

#52 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:34 AM

View PostTemporary Axis, on 04 October 2021 - 03:13 AM, said:

Wow, that's pretty toxic

Kinda true tho…

How do I say this with out getting banned.

ASh is an Aussie word for mate. 🥰

#53 trans catgirl

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMagistracy of Canopus

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:36 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 03:51 AM, said:

If you want this gender-dysphoria put into perspective, go ask born transvestites what they think of all this.

Bet they don't appreciate their real struggle being trivialized by wannabees (who all follow the same politics no kidding?!). Rejecting the thing real transvestites never had a chance at.

So why are we talking about this? Is this not still a video game?
Are you bored so of talking 'mech that instead, you drive an acidic wedge into the community?
Why are you really here? Be honest now.

I'm here to melt armor and have fun.
Forum drama is not fun.
Enough with this. You reverse-bigots ain't worth talking to. Deleting forum profile.

Hi, I'm an actual trans woman who thinks that this whole situation could only be resolved by an apology like this, and this isnt even remotely enough. It also doesn't even cover remotely enough of what was done in the total scope of the situation, and more needs to be said. Made very obvious by this thread. Also, transvestites is an incredibly dated and ancient term, for the record. Were talking about this because it needs to be talked about in this video game, because, unlike the internet told you. There are girls on the internet and they do play this game. I'm Really Here to feel comfortable in a game I enjoy and also have fun, and I don't want slurs shouted at me while I'm at it after I or some of my friends say Trans Rights.

#54 GentleMouse

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:54 AM

View Posttrans catgirl, on 04 October 2021 - 04:49 AM, said:

I know what I'm doing? As in replying to someone in a forum thread with exactly what they wanted?

Oh I see, lmao. Yeah see this is exactly what I and many others have talked about.

Hey friend, I think this mook is just doing the exact kind of confrontation baiting he accused you of, note how he hasn't replied to me yet and how he even edited his initial post to be more inflammatory after he didn't get the response he wanted?

Ultimately its' your call but it might be best that you don't feed the troll on this one.

#55 trans catgirl

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMagistracy of Canopus

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:56 AM

View PostGentleMouse, on 04 October 2021 - 04:54 AM, said:

Hey friend, I think this mook is just doing the exact kind of confrontation baiting he accused you of, note how he hasn't replied to me yet and how he even edited his initial post to be more inflammatory after he didn't get the response he wanted?

Ultimately its' your call but it might be best that you don't feed the troll on this one.

Yeah, you're right. My "this exactly proves my point" is probably just that.

#56 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:19 AM

Any post editing was for specificity, not to be more biting.

Surgery and hormones cannot change your gender.
If the internet did not exist these fad crises wouldn't either.
I do not hate any of you.
Regardless of the fences and foils you throw up - It is indeed all in your mind.
I want you to understand that there is nothing abnormal/wrong with any of you.

I sincerely promise you that a year or two with no net, living in the sticks would cure all these maladays.
No, I guarantee it.

#57 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:25 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 05:19 AM, said:

Any post editing was for specificity, not to be more biting.

Surgery and hormones cannot change your gender.
If the internet did not exist these fad crises wouldn't either.
I do not hate any of you.
Regardless of the fences and foils you throw up - It is indeed all in your mind.
I want you to understand that there is nothing abnormal/wrong with any of you.

I sincerely promise you that a year or two with no net, living in the sticks would cure all these maladays.
No, I guarantee it.

You do hate them. Despise them, really. You just don’t quite have the courage to be honest about it, so you resort to this weird thing where you pretend you have their best interests at heart.

I think you should be more honest about what you’ve chosen to become. It’s really the only way to be introspective and therefore better.

#58 Darkstrand

• PipPipPip
  • Fanjunkare
  • Fanjunkare
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:26 AM

Obviously making a spectacle of moderation decisions is the wrong decision. I guess you haven't learned from the past over the Chaotic Harmony response, letting your emotions run rampant in these circumstances.

I actually agree with changing the name, I don't think real world politics should be pushed on people here. This is a political stance, whether you want to call it one or not.

#59 TENTACLE BOSS

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:34 AM

View PostDarkstrand, on 04 October 2021 - 05:26 AM, said:

Obviously making a spectacle of moderation decisions is the wrong decision. I guess you haven't learned from the past over the Chaotic Harmony response, letting your emotions run rampant in these circumstances.

I actually agree with changing the name, I don't think real world politics should be pushed on people here. This is a political stance, whether you want to call it one or not.

It's always the subversion, to take political things that are in-vogue and say "this isn't political" without justifying that statement in any way so you can make exceptions for a screeching minority.

PGI's standards should be absolute; no politics, or all politics. No compromises, no unwarranted exceptions. I don't care how good of a cause someone thinks trans activism is, this is a video game, an escapism from sociopolitical agendas.

#60 Echidna

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:37 AM

Total coincidence that all the guys talking about how trans rights are political are also liking all the transphobic posts, right? Just a cool and quirky observation. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users