Two High-Up Spots Found In V1.4.246.0 To Get Stuck On Hpg

Map Bug Alert Discovered in v1.4.246.0

1 reply to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:41 AM

Hello, everyone... I realized after a previous posting (where I was trying to get other people and their minds off some unnecessary arguing going on) that I should have probably made note of this in the appropriate sub-board too, so I'm going to quote from my other post...

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 September 2021 - 09:41 AM, said:

In terms of Bug Reporting about this, there is still a Glitch-type issue at the Bridge over the C6/D6 Door zone. When traversing in one direction, every thing is fine. But, when going the other way, only either a High-Speed Mech or a JumpJet-equipped Mech can make it back across the other direction. In order to enable easy fixing & repair, the Approximate Coordinates of the Glitch are as follows...

2799 — 2429.5 — 274 ... Facing SouthEast @ ~142 Degrees

...and I will just have to hope that Francois (or Matt/Daeron/Mark/etc.) is listening backstage for anything that still needs repairs done on it. May we all look forward to a brighter Match out there on the "HPG Manifold: Reborn Edition" lunar surface. Posted Image

UPDATE EDIT :: Right after posting this, I went across to the top-side entry zone over in B6 and ran into a similar problem. It's rather trap-like too, unfortunately. For this ugly larger Glitch which should not exist, the Approximate Coordinates are...

2690.5 — 3078 — 263 ... Facing South @ ~190 Degrees

...and it can actually force a Mech which finds itself unable to escape into being forced to drop off the side entirely. This subsequently causes the player's Mech to take Severe Leg Damage which it should never have been cursed with. Consider this note about it as a priority call for fixing & repair in that spot! Posted Image

...and then hope that these can be repaired some time soon. Getting stuck while moving around the HPG Manifold map's area is really not fun. Being forced to take leg damage due to having no other choice than dropping off is also more not fun. Being the darn Bug Magnet of a player that I am makes these much less fun than that. :(

~D. V. "trying to help iron out high-up spots in v1.4.246.0 where one can be stuck on HPG Manifold" Devnull

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 08:10 AM

So it's two months and two game updates later, and I'm having to give this Thread a good ol' ping. I really hope that Francois (and/or those known as Matt/Daeron/Mark/etc. and so on) are listening, because I'm trying to help make MWO's Maps better than they currently are!!! :mellow:

The issue down in B6 seems to have been possibly remedied for 48 KPH Assaults at this time, and I'll give kudos for that. :)

Checks for any 32 KPH Assaults in the B6 spot failed however, as with the following coordinates...

2690.4 — 3078.4 — 262.6 ... Facing South @ ~188 Degrees

...it so happens that I'm still seeing movement being completely stopped if a slow Assault-Class Mech without any JumpJets to use ends up walking in that area. Again, we're looking at an impact of unnecessary Fall Damage to the Legs of any Mech which is then forced into dropping off the side during normal gameplay. This needs to be fixed the rest of the way, because such an issue in HPG Manifold can be rather bad for MWO's overall reputation in the online gaming market. :wacko:

Unfortunately, that path-blocking issue at the C6/D6 Border still exists, and causes problems for slow Mechs that do not have JumpJets available to them. This issue particularly discriminates against Assault-Class Mechs that should not be faced with these traversal problems. Since my last check, it appears that the coordinates for this issue's location may have shifted, because I am currently getting...

2800.5 — 2431.0 — 273.7 ... Facing SouthEast @ ~142 Degrees

...when I give it a good poke. (It's very possible that I simply didn't get a good read on this one before!!!) If possible, this particular blockage really needs to be fixed rather soon, before it can continue to mess up gameplay any further. I can't imagine the total scale of how many people have been frustrated by this particular problem during normal gameplay, but I'll bet it has been quite a bunch. <_<

That said, it so happens that I have now encountered another problem hiding in things. When using JumpJets to get across the gap at the E6/E7 Door spot, while one might make it across Northbound with a 48.6 KPH Dire Wolf on only two JumpJets at first, there is a spot at about...

3055.0 — 2020.0 — 282.1 ... Facing near North @ ~345 Degrees

...which will instantly impede a JumpJet-equipped Mech and probably knock it completely off the upper areas, particularly if the Mech's Pilot has not been able to give time for letting the JumpJets recharge after the hop across. This can result in rather extremely unnecessary Fall Damage which any JumpJet-capable Mech should not have its' Legs forced into, particularly in a live battle situation where one needs to be able to keep moving. I'm thinking we can agree that this needs to have some remedy made in short order too, before it causes too much undue pain. (Darn good thing that I was lucky to be on the Testing Grounds when checking the Map over, so I could have time to compensate!) :(

And with that, I'm going to scoot for now. I have said all that surfaced on my mind at this time about the matter, and I'm out of time for being here right now. All which I can do now is to hope for more fixes to HPG Manifold in its' new "Reborn" Edition and wait to see if anything changes in order to improve gameplay for everyone. :unsure:

~D. V. "Thankful for B6's partial fix, even when it needs more... Still seeing C6/D6 issue... Ran into an E6/E7 issue too..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users