6 replies to this topic

#1 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 07 October 2021 - 06:02 AM

Returning player here. One of my to-do list items is to get my in game comms working again.

How do you guys have your in-game voice setup? Are you just manually pressing the caps lock key to talk, or is there a way to get the game to transmit your voice automatically, like teamspeak and discord?

Part of the problem is my left hand rests on a Nostromo. I can’t play the game w/o it, and that unfortunately makes pressing the caps lock key inconvenient.

I could map the caps lock key to my nostromo, but I’m wondering if there is a better way to go about this.

I have a Corsair HS60 Haptic headset with iCue software. I have not yet looked to see if iCue has any means to “press” caps lock when it senses I am talking.

Curious what others are doing.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 October 2021 - 06:17 AM

Hello there, 'knight-of-ni', and welcome back to MWO's insanity... :o

I am sorry to report, but it happens that MWO was designed solely & specifically to require use of your mapped Push-To-Talk key, whatever it may be. While it happens that I can understand your wish to have it auto-detect like some other games and communications software make available, there is the unfortunate fact that such could also lead to severe communication disruption because of background noise or other problems. :(

Other than that... If you do find a workaround, and can keep your sound environment clean, then I wish you all the best on making it work! ^_^

~D. V. "probably not the answer you want about voice auto-transmit, but I wish you well on finding a new solution" Devnull

#3 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 07 October 2021 - 07:56 AM

Thanks, Devnull. That's still good information. It keeps me from spending time pursing a solution that does not exist.

#4 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 09 October 2021 - 04:44 AM

UPDATE:
I was poking around in the game settings for no particular reason when I came across a "release delay" option under the VOIP settings. This can take a value from 0.0 to 3.0 seconds. This is somewhat helpful. Default is 0.1 seconds. I bumped mine to 0.5.

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 07:13 AM

View Postknight-of-ni, on 09 October 2021 - 04:44 AM, said:

UPDATE:
I was poking around in the game settings for no particular reason when I came across a "release delay" option under the VOIP settings. This can take a value from 0.0 to 3.0 seconds. This is somewhat helpful. Default is 0.1 seconds. I bumped mine to 0.5.

All that does is control how long after you release the Push-To-Talk key before it stops transmitting. I actually had to drop mine to dead zero in order to not have people angry at me on the battlefields. Unfortunately, the sound of releasing my Caps Lock key was being sent over the voice link. Be careful that increasing yours does not start the same problem. :(

~D. V. "giving a word of warning to those who use higher PTT release delays" Devnull

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:56 PM

View Postknight-of-ni, on 07 October 2021 - 06:02 AM, said:

I could map the caps lock key to my nostromo, but I’m wondering if there is a better way to go about this.
Map it to a foot pedal? :P

#7 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 06:13 AM

View PostHorseman, on 14 October 2021 - 11:56 PM, said:

Map it to a foot pedal? Posted Image

'Horseman', I think that people do not want to smell 'knight-of-ni's feet — or anyone else's for that matter — every time they use the Push-To-Talk in order to communicate with their voice. :P

~D. V. "making a joke as if smell-o-vision for communication was really a thing" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users